• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

chat thread 2021: RIP Paul Mooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, Pittsburgh airport is great since AA abandoned it.

Seriously. I was pleasantly surprised to even find a flight to Pittsburgh. But then I realized I was flying from CLT which flies practically everywhere in the country. So of course they’d have one.

meh. i guess i'm talking about the Platonic form of the bagel and taking issue with your faming of the bagel (and apparently carbs now) as a mere vessel for other foods.

if it's good enough, you're not focused on how it's a masterful counterpart to other food, you're thinking "damn that's a good bagel."

I am very comfortable with this too

But since the original question was meant to restrict us to one bagel style for the rest of our lives

If I am gonna have to spend time in my life in places where Panera or a grocery store Thomas bagel is the only option available to me, I’m gonna order plain ass bagels

I love eating a really good bagel with just butter or plain cream cheese, don’t get me wrong, much like elite bread it shouldn’t need something to elevate it. But let’s not ignore the ways in which we consistently consume bagels either.

this idea that there are just some foods which are always only good because they're paired with other foods is really sad to me idk

love a good hot slice of fresh home-baked bread, spread or no

“Always only good”

Where is this coming from

“Always only good”

Where is this coming from

I understood "This is elevating the bagel to a status it does not require nor have" as stating the bagel necessarily cannot obtain that status. The status of a food that can be good on it's own.

I understood "This is elevating the bagel to a status it does not require nor have" as stating the bagel necessarily cannot obtain that status. The status of a food that can be good on it's own.

Hm ok

Fine to parse this I guess and say that in fact bagels can be a standalone elite food BUT I’d argue their splendor is such that a truly elite bagel can stand on its own or be a conduit for other greater foods or for other lesser foods and also that is true for simply good bagels

Anything less than a very good bagel becomes only good if what it’s paired with is also good

A Krispy Kreme donut stands on its own and requires no accompanying spreads or meats. Glad we settled this.

Seriously. I was pleasantly surprised to even find a flight to Pittsburgh. But then I realized I was flying from CLT which flies practically everywhere in the country. So of course they’d have one.

Listen same started this whole argument mocking the Yankees who pointed to trains to other cities as a major selling point. Don’t need to make the same rhetorical mistake here.

Didn’t Pittsburg used to be a USAir hub? Not surprising you got a flight from CLT

A Krispy Kreme donut stands on its own and requires no accompanying spreads or meats. Glad we settled this.

A single slice of cheddar cheese is good at any time of day or night and can go with nearly everything and is better than a KK donut

Imma just let that sink in for a minute before you get roasted

I already told you guys I’ve been drinking

Uh oh I’m watching Eurovision 2020: the story of fire saga again

Sara Lee Bagels are laced with crack too, something makes them absolutely delicious.

I'm like legit pissed. One of my closest friends/dart partner who I'd play darts with 2x a week is like Districting his covid anxiety. Will be 14 days after 2nd shot and "doesn't feel comfortable" being indoors with one other vaccined people, so now I can't fucking play darts which I've been waiting 14 fucking months to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back