• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

chat thread 2021: RIP Paul Mooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Midwest easily the worst region to visit. Few good cities, not a lot of natural landmarks, national parks, etc.

DC and Boston were far easier to fill weekends with visitors and required way less driving.

Tough to beat an afternoon of walking around Georgetown or Back Bay, shopping at the Vineyard Vines store, and eating lunch.

The Midwest easily the worst region to visit. Few good cities, not a lot of natural landmarks, national parks, etc.

Whatever region Texas, Oklahoma, and Arkansas is, that's the worst region.

She dropped her glove, to prove his love, then looked at him and smiled;
He bowed, and in a moment leaped among the lions wild:
The leap was quick, return was quick, he has regained his place,
Then threw the glove, but not with love, right in the lady’s face.
“By God!” said Francis, “rightly done!” and he rose from where he sat:
“No love,” quoth he, “but vanity, sets love a task like that.”

The Love and the Lions - Leigh Hunt

the Rust Belt region can be pretty sad, but at least you have some legacy density and nice architecture and usually high level sports

Personally I like visiting the West Coast the most, followed by I guess the Rocky Mountains. I guess we need a good definition of regions.

the Rust Belt region can be pretty sad, but at least you have some legacy density and nice architecture and usually high level sports

Speaking of rust belt architecture, there’s a movie that is based around the architecture in Columbus, Indiana, that’s pretty good. Called Columbus.

Columbus is a cool afternoon stop on a road trip

I heard the movie was pretty slow, but I still have it in the back of my mind to check out

The worst place to visit is this CVS where I am in line for my 2nd jab. Peter Fucking Cetera on the Muzak. God.

I visit in law family in NW Ohio every year in a rust belt town whose mill left in the 70s or 80s. I have similarly visited small town Nebraska and central Illinois for weekends with this family. So comparatively I can fill a weekend basically anywhere if I need to.

I've been to 46 of the 50 states. IMO, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Iowa, Alabama, Mississippi are the worst/lamest.

The best to visit are Alaska, Maine, Florida, Oregon and California.

I've been to 46 of the 50 states. IMO, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Iowa, Alabama, Mississippi are the worst/lamest.

I kinda enjoyed the gulf coast and Birmingham and Montgomery.

I kinda enjoyed the gulf coast and Birmingham and Montgomery.

I saw Neutral Milk Hotel in Birmingham, so that was great.

I mean, those places are not terrible, but if I'm going to visit the Gulf Coast, the FL panhandle beaches are better because there aren't any oil rigs. Everything that B-ham has to offer, other cities have it better. Really surprised you enjoyed Montgomery though. I can't think of anything good about Montgomery.

The best to visit are Alaska, Maine, Florida, Oregon and California.

the worst to visit? you guessed it:

frank-stallone.jpg

I saw Neutral Milk Hotel in Birmingham, so that was great.

I mean, those places are not terrible, but if I'm going to visit the Gulf Coast, the FL panhandle beaches are better because there aren't any oil rigs. Everything that B-ham has to offer, other cities have it better. Really surprised you enjoyed Montgomery though. I can't think of anything good about Montgomery.

I really liked all the Civil Rights historical stuff and the Freedom Riders Museum. Plus my wife is a history teacher and it was like the holy land to her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back