• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

chat thread 2021: RIP Paul Mooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have spent a lot of time driving through indiana but have never stopped
Same! That's why I've made my personal rule that I've needed to stay there for some reason. It makes it tougher. I shouldn't have any trouble crossing off Indiana though

I have never slept in Indiana but I went to a Wake-ND football game, so I'm good on Indiana.

I still have Iowa, Nebrasaka, ND, SD, MT, Idaho, Oregon (which I plan to visit this summer), Alaska, Hawaii, New Mexico, Wyoming, and Oklahoma left to visit.

I'm not sure I actually intend to pull all of that off.

i have not been to very many states

i think i've been to more countries than i've been to us states, but i'd need to check

I have never slept in Indiana but I went to a Wake-ND football game, so I'm good on Indiana.

I still have Iowa, Nebrasaka, ND, SD, MT, Idaho, Oregon (which I plan to visit this summer), Alaska, Hawaii, New Mexico, Wyoming, and Oklahoma left to visit.

I'm not sure I actually intend to pull all of that off.

I think football game would satisfy my criterion (doing something significant).

Forgot about Notre Dame. Yeah, I'll just do a game there soon. Easy.

Iowa and Oklahoma were for multi-day job interviews. How different my life would be right now if I were living for the rest of my days in Stillwater.

and it's always the fucks from the worst states who are most vocal about DC not becoming a state

Same! That's why I've made my personal rule that I've needed to stay there for some reason. It makes it tougher. I shouldn't have any trouble crossing off Indiana though

I don't think I've stayed in Kansas, but I drove through it end to end twice. It takes like 7 hours one way, so I'm counting that as significant.

I checked a lot of bad states off my list a number of years ago when I was part of this national roadshow thing for work. we had paid for a new national monument in DC and did a tour from Denver (where it was sculpted) to DC hitting a lot of state capitol buildings and such. so just like that I knocked out Kansas, Missouri, Indiana, Ohio, etc. that I have no desire to really hit again. So many of our states have such shitty capital cities.

We drove took a detour into North Dakota on our way to Glacier when I was in my early 20's just so my pops could say he's been to every state. I just have to check off Hawaii but poor.

Have been to:

CA, CO, CT, DE, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MO, NH, NJ, NY, NC, OH, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, VA, WA, WV, WY

of the states i haven't been to, i really want to go to:

AK, AZ, HI, NM, VT, and WI

the rest, don't care if i never visit

Haven't visited:

HI, OR, WA, ID, MT, ND, SD, WY, NM, NE, AR, OK, IA, WI, NH, VT

Of those, would want to hit HI, OR, WA, MT, WY, NM, VT

I had to go to a conference in Indianapolis while I was in grad school. Fucking February in Indy. It was 9 degrees when my plane landed. Fuck that place.

ok so i've only been to 10 countries, my mental math was significantly off

I’ve decided to start closing all my work emails with the closing “tempt not a desperate man”.

I've been to 46 of the 50 states. IMO, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Iowa, Alabama, Mississippi are the worst/lamest.

The best to visit are Alaska, Maine, Florida, Oregon and California.

Doesn’t south Texas have the most diverse bird population in the country?

I realize that flying up in the air on a skateboard or bicycle and spinning around is not an easy trick, but I’ve seen enough of that X Games shit to last me the rest of my life.

one of our friends has been to 48 states, and is crossing off her final two this summer, iowa and nebraska

kinda feel like those might be the worst states, she was like "why would i have ever gone there?"

I have been to 49 states. Adding number 50 this year. Recently hit Nebraska and North Dakota as 48 and 49. Nebraska does not seem to have much to offer. Mississippi, Indiana, Delaware, and a few others could be in that same bucket. Or I could be missing out on something.

The worst place I have lived, by far, is Roanoke. Even it has enough for a great long weekend. Wondering how anyone could not plan a great long weekend in Houston, Dallas, Phoenix...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back