Page 8 of 76 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131858 ... LastLast

Thread: chat thread 2021: if you fill up garbage cans with gas it will evaporate

morning mako. 11:26 on the crossword today.

today we drive to kentucky for my niece's college graduation.

Quote Originally Posted by DeacDiggler View Post
    morning mako. 11:26 on the crossword today.

today we drive to kentucky for my niece's college graduation.
    Yikes. What part?

bowling green....like a 7 hour drive. But, her family sucks so we are going to be supportive.

when i say her family sucks i mean it. She threw her mother (my sister in law) and her grandmother (my mother in law) out of her wedding because they were being assholes and trying to create drama on her wedding day. She calmly told them to leave. It was great, and we were proud of her, but that's just a shitty thing to do to a bride. She paid for her own wedding at 20, and has paid her own way through college....so dammit we're going to be there to support her and tell her we're proud of her.

Sam "Ace" Rothstein
    Houston sucks. It smells. I canít think of a single redeeming quality.

I donít care if there are decent restaurants there. You all really tend to overrate the impact of a cityís food options on whether or not it is a good city to visit/live.

Bunch of god damn fatties.

ATS woke up surly.

Sam "Ace" Rothstein
    I do like Dallas (and Fort Worth), San Antonio, and Austin.

And I do like food.

houston is a hotter and more humid atlanta. eff that. Dallas is a browner (vegetation wise) and more pompous houston. eff that too.

Albuquerque is a cool town. Better than Phoenix.

oh definitely. Santa Fe too. Phoenix sucks. Another stupidly sprawling city but at least it's hotter than satan's butthole after eating wings.

Phoenix is huge and sprawly. Tucson is a good place though. Mainly because it's got super easy access to Saguaro National Park and lots of other beautiful natural landscapes. I spent three nights in Santa Fe a few years ago and rather enjoyed it.
    Birds are real.

Flagstaff is also cool.

That's cool that you like the southwest, it's one of my favorite regions.

Quote Originally Posted by DeacDiggler View Post
    houston is a hotter and more humid atlanta. eff that. Dallas is a browner (vegetation wise) and more pompous houston. eff that too.
    The level of pompousness is pretty equal to what one finds on the Wake campus.

Agreed. Winston sucks too and I would hate to live at wake forest

Being new to the DFW and having to entertain each of my parents on back to back weekends, I was forced to try and find out what to do here with visitors. With my dad, we went to Grapevine, went to a Rangers game and went to the Fort Worth Stockyards. With my mom and sister we went to Southlake, Grapevine, Highland Park, Uptown and the Stockyards.

Both groups seemed to enjoy their time in the area for a weekend. All to say I think you can make a good weekend out of the DFW, probably more so if there was a football game you wanted to attend. I had to do the same with Charlotte years back, and think it was easier to fill a weekend in Dallas than it was in Charlotte.

yeah you can definitely make a weekend out of most decent sized cities if there is an event tied to it like a game or concert.

lotta negativity in the CT this AM

it's okay fellas
    semi-aquatic like otters be.

What is the best region of the country to visit? If you're throwing Montana in as well I'm gonna have to go with the Northwest.

What's the worst?

the best region of the country to visit is the one that fits best with the collection of puzzle pieces that make up the complex mosaic that is you
    semi-aquatic like otters be.