Page 9 of 77 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141959 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 1536

Thread: chat thread 2021: if you fill up garbage cans with gas it will evaporate

  1. #161
    DC and Boston were far easier to fill weekends with visitors and required way less driving.

  2. #162
    The Midwest easily the worst region to visit. Few good cities, not a lot of natural landmarks, national parks, etc.

  3. #163
    Quote Originally Posted by TimmyClutch View Post
    DC and Boston were far easier to fill weekends with visitors and required way less driving.
    Tough to beat an afternoon of walking around Georgetown or Back Bay, shopping at the Vineyard Vines store, and eating lunch.

  4. #164
    Quote Originally Posted by BarcaDeac View Post
    The Midwest easily the worst region to visit. Few good cities, not a lot of natural landmarks, national parks, etc.
    Whatever region Texas, Oklahoma, and Arkansas is, that's the worst region.

  5. #165
    I disagree with you
    ImTheCaptain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    46,119
    She dropped her glove, to prove his love, then looked at him and smiled;
    He bowed, and in a moment leaped among the lions wild:
    The leap was quick, return was quick, he has regained his place,
    Then threw the glove, but not with love, right in the lady’s face.
    “By God!” said Francis, “rightly done!” and he rose from where he sat:
    “No love,” quoth he, “but vanity, sets love a task like that.”

    The Love and the Lions - Leigh Hunt

  6. #166
    What a bitch man.

  7. #167
    Midwest is lame, but biff is right that the Great Plains region is lamer

  8. #168
    the Rust Belt region can be pretty sad, but at least you have some legacy density and nice architecture and usually high level sports

  9. #169
    Great Lakes are pretty cool in the summer.

  10. #170

  11. #171
    Personally I like visiting the West Coast the most, followed by I guess the Rocky Mountains. I guess we need a good definition of regions.

  12. #172
    Quote Originally Posted by JuiceCrewAllStar View Post
    the Rust Belt region can be pretty sad, but at least you have some legacy density and nice architecture and usually high level sports
    Speaking of rust belt architecture, there’s a movie that is based around the architecture in Columbus, Indiana, that’s pretty good. Called Columbus.

  13. #173
    Columbus is a cool afternoon stop on a road trip

    I heard the movie was pretty slow, but I still have it in the back of my mind to check out

  14. #174
    Scott "Rufio" Feather
    DeacInVermont's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Up North
    Posts
    5,237
    The worst place to visit is this CVS where I am in line for my 2nd jab. Peter Fucking Cetera on the Muzak. God.

  15. #175
    I visit in law family in NW Ohio every year in a rust belt town whose mill left in the 70s or 80s. I have similarly visited small town Nebraska and central Illinois for weekends with this family. So comparatively I can fill a weekend basically anywhere if I need to.

  16. #176
    I've been to 46 of the 50 states. IMO, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Iowa, Alabama, Mississippi are the worst/lamest.

    The best to visit are Alaska, Maine, Florida, Oregon and California.
    Birds are real.

  17. #177
    Quote Originally Posted by birdman View Post
    I've been to 46 of the 50 states. IMO, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Iowa, Alabama, Mississippi are the worst/lamest.
    I kinda enjoyed the gulf coast and Birmingham and Montgomery.

  18. #178
    Quote Originally Posted by mako1331 View Post
    I kinda enjoyed the gulf coast and Birmingham and Montgomery.
    I saw Neutral Milk Hotel in Birmingham, so that was great.

    I mean, those places are not terrible, but if I'm going to visit the Gulf Coast, the FL panhandle beaches are better because there aren't any oil rigs. Everything that B-ham has to offer, other cities have it better. Really surprised you enjoyed Montgomery though. I can't think of anything good about Montgomery.
    Birds are real.

  19. #179
    I disagree with you
    ImTheCaptain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    46,119
    Quote Originally Posted by birdman View Post
    I've been to 46 of the 50 states. IMO, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Iowa, Alabama, Mississippi are the worst/lamest.

    The best to visit are Alaska, Maine, Florida, Oregon and California.
    the worst to visit? you guessed it:


  20. #180
    Quote Originally Posted by birdman View Post
    I saw Neutral Milk Hotel in Birmingham, so that was great.

    I mean, those places are not terrible, but if I'm going to visit the Gulf Coast, the FL panhandle beaches are better because there aren't any oil rigs. Everything that B-ham has to offer, other cities have it better. Really surprised you enjoyed Montgomery though. I can't think of anything good about Montgomery.
    I really liked all the Civil Rights historical stuff and the Freedom Riders Museum. Plus my wife is a history teacher and it was like the holy land to her.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •