• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Opting Out

UNC versus WFU

2019 Deacs win 24-18; should have been bigger margin but we went conserva-Grobe/not for the jugular for some reason.
2020 after our walk on safety blew assignments and missed a ton of tackles in space (sorry, he just killed us that day) - we get blown out by the mighty Heels 59-53 after leading 45-31 early in the 4th.

So Mack parlays that into 5 NFL draftees to our 1 in 2021.

And now Sam Howell is projected #1-3 top pick in 2022. They will get another 2-3 guys drafted in 2022 to our what? Zero? One?

That's about 7-9 to 1-2, seems like a significant talent gap.

Does that mean we have:

a. much better coaching?
b. much better player preparation and game plan execution?
c. mediocre LOWF marketing and pro-day setups?
d. All of the above?
e. None of the above?

BTW: I've seen UNC as pre-season top 25 and Howell as early Heisman favorite. UGH. It's like a damn PR machine and killing us not to say "beat them 2 years in a row with Ole Mack in charge..."

UNC-CH has 10 returning starters on defense and 8 on offense, including their whole offensive line.

UNC-CH has 10 returning starters on defense and 8 on offense, including their whole offensive line.

Deacs have what, 19 returning starters? A great O-line coming back plus a determined Hartman after last season's crash ending. We have a great schedule and my early newsletter has us with 7+ wins. I am looking at us getting 8 or 9 wins myself with our superior coaching. I really only see one game on the schedule that is not winnable and that, of course, is Clemson.

Back