Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Opting Out

Quote Originally Posted by TheAbster View Post
    That's way different than how I expected Biff's voice to sound.

Broderick Hicks
    UNC versus WFU

2019 Deacs win 24-18; should have been bigger margin but we went conserva-Grobe/not for the jugular for some reason.
    2020 after our walk on safety blew assignments and missed a ton of tackles in space (sorry, he just killed us that day) - we get blown out by the mighty Heels 59-53 after leading 45-31 early in the 4th.

So Mack parlays that into 5 NFL draftees to our 1 in 2021.

And now Sam Howell is projected #1-3 top pick in 2022. They will get another 2-3 guys drafted in 2022 to our what? Zero? One?

That's about 7-9 to 1-2, seems like a significant talent gap.

Does that mean we have:

a. much better coaching?
    b. much better player preparation and game plan execution?
    c. mediocre LOWF marketing and pro-day setups?
    d. All of the above?
    e. None of the above?

BTW: I've seen UNC as pre-season top 25 and Howell as early Heisman favorite. UGH. It's like a damn PR machine and killing us not to say "beat them 2 years in a row with Ole Mack in charge..."

Primary OGB Benefactor
    UNC-CH has 10 returning starters on defense and 8 on offense, including their whole offensive line.

Broderick Hicks
    Quote Originally Posted by BiffTannen View Post
    UNC-CH has 10 returning starters on defense and 8 on offense, including their whole offensive line.
    Yeah unfortunately I've actually seen top 10 preseason for the Holes.

Quote Originally Posted by BiffTannen View Post
    Deacs have what, 19 returning starters? A great O-line coming back plus a determined Hartman after last season's crash ending. We have a great schedule and my early newsletter has us with 7+ wins. I am looking at us getting 8 or 9 wins myself with our superior coaching. I really only see one game on the schedule that is not winnable and that, of course, is Clemson.