• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Do You Live In A Political Bubble?

Angus has pretty much called any GOPer who is fed up with Trump authoritarianism a turncoat or Rino. Its hard not to conclude that your opposition is in a bubble when you stereotype people like Bill Kristol into it?

Brad is a dipshit, as we all know. But is an interesting contrast- Brad assumes that all folks who used to be 'pubs who are now independent or democrats must be liberal. Meanwhile jh believes that those folks (such as Liz Cheney, Bill Kristol, and his personal lord and savior, George Will) are on the cusp of returning to power as the purported "Trump hangover" wears off.

While Brad is, per usual, way the fuck off regarding his assessment of former pubs, he is much closer to the truth regarding whether those people fit in today's republican party than jh.

It's clear that some of you have decided that an Randian vision of the US is worth sacrificing everything for. Honor, integrity, respect for Democracy. Either that or you are deluding yourselves that this isn't the case.

Once again feel free to bring up a single policy point in good faith and you�ll probably get a largely respectful response. RJ the poster is dead so you don�t need to worry about that.

You�re a troll though so I�m not sure why you�re pretending to care. Even your new handle is bad faith

This is art. As I said, everyone in the bubble has an answer to why they're in the bubble (even if it's not close to accurate). According to you, this place is full of a bunch of honest, good-faith brokers thirsty for healthy political debate. For some reason, nobody shows up. So weird, right?

The people who don’t show up aren’t good faith brokers looking for healthy political debate. It’s pretty simple. They either troll or leave.

Brad is a dipshit, as we all know. But is an interesting contrast- Brad assumes that all folks who used to be 'pubs who are now independent or democrats must be liberal. Meanwhile jh believes that those folks (such as Liz Cheney, Bill Kristol, and his personal lord and savior, George Will) are on the cusp of returning to power as the purported "Trump hangover" wears off.

While Brad is, per usual, way the fuck off regarding his assessment of former pubs, he is much closer to the truth regarding whether those people fit in today's republican party than jh.

Seems a fair take.

This is art. As I said, everyone in the bubble has an answer to why they're in the bubble (even if it's not close to accurate). According to you, this place is full of a bunch of honest, good-faith brokers thirsty for healthy political debate. For some reason, nobody shows up. So weird, right?

Eh you’re fooling no one. Sorry you don’t want to defend your party’s policies, whatever they are. If you choose not to engage that’s your own problem and no one will miss you when you leave.

Sometimes it hard to know if Republicans know what they’re doing. Are they smart and evil and making bad faith arguments in the Mitch McConnell vein? Are they dupes who just believe conservative arguments and don’t know any better? Or are they confident people who just come up with ridiculous ideas that they actually believe are true?

I used to think jhmd was in the first group. Now I think he’s in the third.

hilarious.

Through fear-mongering for over 40 years (Limbaugh/Beck/Hannity/Carlson) the GOP constructed a political tent comprised of 1)deplorable racist/xenophobe/homophobes, 2)middle class white religious taxaphobe/entitlementphobe supply-siders, and 3)wealthy financial-class taxaphobe/entitlementphobe/regulation-aphobes that could ultimately only sell the shit platform with a huckster TV celebrity pitch-man paper billionaire. It fails miserably and after losing WH, House, and Senate they point to rest of the posters who remained in the real fucking world and call it a bubble unwilling to hear out their phobia-based nonsense.

I am thrilled jh is back

I honestly would love to know what the Republican Party stands for these days? The two big ones use to be small government and states rights (even though it was mostly smoke and mirrors). That has been thoroughly blown up, so I guess lower taxes and guns is all that’s left?

I honestly would love to know what the Republican Party stands for these days? The two big ones use to be small government and states rights (even though it was mostly smoke and mirrors). That has been thoroughly blown up, so I guess lower taxes and guns is all that’s left?

Fear

The people who don’t show up aren’t good faith brokers looking for healthy political debate. It’s pretty simple. They either troll or leave.

It is always the other guy's fault, isn't it?

Angus has pretty much called any GOPer who is fed up with Trump authoritarianism a turncoat or Rino.

Wrong again, Chris.

What I call out are the self-proclaimed "former" conservatives whose political views miraculously changed 180 degrees and are now in complete alignment with the DNC platform because Orange Man Bad.

If Donald fucking Trump forced someone (who previously thought the opposite) into believing more government control over day-to-day life is a good thing and all cops are racists then that deserves to be called out and mocked.

Last edited:

*lower taxes for the rich

Trump raised taxes on the middle and lower classes

But yes this place is a bubble if we're just choosing between current Dems and Pubs. This is because anyone left in the White Supremacist cult of Donald Trump (formerly known as the GOP) at this point is either brainwashed or subhuman trash.

Back