• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Do You Live In A Political Bubble?

The thing is former conservatives that now “align” don’t actually align, hence some people’s argument this place isn’t a bubble. You think losing all those white educated suburban voters was because all of a sudden it was 100% policy alignment. No, it’s because the GOP became beholden to Trump while catering to deplorable trash. So weighing the options, some policies you like from Dems and not be associated with racist pandering and far right groups, or more polices from the GOP you like but also a bunch of crazy as shit policies to wink and nod toward the voters you now need to win, and you go vote Dem.

Wrong again, Chris.

What I call out are the self-proclaimed "former" conservatives whose political views miraculously changed 180 degrees and are now in complete alignment with the DNC platform because Orange Man Bad.

If Donald fucking Trump forced someone (who previously thought the opposite) into believing more government control over day-to-day life is a good thing and all cops are racists then that deserves to be called out and mocked.

I’d suggest those folks should be called out for being about 7 years late in recognizing their party done gone off the deep end.

Now it’s more like 11-12 years past time to recognize.

I honestly would love to know what the Republican Party stands for these days? The two big ones use to be small government and states rights (even though it was mostly smoke and mirrors). That has been thoroughly blown up, so I guess lower taxes and guns is all that’s left?

oh and victimhood

hate and distrust of "others"

*lower taxes for the rich

Pretty much.

You sit down for a prix fixe meal and can’t leave until you have eaten everything that is served.

Option 1. Carrot snacks and hummus, a vegan quinoa bowl, and avocado mousse
Option 2. Chicken wings, a cheeseburger with fries, an ice cream bowl of shit

Going with option 1, but that doesn’t mean you are vegan or particularly like things like carrot snacks. Sure as hell rather have a cheeseburger and some wings, but hey then I also have to eat a bowl of shit.

Problem is, shit has become the main course. And appetizer. And dessert.

Only thing left that’s palatable is the after dinner mint.

The wings and cheeseburger are just puréed shit formed and colored to look good.

Wrong again, Chris.

What I call out are the self-proclaimed "former" conservatives whose political views miraculously changed 180 degrees and are now in complete alignment with the DNC platform because Orange Man Bad.

If Donald fucking Trump forced someone (who previously thought the opposite) into believing more government control over day-to-day life is a good thing and all cops are racists then that deserves to be called out and mocked.

Bill Kristol, Tom Nichols and Rick Wilson's views completely align with the DNC platform?

You can be a conservative free market guy and realise that there needs to be some sort of public health care because every other country is providing health care services more effectively efficiently than we are to the masses, And you can see enough videos of police officers pulling 75 year old grandmas out of their minivans by their hair and telling uniform servicemen that they're going to ride the lightning to realise that we have a problem in this country without defaulting to the stereotype that the other side believes that all policemen are racist.

Last edited:
Pretty much.

This board wants to know what Republicans stand for, but only considers answers posted by Democrats. When 74 million people (1 in 4 eligible Americans) vote against the Democrats, those people are "subhuman trash."

Nice little bubble you got going here.

Waiting for what the party stands for. I think it’s been asked multiple times now but seems you don’t want to actually engage also likely don’t want to actually be tied to anything. So continue with your gotchas and deflections.

This board wants to know what Republicans stand for, but only considers answers posted by Democrats. When 74 million people (1 in 4 eligible Americans) vote against the Democrats, those people are "subhuman trash."

Nice little bubble you got going here.

None of this is true. We know what Republicans stand for because we read what Republicans leads say, we discuss what Republicans vote into law, and read those “we went to a diner in rural Ohio” articles.

I don’t know who you’re quoting who called Republicans “subhuman trash.”

Waiting for what the party stands for. I think it’s been asked multiple times now but seems you don’t want to actually engage also likely don’t want to actually be tied to anything. So continue with your gotchas and deflections.

I have already replied in this thread that Republicans will be running against the proposed increases in taxes, public education ignoring science to milk the shutdown at the behest of teacher's unions (how far in the bubble do you need to be not to know this? Answer: 06deacon-deep) and against de-funding the police. Those are three challenging issues for Dems to deal with. So maybe start there?

None of this is true. We know what Republicans stand for because we read what Republicans leads say, we discuss what Republicans vote into law, and read those “we went to a diner in rural Ohio” articles.

I don’t know who you’re quoting who called Republicans “subhuman trash.”

Here you go:

*lower taxes for the rich

Trump raised taxes on the middle and lower classes

But yes this place is a bubble if we're just choosing between current Dems and Pubs. This is because anyone left in the White Supremacist cult of Donald Trump (formerly known as the GOP) at this point is either brainwashed or subhuman trash.

OK. Funny that "brainwashed" seems fine.

I also think it's telling that in railing against answering about what Republicans stand for you say 74 million people voted against Democrats and not for any particularly person, policy, or principles. Are 74 million people for something or similar against Democrats?

I have already replied in this thread that Republicans will be running against the proposed increases in taxes, public education ignoring science to milk the shutdown at the behest of teacher's unions (how far in the bubble do you need to be not to know this? Answer: 06deacon-deep) and against de-funding the police. Those are three challenging issues for Dems to deal with. So maybe start there?

What do Republicans stand FOR?

OK. Funny that "brainwashed" seems fine.

I also think it's telling that in railing against answering about what Republicans stand for you say 74 million people voted against Democrats and not for any particularly person, policy, or principles. Are 74 million people for something or similar against Democrats?

You are something else.

Must be something screwy 'bout this here bubble...when I try that link from the tunnels, it comes up...

lsswz0noetb61.jpg

Hey I was just coming to post the same thing! Donald Trump is the answer to the question.

WHEREAS, The RNC, had the Platform Committee been able to convene in 2020, would have
undoubtedly unanimously agreed to reassert the Party’s strong support for President Donald
Trump and his Administration;

WHEREAS, The media has outrageously misrepresented the implications of the RNC not
adopting a new platform in 2020 and continues to engage in misleading advocacy for the failed
policies of the Obama-Biden Administration, rather than providing the public with unbiased
reporting of facts; and

WHEREAS, The RNC enthusiastically supports President Trump and continues to reject the
policy positions of the Obama-Biden Administration, as well as those espoused by the
Democratic National Committee today; therefore, be it

RESOLVED, That the Republican Party has and will continue to enthusiastically support the
President’s America-first agenda;

RESOLVED, That the 2020 Republican National Convention will adjourn without adopting a
new platform until the 2024 Republican National Convention;

Back