• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Do You Live In A Political Bubble?

Yikes. Is it really a hangover if you’re still drinking?

There are 67 pages, but you stopped reading when you found out that a national party supports its nominated candidate for President. Maybe keep reading?

This is the good-faith debate my fellow conservatives are missing out on.

So they will be running against something that won’t exist in 2022, schools being shutdown, and running against increased taxes on the wealthy that has nothing to do with the majority of voters. I suppose defund the police is a pretty good one to run against but is more an example of shitty Dem messaging than anything. Solid platform, anything else with more substance.

There are 67 pages, but you stopped reading when you found out that a national party supports its nominated candidate for President. Maybe keep reading?

67 pages which is just a reprint of the 2016 platform. the one they adopted at the same time you were insisting Trump wasn't the head of the party. in 2020 they reaffirmed their commitment to him. they will not officially as a party re-examine this platform until 2024 when Trump may or may not be the nominee again (or someone else with that last name). within that time frame, you are confident that Republicans will reassess their commitment to Trump and embrace the Romney/Cheney wing.

To be fair, i am realizing it is pretty difficult to have a good faith debate with someone who is disconnected from reality.

67 pages which is just a reprint of the 2016 platform. the one they adopted at the same time you were insisting Trump wasn't the head of the party. in 2020 they reaffirmed their commitment to him. they will not officially as a party re-examine this platform until 2024 when Trump may or may not be the nominee again (or someone else with that last name). within that time frame, you are confident that Republicans will reassess their commitment to Trump and embrace the Romney/Cheney wing.

I think they will, because clinging to him didn't work out well in 2020. He's not on the ballot in 2022 (but the Biden agenda is). Pubs have no power to dictate any agenda. They don't control either House of the legislature nor do they control the White House. So yeah, they are in the opposition posture. That's life. When all you have is a canoe, you row.

Meh, page 2 says 2016 on it. I kinda stopped there since Trump was President on that platform and if a party was genuinely moving on from him I’d think there’d be new ideas you could articulate. Appears not?

I think they will, because clinging to him didn't work out well in 2020. He's not on the ballot in 2022 (but the Biden agenda is). Pubs have no power to dictate any agenda. They don't control either House of the legislature nor do they control the White House. So yeah, they are in the opposition posture. That's life. When all you have is a canoe, you row.

it'd probably help if they stopped traveling to Mar-a-Lago to discuss 2022 strategy, like Ted Cruz did the other day

Looks to me like they are going to row the motherfucker wherever the huckster tells them to. Perhaps to a recount in maricopa county, or maybe to a MTG gun giveaway, or even to a no-vax rally.

Face it old buddy, the huckster’s core is that canoes rudder and you are stuck on it

If you’re not brainwashed by the fear and paranoia of Fox News/OANN/etc then you’re okay being a member of a white supremacy death cult. Which makes you subhuman trash.

Last edited:
LOL at jh still trying to convince himself that the GOP isn't totally Trump's party. the only way you are getting those turnouts is tied to Trump's populist roving conspiracy theories white nationalist push.

LOL at jh still trying to convince himself that the GOP isn't totally Trump's party. the only way you are getting those turnouts is tied to Trump's populist roving conspiracy theories white nationalist push.

The nation has 74 million white nationalists? That's your theory?

There was probably a small number of white nationalist conspiracy driven shitty people in the GOP over the years. Trump though probably lost more “traditional” republicans than he gained in 2020. So 63 million votes, minus probably like 3 million+ traditional republicans and the new 74 million votes is probably an expansion of those shitty people by like 14 million. So right around 20% sounds about right, and now completely beholden to in an attempt to win any future elections.

Not what I said. But he was driving a good deal of turnout with his roving cult of personality.

I can see what you are saying, but I think there is a different context as to "Why". Trump was the biggest middle finger you could flip. He cultivated that in a way that none of his GOP primary rivals could, nor could his predecessors. To my surprise, that carried him to victory in the primary and to each of our surprises, the general. Hell, I didn't think it would work but it darn sure did.

I know this is a less satisfying answer than "subhuman trash"/"racism/White supremacy" but a lot of his appeal is how much you guys hate him. A lot of people voted for him to burn it down because they felt left behind. The establishment got mad when he tried to burn down the establishment (duh), but that's what a lot of his voters wanted because they thought the establishment screwed them over (hint: They are right; scoreboard). Those people weren't going to care about his abrupt/vulgar style because the whole point was an "F YOU." The more the better, I suspect.

Smashcut to the Summer of 2020 and the Dem crazies tried to burn down parts of major cities (looting occurred in medium sized ones too). Yes, I know you guys quickly changed the channel but middle America didn't. So they voted for him again because: 1. No really, F YOU, and 2. The media that they think lied to them was lying to them in real-time ("CNN: Peaceful protests" when Dems light city blocks on fire, but Trump has an outdoor rally and it's a "Superspreader event"*). The reason to vote for him (F You again) in their mind was bigger in 2020 than in 2016. The only reason that they cared that he drove yall crazy is because they loved it. I certainly understand why that alienates you, but chalking all (not some but all) of it up to racism is a #comfortable way to avoid the fact that his supporters were trying to tell you that the system failed them (true) and there wasn't any louder way to say it. The media trying to kill him only further validated him in their minds. The right people weren't just mad, they were losing their minds. From my point of view, that's what makes Trump different at the electoral level than his predecessors.

I can see what you are saying, but I think there is a different context as to "Why". Trump was the biggest middle finger you could flip. He cultivated that in a way that none of his GOP primary rivals could, nor could his predecessors. To my surprise, that carried him to victory in the primary and to each of our surprises, the general. Hell, I didn't think it would work but it darn sure did.

I know this is a less satisfying answer than "subhuman trash"/"racism/White supremacy" but a lot of his appeal is how much you guys hate him. A lot of people voted for him to burn it down because they felt left behind. The establishment got mad when he tried to burn down the establishment (duh), but that's what a lot of his voters wanted because they thought the establishment screwed them over (hint: They are right; scoreboard). Those people weren't going to care about his abrupt/vulgar style because the whole point was an "F YOU." The more the better, I suspect.

Smashcut to the Summer of 2020 and the Dem crazies tried to burn down parts of major cities (looting occurred in medium sized ones too). Yes, I know you guys quickly changed the channel but middle America didn't. So they voted for him again because: 1. No really, F YOU, and 2. The media that they think lied to them was lying to them in real-time ("CNN: Peaceful protests" when Dems light city blocks on fire, but Trump has an outdoor rally and it's a "Superspreader event"*). The reason to vote for him (F You again) in their mind was bigger in 2020 than in 2016. The only reason that they cared that he drove yall crazy is because they loved it. I certainly understand why that alienates you, but chalking all (not some but all) of it up to racism is a #comfortable way to avoid the fact that his supporters were trying to tell you that the system failed them (true) and there wasn't any louder way to say it. The media trying to kill him only further validated him in their minds. The right people weren't just mad, they were losing their minds. From my point of view, that's what makes Trump different at the electoral level than his predecessors.

1)There is a fair amount of overlap between "the system failed them" and racism/white nationalism. One does not automatically imply the other, but Trump certainly tied them together by blaming certain people and dabbling in Great Replacement/White Genocide rhetoric, even if he didn't call it that.

2)That's a little dishonest. Trump's "superspreader events" were generally indoors and unmasked (Tulsa, ACB celebration). I don't watch CNN nearly as much as the average conservative that professes to hate it so I can't say much about their coverage, but there were plenty of peaceful protests, and plenty that started peaceful until they were escalated by the police.

1)There is a fair amount of overlap between "the system failed them" and racism/white nationalism. One does not automatically imply the other, but Trump certainly tied them together by blaming certain people and dabbling in Great Replacement/White Genocide rhetoric, even if he didn't call it that.

2)That's a little dishonest. Trump's "superspreader events" were generally indoors and unmasked (Tulsa, ACB celebration). I don't watch CNN nearly as much as the average conservative that professes to hate it so I can't say much about their coverage, but there were plenty of peaceful protests, and plenty that started peaceful until they were escalated by the police.

For instance:

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/...mostly-peaceful-caption-with-video-of-burning

Why are you attributing protests in cities to a political party?

Why are you attributing protests in cities to a political party?

Which party do you blame for January 6th? Why? Because it is true. Dem pols were cheering on the protestors. You need links or can we move on?

My point wasn't the protest, it was the comfort with which the media tried to lie about them. I know you all think all of the rubes are dumb. I will give you that they don't understand the finer points of microbiology, immunology and epidemiology (do any of us, really? I wiped down groceries through June of 2020). But rubes know that a burning city block is not a peaceful protest. If you/CNN are willing to lie about things they understand, they also believe that you are willing to lie about things they don't understand. If you watched a channel that insulted you and lied comfortably, you'd probably stop believing what that channel says. I know that because you do. They do too. Rubes: They're just like us!

Back