• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Do You Live In A Political Bubble?

So you’re a covid truther too. Great. Never let a crisis go to waste when we can try to spin it to win seats right?

The bad faith of your pre-scripted “easy failures to run against” makes me question your insistence that you’re not part of the Trump wing. Your presumed higher brow version will still have no policy positions or options. Just pointing to symptoms of complex problems and cheaply blaming the other guy. Pandering to the lowest common denominator.

I'm a Covid denier because I'm pointing out that Moms are pissed that public schools drug their feet to reopen? Step outside the bubble, buddy. There's a whole new world waiting for you.

And lol at the “rising tax rates” scare tactic. That’s all it’s ever been and will be. Wedge issues ramped up to 11 in service of lowering taxes again. complete abdication of any effort to lead or to make America great.

So you’re a covid truther too. Great. Never let a crisis go to waste when we can try to spin it to win seats right?

The bad faith of your pre-scripted “easy failures to run against” makes me question your insistence that you’re not part of the Trump wing. Your presumed higher brow version will still have no policy positions or options. Just pointing to symptoms of complex problems and cheaply blaming the other guy. Pandering to the lowest common denominator.

Yep

The GOP adopted Trumpism long before electing Trump. He’s, unfortunately, more a symptom and accelerant than a cause.

I'm a Covid denier because I'm pointing out that Moms are pissed that public schools drug their feet to reopen? Step outside the bubble, buddy. There's a whole new world waiting for you.

Facebook-fed moms complaining about school shutdowns because they “did their own research” you mean?

Pandering to the lowest common denominator for cheap shots. I thought you were claiming the party was changing and they’d get a hangover from trumpism.

I have angry moms on my nextdoor arguing it’s child abuse to require kids to wear masks in schools. Are those the angry moms you’re referring to?

He literally just posted that he was unaffiliated...22 posts ago

Problem is, the party molded itself to be ripe for Trump's takeover. And they show no inclination to move away from Trump.

Come to the dark side...unaffiliated! And quit voting for (or supporting) Republicans.

Only on the Tunnels is voting straight ticket Dem over multiple elections and/or refusing to vote for pubs considered "unaffiliated" or "independent".

Any body who thinks the GOP is savable is in full on denial. They launched a failed coup in 2021 to keep a wildly incompetent reality show star in power despite losing the election by 8 million votes. You can rattle on about the Steele Dossier if you want but in January of 2017, 7 out of 196 house democrats officially objected to the election results while 144 out 195 house republicans objected in 2021. Plus the democrats objected to the results in places like Alabama, Mississippi and Wyoming where they knew there was no chance to change the results but instead wanted to make a point about the erosion of voting rights, especially in the south. Anyone with half a rational brain should abandon the GOP party and join the centrist Democrats or start their own political organization; the GOP is lost. Anyway, I'll stop now so that I don't start stinking up your GOP fantasy party bus a force you to leave, change names, and then return in a few years to complain about the smell.

Only on the Tunnels is voting straight ticket Dem over multiple elections and/or refusing to vote for pubs considered "unaffiliated" or "independent".

This place is definitely NOT a bubble. They have opinions ranging from "I voted for Biden because he is progressive enough" all the way to "I voted for Biden but he's not progressive enough." It's like the box set of permitted thoughts!

I didn’t vote for Biden. I think to the extent this place is a bubble, it is more along class than it is around a political ideology.

Nice, sharing a gotcha laugh with his party’s base. Save yourself the hassle of a formal censure and just go ahead and kiss the ring.

This place is definitely NOT a bubble. They have opinions ranging from "I voted for Biden because he is progressive enough" all the way to "I voted for Biden but he's not progressive enough." It's like the box set of permitted thoughts!

Yup - It's just like Bob's Country Bunker in the Blues Brothers playing both kinds of music... country and western.

The Tunnels has both kinds of voters - progressives and libs.

Any body who thinks the GOP is savable is in full on denial. They launched a failed coup in 2021 to keep a wildly incompetent reality show star in power despite losing the election by 8 million votes. You can rattle on about the Steele Dossier if you want but in January of 2017, 7 out of 196 house democrats officially objected to the election results while 144 out 195 house republicans objected in 2021. Plus the democrats objected to the results in places like Alabama, Mississippi and Wyoming where they knew there was no chance to change the results but instead wanted to make a point about the erosion of voting rights, especially in the south. Anyone with half a rational brain should abandon the GOP party and join the centrist Democrats or start their own political organization; the GOP is lost. Anyway, I'll stop now so that I don't start stinking up your GOP fantasy party bus a force you to leave, change names, and then return in a few years to complain about the smell.

Yep.

By an increasing majority, it's the truly deluded and/or truly dumb still remaining in the GOP. Sadly.

...not counting their leadership, which is more evil than dumb/deluded.

Yup - It's just like Bob's Country Bunker in the Blues Brothers playing both kinds of music... country and western.

The Tunnels has both kinds of voters - progressives and libs.

"The Tunnels: Your home for comfortable conversations about the policies we agree upon, but strongly disagree on why."

Jhmd and Angus bitching about how this board they post on is a liberal bubble is like Josh Hawley bitching on Twitter that Big Tech is censoring his book (that you can buy on Amazon).

Speaking of policies are there any Republican policies that have broad support? Many of Biden’s proposals when stripped away from partisan politics have wide support through out the country, sort of like when asking about the ACA in comparison to Obamacare. It sure seems like the Republican positions are not all that popular, Republican politicians know they aren’t that popular so through out the years have leaned into cultural grievances, things like gay marriage and such. However it wasn’t enough because their ideas are that shitty and with changing demographics to remain in power they had to full on embrace the correct term, the deplorable underbelly of America. Without that 5-10% all elections will be lost so in come the deplorables, conspiracy theorists, incels, Trump etc... and the party is now hostage and there is no going back. So sure maybe there might be some great popular policy like lower taxes for all (much more so if rich) but to get those policies you must accept Qanon, Asian hate crimes, and so forth.

Would love to discuss some GOP policy in good faith. Sadly, the GOP has nothing besides fear mongering and power grabbing.

Would love to discuss some GOP policy in good faith. Sadly, the GOP has nothing besides fear mongering and power grabbing.

LOL - This post should hang in the Louvre as a perfect summation of the Tunnels.

Back