• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Do You Live In A Political Bubble?

If you demonstrate honesty and speak the truth, Republicans will call you a communist.

See Mitt Romney.

Hey WokeandBroke, are Romney and Cheney communists?

If you demonstrate honesty and speak the truth, Republicans will call you a communist.

See Mitt Romney.

Hey WokeandBroke, are Romney and Cheney communists?

[NuJHsameastheoldJH]The Republican party is fixable! The hangover is settling in and all the party needs is some greasy food and ibuprofen! Everything is fine, it's the democRATS that are the real problem![/NuJHsameastheoldJH]

Yup - It's just like Bob's Country Bunker in the Blues Brothers playing both kinds of music... country and western.

The Tunnels has both kinds of voters - progressives and libs.

Well, we also have you - a kind of Tunnels version of the Court Jester and Fool. And I will also say that you're an outstanding representative of Trumpite Republicanism, Angus, in every way possible. And you can interpret that however you wish.

based upon the discussion here, it seems like WokeandBroke lives in a bubble as he and his supposed Republican friends have been deluded to think that their beloved party of old is still there and will spring forth for 2022. See this week's actions by party leadership re: Liz Cheney and yet Matt Gaetz is sitting pretty.

based upon the discussion here, it seems like WokeandBroke lives in a bubble as he and his supposed Republican friends have been deluded to think that their beloved party of old is still there and will spring forth for 2022. See this week's actions by party leadership re: Liz Cheney and yet Matt Gaetz is sitting pretty.

The "We're not in a bubble, YOU are in a bubble." retort. A tradition unlike any other.

we're just going with what all Republicans except Liz Cheney and Mitt Romney are saying publicly

The "We're not in a bubble, YOU are in a bubble." retort. A tradition unlike any other.

This has literally been your approach in this thread.

The question is not whether jh lives in a bubble. I'm sure he doesn't, to the extent he at least frequents this board. The question is whether his views reflect reality. They certainly have not in his latest incarnation on the board, to the extent they ever did before.

This has literally been your approach in this thread.

One key difference is that I am correct. There has been substantial and entertaining effort here to deny that this place is a bubble.

The question is not whether jh lives in a bubble. I'm sure he doesn't, to the extent he at least frequents this board. The question is whether his views reflect reality. They certainly have not in his latest incarnation on the board, to the extent they ever did before.

One key difference is that I am correct...

Of course you are.

Once again feel free to bring up a single policy point in good faith and you’ll probably get a largely respectful response. RJ the poster is dead so you don’t need to worry about that.

You’re a troll though so I’m not sure why you’re pretending to care. Even your new handle is bad faith

Some conservatives have stopped posting, but mostly it’s that the more conservative posters (DeacsPop, LK, Newenglanddeac) were disgusted by what the GOP has become and don’t bother defending it anymore.

I think the Republican Party has increasingly distanced itself from honesty and integrity, thus leaving an ever shrinking space for good faith or constructive dialogue with its remaining adherents.

So in that sense, yes.

But not in the sense that everyone here agrees on most things, or holds to a homogeneous political philosophy or perspective.

I think the Republican Party has increasingly distanced itself from honesty and integrity, thus leaving an ever shrinking space for good faith or constructive dialogue with its remaining adherents.

So in that sense, yes.

But not in the sense that everyone here agrees on most things, or holds to a homogeneous political philosophy or perspective.

Angus has pretty much called any GOPer who is fed up with Trump authoritarianism a turncoat or Rino. Its hard not to conclude that your opposition is in a bubble when you stereotype people like Bill Kristol into it?

Back