• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Do You Live In A Political Bubble?

What are your solutions for who should lead America? Pretty much all elected Republicans across the board in all levels of government are Trump supporters. Dems bad. So who is left?

So the answer to my question is "No, I can't see a third approach. It's me or Donald Trump. Pick one."

I can imagine one, but you ain't it jhmdBrokee. You trot out the same ideas and solutions as those assholes with a different wrapping on it. change my mind. :noidea:

You are always welcome on this bus, if you leave because the substance of your arguments is unoriginal and indistinguishable from the warthogs who own your party, well that's on you

The people who leave are feckless beta cucks who run away from the debate rather than engaging in it in good faith.

I can imagine one, but you ain't it jhmdBrokee. You trot out the same ideas and solutions as those assholes with a different wrapping on it. change my mind. :noidea:

You are always welcome on this bus, if you leave because the substance of your arguments is unoriginal and indistinguishable from the warthogs who own your party, well that's on you

Those guys are wrong on the environment, trade protectionism, access to basic health care (the solution to which remains a supply problem that the government can help with) and the role of religion in government.

You guys are wrong on most everything else.

It's a dichotomous poll/tool/political system, so of course there is no third way. Within that dichotomy, one of the choices has fallen head over heals for a deranged and incompetent sociopath as their lord and savior. I know, I know, it's the Dems fault for nominating Hillary.

Those guys are wrong on the environment, trade protectionism, access to basic health care (the solution to which remains a supply problem that the government can help with) and the role of religion in government.

You guys are wrong on most everything else.

Who are “those guys”

It's a dichotomous poll/tool/political system, so of course there is no third way. Within that dichotomy, one of the choices has fallen head over heals for a deranged and incompetent sociopath as their lord and savior. I know, I know, it's the Dems fault for nominating Hillary.

I think there's a third way, which is Trumpism. If the Republicans get their stuff together and take their party back, then whatever you think Trumpism is becomes the third way.

Lol the Republicans have already made their choice on what they want their party to be.

I think there's a third way, which is Trumpism. If the Republicans get their stuff together and take their party back, then whatever you think Trumpism is becomes the third way.

cool, which members of the party are leading that charge to get away from Trumpism? will it be a big campaign issue for Republicans in 2022?

Problem is, the party molded itself to be ripe for Trump's takeover. And they show no inclination to move away from Trump.

Come to the dark side...unaffiliated! And quit voting for (or supporting) Republicans.

I also think you know that a schism like you propose will end the GOP. So you and others have made your choice to ride the tiger until it eats you or eats democracy. Certainly more comfortable than speaking out or leaving.

cool, which members of the party are leading that charge to get away from Trumpism? will it be a big campaign issue for Republicans in 2022?

Traditional Republicans have to decide that. Trump's electoral juice was an intoxicant. People got power drunk. The hangover is just starting to kick in, as Biden enacts a progressive agenda. That's going to sting. My hope is that Republicans learn that the hangover wasn't worth the debauchery. We'll see.

Traditional Republicans have to decide that. Trump's electoral juice was an intoxicant. People got power drunk. The hangover is just starting to kick in, as Biden enacts a progressive agenda. That's going to sting. My hope is that Republicans learn that the hangover wasn't worth the debauchery. We'll see.

As GOP state legislatures and Governors ram through voting access laws based entirely on supporting Trump's big lie and enormously fragile ego...sure. The GOP is so far gone, it's time to move on.

I dunno man, they seem pretty hell bent on not moving on from Trumpism. One might say they didn’t learn the lesson of the 2020 election.

“Debauchery” is a curious way of describing bloody insurrection and treason. Surely you’re not trying to whitewash Jan 6th like the rest of the party.

considering a good majority of elected Republicans think Trump should be president were it not for those dastardly, cheating Dems, I doubt they will move on from him any time soon. they may or may not actually believe the Big Lie, but a lot of their constituents do, and these politicians believe you gotta embrace it to stay in office. otherwise Trump will support someone who does support the Big Lie and primary your ass.

jh wants to both 1) distance himself from the Trump wing of the party and 2) lump all people to the left of him as a monolith from which he can cherry pick half-quotes to argue against an entire bloc of posters

barely anyone on here who identifies as a leftist also identifies as a Democrat, yet many jh posts include "your party"

Wow, nuanced differences on a couple of issues within a narrow conservative framework (no way you are for broad environmental regs, UHC, choice, free trade), and the rest all in with the seditionists on guns, immigration, voter suppression, militarized police, trickle down lies, LGBTQ oppression...

Golly, it’s like a whole different party!!!!

Last edited:
considering a good majority of elected Republicans think Trump should be president were it not for those dastardly, cheating Dems, I doubt they will move on from him any time soon. they may or may not actually believe the Big Lie, but a lot of their constituents do, and these politicians believe you gotta embrace it to stay in office. otherwise Trump will support someone who does support the Big Lie and primary your ass.

The Republican desire for election security predates November 2020. We're all prisoners of the moment, but these battle lines were drawn years ago.

Back