• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Do You Live In A Political Bubble?

The Republican desire for election security predates November 2020. We're all prisoners of the moment, but these battle lines were drawn years ago.

So you haven’t evolved past the, ahem, deplorables. Over all these years you’ve never demonstrated ( no one has) that there an election security problem, yet you choose to auger in with the liars because...some special reason.

The Republican desire for election security predates November 2020. We're all prisoners of the moment, but these battle lines were drawn years ago.

good thing the election in Georgia in November 2020 was safe and secure as confirmed by the Republican governor and Secretary of State !

So you haven’t evolved past the, ahem, deplorables. Over all these years you’ve never demonstrated ( no one has) that there an election security problem, yet you choose to auger in with the liars because...some special reason.

I am simply stating a historical fact. Republicans have wanted safer election laws for a long time. This isn't a matter of opinion.

Safer for whom? Since you haven’t shown any evidence that the elections have been unsafe, “safer” is subjective, counselor.

I am simply stating a historical fact. Republicans have wanted safer election laws for a long time. This isn't a matter of opinion.
I will translate that statement for the uninitiated:republicans have long wanted more restrictive voting laws for a long time. This is a fact.

Safer for whom? Since you haven’t shown any evidence that the elections have been unsafe, “safer” is subjective, counselor.

I'm old enough to remember four years of bellyaching about election interference. I guess that was all just sour grapes. What a relief.

It’s always amusing to see conservatives call the Tunnels a liberal bubble. This board is an offshoot of a sports message board for a small elite private university. 99% of regular posters are white men. The vast majority are in their mid-30s or older.

If this board is a liberal bubble to you, you are stuck in a Republican bubble. You’re so far right that everything looks left. You’re like someone who lives out in the sticks and drives 30 minutes to the closest Walmart and thinks you’re in the city. Or you’re like an urbanite who crosses the bridge and sees an acre of grass and thinks you’re out in the country.

The people who leave are feckless beta cucks who run away from the debate rather than engaging in it in good faith.

To be fair, there are feckless beta cucks on both sides.

“Safer election laws” has always been code for making it harder for Black people to vote.

jh wants to both 1) distance himself from the Trump wing of the party and 2) lump all people to the left of him as a monolith from which he can cherry pick half-quotes to argue against an entire bloc of posters

barely anyone on here who identifies as a leftist also identifies as a Democrat, yet many jh posts include "your party"

Distances himself from Trump by voting straight ticket for Trump and Trumpublicans and will gladly do so again. Ain't nothing worse than a Democrat.

jhmd, do you think Biden truly won the election or do you agree with 70% of your party who thinks Trump truly won?

I'm old enough to remember four years of bellyaching about election interference. I guess that was all just sour grapes. What a relief.

Bill Barr said no big deal, nothing burger, along with Ted Cruz and the jericurl libertarian, and McConnell and the rest of the crumbsnatchers. So they were wrong huh? Fascinating.

Oh and remind us how fewer opportunities to vote by mail stops Russians and Ukrainians from hacking email and accepting bribes?

This is fun I’m glad you’re back, Holmes.

Interestingly, Republican actions regarding "election security" focus on disenfranchising (one might even say cancelling) certain groups of voters in their own country while ignoring foreign influence.

"A long time" = shortly after November of 2008. When a lot of people come out to vote for democrats, 'pubs become concerned about "election security."

This is where jhisBroke checks his hand and plays the:

"I care more about black and poor voters because I think more highly of their abilities to obtain the necessary (to me) documents to prove their identity (to me) than you libs who think they are dumb and lazy and can't handle it and choose to just trust them and the built in protections in the system (which have proven highly effective), therefore I am truly on their side unlike you!" card.

wait for it...

Also, willful ignorance, misinformation, disinformation, destructive obstructionism and fearmongering.

Thankfully.

Wake up, quit your degenerated Trumpublican Party.

Lulz - This is rich coming from a poster who supports a political party in which 77% still believe the Steele dossier was true and more than half believe Brett Kavanaugh is a gang rapist.

Of course it is opinion. Without evidence of any significant fraud, there is reason to opine that there might be other things republicans actually want to accomplish. If the measures they want to implement would have a greater impact on election results than fraud does, it makes much more sense that would be their real motivation.

Guys, be careful. We might run off another conservative "thinker."

Of course it is opinion. Without evidence of any significant fraud, there is reason to opine that there might be other things republicans actually want to accomplish. If the measures they want to implement would have a greater impact on election results than fraud does, it makes much more sense that would be their real motivation.

Not to mention that many Republicans have openly talked about their real motives.

Lulz - This is rich coming from a poster who supports a political party in which 77% still believe the Steele dossier was true and more than half believe Brett Kavanaugh is a gang rapist.

This one, OTOH, is clearly too far gone for there to be any hope.

Sorry about that, man.

He literally just posted that he was unaffiliated...22 posts ago

Back