Page 12 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 240 of 662

Thread: C9++ Mafia Thread - MAFIA WINS

  1. #221
    creamy 1 townie
    townie 1 gooner
    diggler 1 gouda
    cata 1 diggler

  2. #222
    ​diggler

  3. #223
    Dickie Hemric
    DaDeacs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Hudson River
    Posts
    19,312
    ***WFcatamount22***

  4. #224
    Quote Originally Posted by DeacdeTejas View Post
    Sure. Lol. Thats fair

    But I also dont generally feel like knight does anything super logical as mafia. He purposefully sometimes is illogical
    Sorry, I'm taking cheap shots at everyone today, just feels like we need more edge in the new mafia season.

    And also:



    I disagree with you on Knight. Knight is a loose cannon, has an inflated sense of ability, is borderline insane, and in general is a liability as a teammate no matter what your own alignment is. However, his mafia play is inherently logical even (paradoxically) when he's intentionally illogical. It's always a means to an end for him. Which is why I think here that it makes it less likely that Diggler would be his teammate because the order of posts and the tone in them suggests to me that Knight was deliberately casting some soft shade on Diggler, a new player, which could make Diggler go "oh shit, I have to go out of my way to prove my civness here". And then the post after Diggler pointed out that he realized that Da was also a candidate appears to me to be Knight going out of his way to assuage the fears (that he himself stoked) to possibly have Diggler as an ally down the road.

    That exchange doesn't make sense to me if they are teammates, there's no real reason to have that interaction unless Knight has already on D1 decided that he's going to bus everyone and try to solo win it by himself (not a Knight-type play).

  5. #225
    Well it looks like we're all in agreement.

  6. #226
    There's also the possibility that I'm giving Knight way too much credit and it's just some level 1 shit.

  7. #227
    Quote Originally Posted by Gooner View Post
    Sorry, I'm taking cheap shots at everyone today, just feels like we need more edge in the new mafia season.

    And also:



    I disagree with you on Knight. Knight is a loose cannon, has an inflated sense of ability, is borderline insane, and in general is a liability as a teammate no matter what your own alignment is. However, his mafia play is inherently logical even (paradoxically) when he's intentionally illogical. It's always a means to an end for him. Which is why I think here that it makes it less likely that Diggler would be his teammate because the order of posts and the tone in them suggests to me that Knight was deliberately casting some soft shade on Diggler, a new player, which could make Diggler go "oh shit, I have to go out of my way to prove my civness here". And then the post after Diggler pointed out that he realized that Da was also a candidate appears to me to be Knight going out of his way to assuage the fears (that he himself stoked) to possibly have Diggler as an ally down the road.

    That exchange doesn't make sense to me if they are teammates, there's no real reason to have that interaction unless Knight has already on D1 decided that he's going to bus everyone and try to solo win it by himself (not a Knight-type play).

    I actually dont disagree with anything said here. I just read it differently. But all good

  8. #228
    Quote Originally Posted by CreamyGoodness View Post
    I need to pick to work from home or office when mafia starts. Seems I'm always on the road and pulling over off random exits to play. But nah, I'm clear guys. I'd focus my attention on Townie by trying to distract is with his cool little kid, or ***Diggler*** for dropping all those confusing letters trying to pretend like he knows what's going on.
    p sure this vote hasn't been counted

  9. #229
    Dickie Hemric
    DaDeacs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Hudson River
    Posts
    19,312
    Quote Originally Posted by Gooner View Post
    Sorry, I'm taking cheap shots at everyone today, just feels like we need more edge in the new mafia season.

    And also:



    I disagree with you on Knight. Knight is a loose cannon, has an inflated sense of ability, is borderline insane, and in general is a liability as a teammate no matter what your own alignment is. However, his mafia play is inherently logical even (paradoxically) when he's intentionally illogical. It's always a means to an end for him. Which is why I think here that it makes it less likely that Diggler would be his teammate because the order of posts and the tone in them suggests to me that Knight was deliberately casting some soft shade on Diggler, a new player, which could make Diggler go "oh shit, I have to go out of my way to prove my civness here". And then the post after Diggler pointed out that he realized that Da was also a candidate appears to me to be Knight going out of his way to assuage the fears (that he himself stoked) to possibly have Diggler as an ally down the road.

    That exchange doesn't make sense to me if they are teammates, there's no real reason to have that interaction unless Knight has already on D1 decided that he's going to bus everyone and try to solo win it by himself (not a Knight-type play).
    You could have just said Knight is a really good mafia player. Hell, he just orchestrated a round to take out a really good civ.

  10. #230
    Quote Originally Posted by DeacdeTejas View Post
    Does sd3 have anything to add as a clear civ?
    tejas

  11. #231
    Quote Originally Posted by DaDeacs View Post
    You could have just said Knight is a really good mafia player. Hell, he just orchestrated a round to take out a really good civ.
    Now that would definitely be giving him too much credit

  12. #232
    Quote Originally Posted by Screamindemon3 View Post
    tejas
    Lol. Cool

  13. #233
    Guy I work with that is as right wing as it gets is going to escape our current socialist state by moving to the bastion of capitalism ITALY when he retires in a few months.

    What is your fantasy retirement situation?

    I think a bad ass catamaran would be pretty dope, but I think I'd get tired of it real quick.

  14. #234
    Quote Originally Posted by gouda View Post
    Guy I work with that is as right wing as it gets is going to escape our current socialist state by moving to the bastion of capitalism ITALY when he retires in a few months.

    What is your fantasy retirement situation?

    I think a bad ass catamaran would be pretty dope, but I think I'd get tired of it real quick.
    Alaska

  15. #235
    Quote Originally Posted by gouda View Post
    Guy I work with that is as right wing as it gets is going to escape our current socialist state by moving to the bastion of capitalism ITALY when he retires in a few months.

    What is your fantasy retirement situation?

    I think a bad ass catamaran would be pretty dope, but I think I'd get tired of it real quick.
    I love right wing conspiracy theorists

  16. #236
    diggler 3 gouda tejas creamy
    cata 2 diggler da
    creamy 1 townie
    townie 1 gooner
    tejas 1 SD3

  17. #237
    I legit know a guy who literally thinks lizard people are running the country.

  18. #238
    Dickie Hemric
    DaDeacs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Hudson River
    Posts
    19,312
    Quote Originally Posted by gouda View Post
    Guy I work with that is as right wing as it gets is going to escape our current socialist state by moving to the bastion of capitalism ITALY when he retires in a few months.

    What is your fantasy retirement situation?

    I think a bad ass catamaran would be pretty dope, but I think I'd get tired of it real quick.
    Defs Italy too - its not easy, though. I already looked into it - it takes 5 years to apply for permanent residence, and not being a permanent resident limits you to what you can buy and how you can live. But, still, Italy - either the chianti region or like down on the amalfi coast.

  19. #239
    Dickie Hemric
    DaDeacs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Hudson River
    Posts
    19,312
    Quote Originally Posted by Gooner View Post
    Alaska
    Can you really do the 20+ hour days of darkness? Winter seems... rough.

  20. #240
    Quote Originally Posted by DaDeacs View Post
    Can you really do the 20+ hour days of darkness? Winter seems... rough.
    Winter would be very rough. Also first snow in like September and ends in like May

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •