• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Gas Crisis

A friendly reminder:

Saw a couple stations with gas driving kids in this AM (Raleigh). Short lines - just a couple cars. Maybe we’re over the hump.

Saw a couple stations with gas driving kids in this AM (Raleigh). Short lines - just a couple cars. Maybe we’re over the hump.

Sec. Granholm said major population centers should be back to normal today or tomorrow. Everywhere else by the end of the weekend.

Americans have a pretty insane fear of anarchy or perceived anarchy, yet their panic as a result of that fear creates a level of anarchy. There's gotta be some pretty interesting psych research on this.

Americans have a pretty insane fear of anarchy or perceived anarchy, yet their panic as a result of that fear creates a level of anarchy. There's gotta be some pretty interesting psych research on this.

Yeah. That's a good observation. You could say the same about fear of centralized power or love of freedom as well.

A Hummer burst into flames yesterday right after firefighters say the driver filled up four 5-gallon containers of gasoline in Citrus County. bit.ly/3eJKoyo

In Florida. Where the gas comes in from the ports and there was no supply shortage, but Gov DeSantis still declared a state of emergency.

186415730_10165978482165500_4357728842318817959_n.jpg

186223070_10165978482335500_3983337854776230448_n.jpg

These are absolutely the same people who buy 3 weeks of food at the grocery store when we get a forecast for 2-3” of snow that will melt within 24 hours.

Not a single station in the Winston/Stanleyville/Walkertown/K-Vegas area that I passed today was out of gas. I guess being so close to Colonial, the refresh came as fast as the panic-buying.

People freak out too much about gas in general. There’s no other commodity people freak out about so much. Part of that is because our society loves cars so much. But mostly it’s because we see gas prices everywhere. I’ve seen gas prices go up and down but it rarely gets cost prohibitive except when people irrationally freak out.

This country - or at least this part of the country - has so many dumb and selfish people. What can you even do with a storage container of gas? Maybe I'm the dumb one, because I have no idea how you get gas from a flat, open container into your car. Or wherever you intend it to go.

Well you at least have to talk with a Southern accent.

Wildcard, bitches!

Not a single station in the Winston/Stanleyville/Walkertown/K-Vegas area that I passed today was out of gas. I guess being so close to Colonial, the refresh came as fast as the panic-buying.

About half to 3/4 of the stations I passed in WS and Lewisville were out. I did see one Shell station that had the tanker truck there.

This country - or at least this part of the country - has so many dumb and selfish people. What can you even do with a storage container of gas? Maybe I'm the dumb one, because I have no idea how you get gas from a flat, open container into your car. Or wherever you intend it to go.

What? Is this serious? This may be the most Wake Forest post in the history of this board.

Seriously. How can I get this liqud out of an rectangular container sitting on the ground through a one inch wide round receptacle 3.5 feet above the ground, and into my gas tank ?

Call PackPride ! We need HELP !!!

I saw a gas station with gas this morning a mile from my house. They also had the requisite news crew.

Seriously. How can I get this liqud out of an rectangular container sitting on the ground through a one inch wide round receptacle 3.5 feet above the ground, and into my gas tank ?

Call PackPride ! We need HELP !!!

It’s gotta be tough for Diet 2&2 here when the real 2&2 shows up and does his schtick so much better. So much sweatier and more try hard when the real deal is around.

Neither 2&2 nor BiffTannen take a backseat to any poster.

Back