• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Will Craig

ChrisL68

Riley Skinner
Reaction score
Saw on Twitter where he's apparently starting tonight at 1st base for the Pirates after getting called up.

gonna be at the game with RSF on Sunday -- odds we see him?

Will Craig just made one of the worst defensive plays ever.

worse than little league

that goes in the books as a fielder's choice, error on the catcher

Craig got his official error a few plays later

There were 2 outs! Just step on first. Or stand there and wait for him to run at you.

Yikes. That is the kind of play that you would see in low level little league, and then, as a coach, make your very best effort to not lose it by screaming at the 8 year-old first baseman that lost his mind. BTW, Craig's decision-making was comically horrible, but where the F was the 2nd baseman once Craig tried to lob the ball to the catcher? I realize that, initially, you would never think that the Baez would get by Craig and try to get to first, but no one should just be standing around on a play like that. Once a base is abandoned, someone else on the defense has to hustle over to cover when he sees hell breaking loose.

Oh boy... going to be hard to live that one down. I coach an 11 year old team and I would be screaming at the first baseman to just step on the bag .

Yikes. That is the kind of play that you would see in low level little league, and then, as a coach, make your very best effort to not lose it by screaming at the 8 year-old first baseman that lost his mind. BTW, Craig's decision-making was comically horrible, but where the F was the 2nd baseman once Craig tried to lob the ball to the catcher? I realize that, initially, you would never think that the Baez would get by Craig and try to get to first, but no one should just be standing around on a play like that. Once a base is abandoned, someone else on the defense has to hustle over to cover when he sees hell breaking loose.

Agree. That was 8 year old stuff too - 2nd baseman not sliding to cover 1st base. The Pirates have lost 8 0f 9 I think and will almost surely lose 100 games.

3 stooges play infield. When I was coaching LL this would have been one of those situations where I would have yelled "hold the ball, just hold the ball."

A true classic. Plays that bad usually result in a trip to the minors that evening. Craig had his share of accomplices so he might stick.

And of course that play led to two Cubs runs that they should not have scored, and the final score was a Cubs win by the margin of.... TWO (5-3). Ouch.

Back