• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bob Horner

Always been more of a Pete Incaviglia guy myself

421-140Fr.jpg

Horner in cast with broken hand makes an appearance during this epic brawl. He had the best perm in baseball.

He also skipped the minors & made the jump straight from college. He hit HR in 1st MLB AB

Man, this scared me for a sec. I was at a game where Murphy, Horner, and Chambliss went back-to-back-to-back. Lots of great memories from the old concrete donut stadium.

Those were the days. I moved to Atlanta during the season they turned it around after so many years and win the division. I guess that was 1991. It was fun. My boss told everyone they could be late to work if they had gone to a Braves game the night before.

It was a big deal when he hit those 4 HRs in a game. He was the first guy in a decade to do it. And of course the Braves lost the game as I recall.

Yeah thanks a lot Zane Smith. I think that was the game he called himself a loser in the post-game interview. Weird dude.

I was at the Braves game the day b4 Horner hit the 4 home runs. I think I went to at 20 games at Fulton Cty stadium b4 I saw the braves win

When I was a kid, I lived in NW Georgia, and my across the street neighbor/best friend was Rick Camp's nephew. I learned to shoot a .22 rifle, chew Red Man, and sneak cigarettes with him. Literally the two famous people from that town were "Uncle Rick" and Stacy Searles, who was the son of my Dad's boss, and was an AA OL at Auburn, as well as OL coach at several DI schools. Unfortunately, now he's in Chapel Hell.

I think that was more of a short joke by shorty...

the mad hungarian. i had no idea that he now does color on cards games.

hrabosky_mustache_thumb_180x250.jpg

Let's remember some guys.

Rick Sutcliffe
Terry Pendleton
Otis Nixon
Rick Camp
Gene Garber
Craig McMurtry
Brook Jacoby (acquired in the ill fated trade for....)
Len Barker

I don't remember Rick Sutcliffe as a Brave. Rick Mahler, Rick Camp, even Rick Matula, but not Rick Sutcliffe.

I don't remember Rick Sutcliffe as a Brave. Rick Mahler, Rick Camp, even Rick Matula, but not Rick Sutcliffe.

Undefeated as a Brave.

Must have been thinking of Bruce Sutter.

i never said they were all braves!

(yes i think i was thinking of sutter)

Back