• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Israel's state-sponsored terrorism and ethnic cleansing

From the Times today:

Israel "has damaged 17 hospitals and clinics in Gaza, wrecked its only coronavirus test laboratory, sent fetid wastewater into its streets and broke water pipes serving at least 800,000 people."

You may narrow your own definitions of terrorism or genocide if it makes you feel better about the US's alignment, but whatever this is, it's an atrocity.

More than 170 Palestinians have been killed by air strikes this week, at least 50 of them have been children, behind fences in refugee camps that were politically effected by the Israeli government.

Yeah and a bunch of hospitals and their only COVID testing lab

the argument against Israel as genocidal state seems to rest on Hamas being the instigator in the violence, to which I have yet to see a response to the idea that Israel began its occupation of Palestinian land before Hamas ever existed (thus Hamas is the reaction, not the instigator) and has continued to expand its occupation project steadily since it became a UN-recognized state

to further the case against Israel as, at minimum, an apartheid state, look at their vaccine distribution to those who are under their purview and compare Palestinian access to Israeli access

Vaccine access is only the latest in a long line of two-tiered citizenship that absolutely supports an apartheid classification. The two tiers treat Palestinians differently with regards to criminal justice, military, housing, education, transportation, and basic human rights.

How little do you have to understand about US Imperialism to just like...trust the state department?

Nobody should blindly trust anything man made. Especially a government department/agency.

However, a friend I grew up with has spent his entire career inside the state department and is the straightest of straight arrows with an extremely high level of integrity.

So under the assumption that he's not an outlier, I will gladly take the expertise of the state dept over the ogboards.com keyboard jockeys any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Nobody should blindly trust anything man made. Especially a government department/agency.

However, a friend I grew up with has spent his entire career inside the state department and is the straightest of straight arrows with an extremely high level of integrity.

So under the assumption that he's not an outlier, I will gladly take the expertise of the state dept over the ogboards.com keyboard jockeys any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

cool. you don't trust government departments/agencies but since you know someone in the state department you do trust that one. very cool.

the argument against Israel as genocidal state seems to rest on Hamas being the instigator in the violence, to which I have yet to see a response to the idea that Israel began its occupation of Palestinian land before Hamas ever existed (thus Hamas is the reaction, not the instigator) and has continued to expand its occupation project steadily since it became a UN-recognized state

to further the case against Israel as, at minimum, an apartheid state, look at their vaccine distribution to those who are under their purview and compare Palestinian access to Israeli access

Israel:. Let's kick some Palestininans out of their homes to make way for some Jewish homes. Also, let's disrupt their religious celebration.

Hamas:. This is not right. We're going to fire rockets.

Israel: How dare you! Air strikes! We wouldn't have to kill children and bomb apartments if the rockets were not coming from there!

this right here

cool. you don't trust government departments/agencies but since you know someone in the state department you do trust that one. very cool.

Blindly trust the state dept? Hell no

Trust the opinion of the state department over the average leftist poster on the Tunnels? Absolutely

This shouldn't be a difficult concept to grasp for someone with such a high intellect and successful track record as milhouse. Makes you wonder.

feels like the manifestation of the sweaty button choice meme where you have brad's friend and a hillary clinton-run operation to consider

Back in the day should have given them like 10 years to figure it out and if they couldn't then make it so nobody can live there. The conflict will never end and never be resolved because you are dealing with both a national conflict as well as a religious conflict, good luck finding rational actors.

This sounds about one or two steps from my father's solution when I was growing up in the 80s. "Nuke them all and make it a parking lot." Not saying you are super racist like my dad, but it did sound familiar.

Probably not a good idea to "blindly" trust anything or anyone. If you can "see".

I tend to see Israel's treatment of Palestinians as more an abhorrent Apartheid-type situation than an attempted genocide.

Ultimately, there has to be a political solution...either two-states (seems preferable?) or one state that's not remotely democratic.

Yes?

Probably not a good idea to "blindly" trust anything or anyone. If you can "see".

I tend to see Israel's treatment of Palestinians as more an abhorrent Apartheid-type situation than an attempted genocide.

Ultimately, there has to be a political solution...either two-states (seems preferable?) or one state that's not remotely democratic.

Yes?

I don't remember Afrikaners conducting air strikes on Black South Africans. I was a kid back then so I may have missed some news stories.

This seems more like modern version of European takeover of Native American lands than Apartheid.

All of it is wrong though.

Never would have guessed the Tunnels was such a hotspot of Hamas apologists.

Saw this cartoon today and thought of Brad

E11Jw7BWQAMS4JB

Don't give Republicans any ideas. They'll start looking for Antifa offices at the Washington Post.

Reports of a ceasefire over the last 30 minutes or so. We'll see what happens.

Back