• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Israel's state-sponsored terrorism and ethnic cleansing

Saw this cartoon today and thought of Brad

E11Jw7BWQAMS4JB

before the inevitable "this is anti-semitic" concern trolling - matt lubchansky is jewish! also trans! sorry, brad.

The illustrator went out of their way to make a nose that doesn’t fit into a stereotype.

The illustrator went out of their way to make a nose that doesn’t fit into a stereotype.

Pretty off-topic, but this was a really cool panel with Lubchansky, Valley, and a few other anti-Zionist Jews talking about Judaism in their work and in comics historically:

Really on topic - Jewish Currents is publishing some really incredible journalism and criticism about Israel/Palestine from a leftist-Jewish perspective. It's really nice to have an outlet after a few decades of dormant Jewish leftist culture

Why is this a thing? I mean, it’s a “cartoon,” but it doesn’t even seem like it’s trying to be funny.

A comic is a medium that could communicate any message. It doesn’t have to be funny. Just like a person standing talking in a microphone doesn’t have to be funny. Or a 30 minute TV show doesn’t have to be funny.

yeah, and while the lubes are at it, they can use mendacious lubery to hunt down Jews and that won't be Antisemitic at all in their lubish fantasy alternative "reality"

yeah, and while the lubes are at it, they can use mendacious lubery to hunt down Jews and that won't be Antisemitic at all in their lubish fantasy alternative "reality"

Why is this a thing

So criticizing Israeli government policy towards Palestinians means that all liberals really just want to hunt down Jews and kill them? That's quite the leap.

As usual, you have it backwards. People are hunting down Jews and justifying it as criticism of Israeli policy. Therefore, the lubes claim it's not Antisemitic. Of course, you can oppose Israeli government policy without being Antisemitic but you can't go around hunting down Jews without being Antisemetic.

As usual, you have it backwards. People are hunting down Jews and justifying it as criticism of Israeli policy. Therefore, the lubes claim it's not Antisemitic. Of course, you can oppose Israeli government policy without being Antisemitic but you can't go around hunting down Jews without being Antisemetic.

This is just pristine jibberish. My thoughts and prayers are with your family.

Sorry, who is hunting Jews? I feel like we missed something.

Sorry, who is hunting Jews? I feel like we missed something.

I'm pretty sure -we- aren't the ones missing something. Its the decrepit old man in an assisted-living facility outside of Veszprem. He's lost complete touch with reality but believes the opposite. Sort of a "if everyone around you is an asshole..." situation.

Nobody should blindly trust anything man made. Especially a government department/agency.

However, a friend I grew up with has spent his entire career inside the state department and is the straightest of straight arrows with an extremely high level of integrity.

So under the assumption that he's not an outlier, I will gladly take the expertise of the state dept over the ogboards.com keyboard jockeys any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

So dumb. Don't trust anything "man made." You can add organized religion as a "man made" construct that is not to be trusted.

Maybe. Just maybe your friend is not an outlier and most people in the "deep state" are really trying to do their best to help people and this country. Vilifying them and the entire government is just a bs republican talking point to install selfish antiquated policies keeping... <cough> certain people <cough> in power and wealth.

does anyone (ever) know what sort of bullshit that sailor is vomiting? he thinks he is being clever but comes off just like the 'shaman capitol insurrection' lawyer called the insurrectionists..."fucking short-bus people" and "These are people with brain damage."

reading above is good evidence that he is correct.

Back