• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Dino Gaudio charged with extortion

This provides a lot more context. Gaudio is not fighting the charges and takes responsibility for what he said.

Gaudio was told by Mack that he was being fired and was angry because they had a long friend and professional relationship. (Gaudio literally recruited Mack to Xavier.) In response, he lost his temper and said things he regrets. The conversation was recorded. Mack's a dick, I've said it before. Gaudio wasn't hungry enough to be a coach oustide of certain circumstances. Gaudio probably did see things and UofL is trying to jump ahead of it now by bringing the extortion charges.

Last edited:
E1sm9q9XEAEr6Sa

Mack looking pretty shitty in all of this too. And interesting the conversation was taped. Mack recruited really well really early to UL, better than one might expect despite doing a good job at Xavier. Not a shocker if rules were broken.

Last edited:
Yeah Mack seems like a huge tool. I wish nothing but the worst for Louisville no matter what the circumstances.

Not sure of the viability of the "I was mad, but didn't really mean what I said" defense.

Publicly Dino always took the high road when it came to Wake. At least from my recollection he always said great things about Wake as an institution. From that perspective I liked him. I do not think he was an ACC caliber head coach, but he obtained that position under odd (and tragic) circumstances.

Who among us hasn’t in the heat of anger demanded 17 months pay in exchange for keeping quiet

This provides a lot more context. Gaudio is not fighting the charges and takes responsibility for what he said.

Gaudio was told by Mack that he was being fired and was angry because they had a long friend and professional relationship. (Gaudio literally recruited Mack to Xavier.) In response, he lost his temper and said things he regrets. The conversation was recorded. Mack's a dick, I've said it before. Gaudio wasn't hungry enough to be a coach oustide of certain circumstances. Gaudio probably did see things and UofL is trying to jump ahead of it now by bringing the extortion charges.

40 years of good?!?!? I read (in this thread) that he was (probably) extorting and the like while at Wake Forest 11 years ago?

Not sure of the viability of the "I was mad, but didn't really mean what I said" defense.

Well, he isn't using it as a defense apparently.

I'll admit to being someone that thought that Dino should have gotten one more year to prove himself. Seemed like a good enough guy, but never knew him personally. Kind of took Prosser's word for it. And what is happening now does not have any bearing on what Dino did at Wake. This is its own situation, and there is no reason to rehash what happened here over a decade ago.

What else is he going to do? It's on tape. This is a plead guilty to a lesser charge move or an angle to try and cooperate with a related investigation against UofL in return for a lesser sentence or something.

Publicly Dino always took the high road when it came to Wake. At least from my recollection he always said great things about Wake as an institution. From that perspective I liked him. I do not think he was an ACC caliber head coach, but he obtained that position under odd (and tragic) circumstances.

Well, looking like Wellman acceded to Dino's extortion demands. Lacking the sharp tactics employed by Mack, Wellman had turned off his secret taping device when he terminated Dino.

should I just throw away the Dino suit at this point?

was going to have it put in WFU hall of fame

We have to be getting close to the 10 year anniversary of the epic dv7 protest at the Joel.

It's truly the most impressive achievement of ogboards.com.

Last edited:
Back