• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Dino Gaudio charged with extortion

I lost interest in most of this around 2012. Carry on. Hoping that Forbes can revive my interest.

LOL what an idiot

Yes. We knew that, though.
Anyone walking out of Reynolds Gym after a pick-up game, next to the big University cahuna, and asking who f'd up on defense on a particular play, whereupon the president of the University walking next to him said that it was him the Prez, yeah, that dude is seriously dumb.

What is the deal with so many of the people associated with our basketball program

So looking back, Wellman hired Gaudio, Bz, and Manning back to back to back. I'm not sure any athletic director has ever swung and missed that big before.

Aside from his off the court issues, Gaudio somehow managed to go 0-2 in the post-season (and get dominated in both games) with arguably the most talented team in college basketball that season.

Aside from his off the court issues, Gaudio somehow managed to go 0-2 in the post-season (and get dominated in both games) with arguably the most talented team in college basketball that season.

Here is what I know. As fact. The mismatches on defense in the Cleveland State game were beyond mind-boggling.

Lol, usually the Michael Bennett is on the other side of a wake athletics scandal

I never really forgave Wellman for firing Dino. I was completely wrong. At least for the Gaudio firing I was totally wrong and Wellman was totally right.

The Heels roster that won it all looks pretty good in retrospect....Danny Green, Ed Davis, Ty Lawson, Wayne Ellington and Tyler Zeller all as support to a Senior Tyler Hansbrough

The Heels roster that won it all looks pretty good in retrospect....Danny Green, Ed Davis, Ty Lawson, Wayne Ellington and Tyler Zeller all as support to a Senior Tyler Hansbrough

We had a weak link in our starting 5 and thus not as talented as this UNC bunch.

Yes. We knew that, though.
Anyone walking out of Reynolds Gym after a pick-up game, next to the big University cahuna, and asking who f'd up on defense on a particular play, whereupon the president of the University walking next to him said that it was him the Prez, yeah, that dude is seriously dumb.

What?

Like clockwork, every year since 2010 there have been multiple posts claiming that the decision to terminate Dino was unjust and unwarranted. [name redacted] was the worst possible hire, and he drove the WF program even deeper into the abyss, but Dino laid the groundwork by squandering the ridiculous NBA talent Skip had left behind, a complete lack of foresight in recruiting decisions when WF was a hot program and coaching the team into total collapses at the end of each of his three seasons.

Never kept track of who were the persistent Dino defenders (maybe it was the same 3 guys every year), but it always so baseless. Dino always was a clown.

BTW, unaware of anyone offering any support for Wellman or the athletic department for the Buzz hire. He was obviously socially inept and building relationships is the primary job of a college head coach. Look at how Forbes builds relationships and publicly interacts and compare that to Buzz. Unreal that any rationale human being could think that Buzz was the best candidate to lead WF basketball. That is a completely separate issue from Dino's own inability to run a basketball program.

Really? People were fine with Dino getting let go, it was the hire. In retrospect, if our options were [Redacted] or Dino, firing Dino was so dumb.

one data point: JT, JJ, AFA, Ish have combined to earn $274 million from NBA contracts through 2021

Green, Davis, Lawson, Ellington, Zeller, Drew, Hansbrough: $252 million

So looking back, Wellman hired Gaudio, Bz, and Manning back to back to back. I'm not sure any athletic director has ever swung and missed that big before.

Boston College may be closing in albeit under multiple ADs. They fired Al Skinner (most wins in program history & an alum) in 2010 & have not been back to the NCAA tourney since. In 5 of those 11 seasons, their teams have won less than 10 games. That would be the equivalent of going straight from Odom to Bz/Manning

Giving Dino a one year contract as interim head coach after Skip passed was the right move.

Hiring Dino full time as a head coach after that was the wrong move.

Hiring Bzz was just the shit icing on the turd sandwich

Lol, Dino. Trying to extort a school, that buys hookers for recruits, with impermissible recruiting videos?!? You really got ‘em Dino.

This was exactly my thought when I heard the news. Yeah it is stupid he tried to extort a program but it is beyond imagination that he tried to extort Louisville. I mean at this point if it didn't involve pedophelia or farm animals then you might as well take a walk.

5a56i2.jpg

Back