• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Dino Gaudio charged with extortion

I think the idea is that Battle would have made a better interim coach than Dino, especially if he had no desire to take over the head coaching job permanently.

Sure. But that was 9 years ago. The only career move he made was another assistant position.

Right, but that’s not indicative of his coaching abilities. It could very well be that JB is content with being an assistant and isn’t looking for an HC position. Or he may realize he still has the stench of Bz on him and better opportunities aren’t available to him.

Whatever the case may be, saying JB can’t get a HC job because he isn’t a good coach isn’t accurate or fair.

someone says their alternative fantasy is that if Battle had taken the job, WF would have been better, and it launches a 3-page argument on how old his kid really is

And disputing a person in the know's account of Battle's privately-provided reason of wanting to focus on family during a critical time (which itself was pretty well circulated at the time). Man, wild.

And disputing a person in the know's account of Battle's privately-provided reason of wanting to focus on family during a critical time (which itself was pretty well circulated at the time). Man, wild.

That would be wild if anybody had done that.

I think the idea is that Battle would have made a better interim coach than Dino, especially if he had no desire to take over the head coaching job permanently.

Either or neither as an interim coach would have been better than signing either to a contract.

Except it's already been well-established that he wasn't interested.

Dino did attempt to strong arm me (directly on the phone), and the boards in general, over getting posts taken down that directly said he had an extramarital affair. He said he would get his lawyer involved if necessary. He said he needed those removed as they popped up on a search for his name and he didn't want lies like that out there as he was looking for a new coaching position. The mods did edit those comments out figuring a charge of slander wasn't worth it since we couldn't prove anything like that to be true.

No physical violence or anything like that was ever communicated towards me in our three phone conversations. So I had that going for me, which was nice.

:rofl:

Dino going public with his accusations of cheating at Louisville.

https://www.si.com/college/louisville/basketball/gaudio-mack-summer-2020

That was written by a Louisville guy. Here's a take in it from a UK guy:

https://www.aseaofblue.com/2021/8/1...nals-uofl-basketball-dino-gaudio-lawsuit-ncaa

"Dino Gaudio claimed head coach Chris Mack threatened to pull players’ scholarships after the team failed to make the NCAA Tournament. The report comes from released court documents regarding Gaudio’s extortion case.

“On March 14, coaches and players gathered to watch the NCAA Tournament Selection Show,” the court documents said. “As the evening wore on, it became increasingly clear that Louisville was going to fall just short of being selected to compete in the NCAA Tournament. The mood soured and Mack called a coaches meeting following the disappointing Selection Show. Mack immediately began criticizing the players.”

The WDRB report states Gaudio fought back by telling Mack the school needed to “honor their commitments to the young men they recruited.”

Ronnie's decision to part ways with this clown is starting to look better with age. He still picked a tool to replace him but I would distance myself from Dino too.

Ronnie's decision to part ways with this clown is starting to look better with age. He still picked a tool to replace him but I would distance myself from Dino too.

Good fire, bad hire.

Back