• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Future OOC Football Schedules (Updated with ACC games through 2026)

Tennessee agreed to play a home and home with Pitt (they play at Pitt on September 10th). Pitt rarely draws over 40K for a home football game.

This is a good series for TN. They don't have any aspirations to make the CF playoffs, so no harm if they go to Pitt and lose. But what they get is an away game within driving distance of Knoxville in an NFL stadium, and they can easily draw 25K of their fans to Heinz.

We can do a home and home in Charlotte and Nashville then if we must. It would be better than playing at Vandy.

We can do a home and home in Charlotte and Nashville then if we must. It would be better than playing at Vandy.

Definitely. Do a kickoff classic thing in Charlotte. Do a game in Nashville the next season. Split the gate 50-50.

This is a good series for TN. They don't have any aspirations to make the CF playoffs, so no harm if they go to Pitt and lose. But what they get is an away game within driving distance of Knoxville in an NFL stadium, and they can easily draw 25K of their fans to Heinz.

Barely driving distance. Its almost an 8 hour drive

Looks like App may be back on the schedule at some point.

That '18 game in Boone was the worst away game experience of my life. Why would we go back?

Because apparently it costs $1.5M not to play App in their place.

That '18 game in Boone was the worst away game experience of my life. Why would we go back?
Just curious as to why you had a bad experience. I was there, we won in front of a sellout crowd, and other than being hot as hell we had a good time including King Street after the game.
(i will throw in that we were hosted for parking and tailgating by some APP connections; could see why showing up w/o a plan and having to park in the hinterlands would have sucked).

Playing App is much better than playing ODU, Temple, Utah State, Liberty, or any military academy.

Playing App is much better than playing ODU, Temple, Utah State, Liberty, or any military academy.

I don't really like playing App, but I agree with that. The big problem is when we play App, ODU, Army, and some other crap school like Vandy in the same season.

I don't really like playing App, but I agree with that. The big problem is when we play App, ODU, Army, and some other crap school like Vandy in the same season.
Agreed. And I also don’t really like playing App. I just think about the changing landscape of college football and much prefer to play an in-state opponent in a game with meaning than some opponent none of us have any connection to from across the country. Of course I also tend to lean towards the “play 4 OOC” games that you are going to win because I’m still a WF fan that just wants to make 6 wins. Hard to get out of that mindset after years.

I’d prefer not to stick with the FCS, G5, G5, P5 model but it is what it is for now.

Sure this has been mentioned, but I’d love for us to get a series going with Stanford.

Back