• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Future OOC Football Schedules (Updated with ACC games through 2026)

We're the only P5 on Army's home schedule, and with the others being UCONN, UMASS, MIA(OH), Bucknell and UMASS, that should be a pretty attractive and important game for them.
I've never been to an Army game at West Point, so curious if the fan base is really in to the football itself, or is it more about the "experience".

We're the only P5 on Army's home schedule, and with the others being UCONN, UMASS, MIA(OH), Bucknell and UMASS, that should be a pretty attractive and important game for them.
I've never been to an Army game at West Point, so curious if the fan base is really in to the football itself, or is it more about the "experience".

You’re in for a treat...

West Point is on a gorgeous bluff overlooking the Hudson River....obviously, it is dripping in history. Parking is plentiful but after several visits, I’ve found the large lot just inside the main gate and across from the Thayer Hotel to be best for logistics and tailgating. For first timers, it’s a must to watch dress parade about 90 minutes before kick-off. While you can walk around the parade grounds, WP has an excellent shuttle bus system to/from all over the campus.

Michie Stadium while historic is showing it’s age. Capacity is about 39,000 with good sight lines for fans.

Enjoy🇺🇸

You’re in for a treat...

West Point is on a gorgeous bluff overlooking the Hudson River....obviously, it is dripping in history. Parking is plentiful but after several visits, I’ve found the large lot just inside the main gate and across from the Thayer Hotel to be best for logistics and tailgating. For first timers, it’s a must to watch dress parade about 90 minutes before kick-off. While you can walk around the parade grounds, WP has an excellent shuttle bus system to/from all over the campus.

Michie Stadium while historic is showing it’s age. Capacity is about 39,000 with good sight lines for fans.

Enjoy🇺🇸

Good info; thanks!

Do enough alumni attend road games to really make it worth scheduling them? At most of the road games I've attended, there have only been very small numbers of Wake fans.

Atlanta has 7,970 “Alumni, parents, and friends” according to the WFU website. You might have heard of a few of them like Mit Shah, John Collins, and Ovie Mughelli.

Yet we're just now getting Georgia State on the schedule for 2030 after scheduling games at Army in 2013, 2015, 2021, 2024, and 2026. We've only played Tech three times since the ACC Championship, twice in Atlanta (2009, 2017).

Atlanta has 7,970 “Alumni, parents, and friends” according to the WFU website. You might have heard of a few of them like Mit Shah, John Collins, and Ovie Mughelli.

I think his question was how many local actually attend road games. But good info.

Bama and BC just scheduled a H&H for those that don’t think those kind of schools would schedule us. Not that I have any desire to play Bama.

Kent said it well. Either those schools won’t schedule us, or we won’t schedule them

Kent said it well. Either those schools won’t schedule us, or we won’t schedule them

I’m sure it’s us. Most P5 schools looking for P5 out of conference games would view us as a favorable opponent, along with others like Duke, BC, Rutgers, Maryland, Purdue, Vanderbilt, Kansas, Etc, and other traditionally bottom tier P5 football schools. If your’re an AD whose conference has a P5 OOC mandate or you’re looking for a non- marquee P5 game, I’d have to think we’d be one of your first
calls.

I asked this in the other thread, any chance Currie has been blacklisted by the bigger SEC schools thanks to some lobbying from Knoxville?

I’m sure it’s us. Most P5 schools looking for P5 out of conference games would view us as a favorable opponent, along with others like Duke, BC, Rutgers, Maryland, Purdue, Vanderbilt, Kansas, Etc, and other traditionally bottom tier P5 football schools. If your’re an AD whose conference has a P5 OOC mandate or you’re looking for a non- marquee P5 game, I’d have to think we’d be one of your first
calls.

I wonder how much geographic location plays a part. Charlotte and the Triangle have a lot more high school talent, right? So if a big school wants to do a home and home to be near recruits, Winston-Salem probably isn’t a big priority.

So W-S, G-boro, High Pt. are not in the same ballpark high school talent wise as the other two? A bit surprised.

Is there any evidence of a connection between road games and recruiting? I don't think I've ever seen it mentioned beyond these boards, but it's been a meme here for 20 years.

calls.

Bullshit - Wake would be an unfavorable OOC opponent for precisely the opposite reason because the program is currently playing well above its "historic tradition".

It's a lose-lose proposition for any top tier program to play us OOC. The same reasoning applies for us continuing to play App St as Wake has everything to lose and nothing to gain.

Is there any evidence of a connection between road games and recruiting? I don't think I've ever seen it mentioned beyond these boards, but it's been a meme here for 20 years.

It's definitely discussed among other fanbases. Whether it's actually a major factor in how schools schedule opponents, I don't know.

So W-S, G-boro, High Pt. are not in the same ballpark high school talent wise as the other two? A bit surprised.

It‘s not even close. Especially when you throw in York County SC.

Bama and BC just scheduled a H&H for those that don’t think those kind of schools would schedule us. Not that I have any desire to play Bama.

The Bama series will be played 2031 & 2035. This decade BC has confirmed H&H's with Ohio State, Michigan State, Notre Dame, Stanford, Rutgers, Missouri and Cincinnati. Wake has Ole Miss, Vandy, Notre Dame, Purdue and ECU.

I’m sure Bama is giddy about BC game attendance by New Hampshire’s and Rhode Island’s top talent (who are currently toddlers)

It's definitely discussed among other fanbases. Whether it's actually a major factor in how schools schedule opponents, I don't know.

So it's at least fan lore. I'm curious if there's a direct connection. If a team schedules a home and home at Miami or FIU do they start getting more Miami area recruits? If so, does the impact last beyond the length of the contract? Do ACC Coastal teams recruit Miami better than ACC Atlantic teams because they play in Miami every other year? Same question for CUSA East teams vs. CUSA West teams.

Bullshit - Wake would be an unfavorable OOC opponent for precisely the opposite reason because the program is currently playing well above its "historic tradition".

It's a lose-lose proposition for any top tier program to play us OOC. The same reasoning applies for us continuing to play App St as Wake has everything to lose and nothing to gain.

This game will be a sellout in W-S, so other than possibly losing some 3-star from North Wilksboro who was torn between Wake and APP, don't see how our guaranteed biggest home crowd of the year is not a gain.

Back