• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

chat thread 2022: Happy Pride, Biff!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We went to Atlantic City for a weekend about 8 years back and stayed in whichever hotel has the House of Blues. I looked at the schedule and saw Gin Blossoms were playing that night but tix were like $45. But I guess no one wanted to pay those prices so they made it a free show on a stage next to the blackjack tables. So we sat and played while listening.

Eh, I would say it is what you were listening to late in HS and in college. That is when you had the free time to listen and focus on music, the autonomy to listen to what you wanted to and, typically, not a lot else to spend any disposable money on other than music. It is also when you are most likely to attend concerts - that and maybe the first few years out of college.

I got Lithium on all the time at home and in the car. But I guess the tail end of what they play is me at 14.

I saw Eve 6 open for Matchbox 20 in like 98. How’s that for a 90s show?

The first concert I ever went to was smash mouth opening for third eye blind.

the weekend of my wedding we were in bucks county, PA at a random mexican restaurant on the river, and we saw a flyer on the wall saying that howie day was performing that night at the same restaurant

just a magic coincidence that led to a lovely slow dance to Collide

not with my bride, with deacfan2009, but magic nonetheless

my first album purchase was Blackstreet

R-3052103-1501217138-9779.jpeg.jpg

the weekend of my wedding we were in bucks county, PA at a random mexican restaurant on the river, and we saw a flyer on the wall saying that howie day was performing that night at the same restaurant

just a magic coincidence that led to a lovely slow dance to Collide

not with my bride, with deacfan2009, but magic nonetheless
CUBAN bro, don't forget our collective run-ins with the venmo police

townie at first i was mad you were posting here and not doing sheep stuff, because for some reason i thought the deadline for that was 11 am

A couple of months ago I posted to slack my threatening email from venmo banning me from their services for funding communism in Cuba

Man speaking of shows had my first stressful ticket buying experience in years going for Widespread Panic in Asheville tix. But I got my 3-day passes after much trying and getting shut out.

I think I read this article that Spotify ran some data and people’s favorite music to listen to was whatever was popular when they were 14.

Holds true for me.

That seems reasonable. I was 14 in 1997. I haven't intentionally listened to Hanson, Chumbawamba, Sean Combs, or the Backstreet Boys since.

I need to improve the way I listen to music. I go through phases (below) that usually last about a week. Sometimes I'll go back to the 14 year old stuff (R. Kelly, Blur, Elton John, Aqua, Savage Garden), but that's rarer now.

(1) Pop punk: Fall Out Boy, Panic!, My Chemical Romance, Paramor, and every minor band that fills the cracks between those.

(2) K/J/City-pop: Utada Hikaru, Twice, Mondo Groso, whatever city pop mix

(3) Tropical/Deep House: Yung Bae, Drop G mixes, KREAM, whatever tropical deep house mix

(4) Current hits: Doja Cat, The Weeknd, Dua Lipa, Bieber, etc.

(5) Whatever Townie (or my Townie-esq cousin) has recommended lately on the music thread/elsewhere

(6) Kendrick Lamar, Beyonce, 50 Cent, Jay-Z, Biggie, etc.

(7) Smattering of electro-swing/jazz pop/lofi; e.g. caravan palace.

(8) Metal; Hammerfall, Mason, dream evil, Manowar, Dio, Disturbed

(9) Gorillaz, Childish Gambino, Girls Names Jennifer, Marina,

(10) Country Throwbacks: Shania Twain, Garth Brooks, Allen Jackson, Jewel, Brooks and Dunn, Diamond Rio, etc.

(11) That alt-rock Eve 6 shit we've been talking about

i heard once the music married people listen to most is the music you listened to when you were dating your spouse

As I get older my tastes get lamer. I listen to more Chicago and Jimmy Buffett than anything else.

Only thing I still listen to regularly from my teen-ish years is Ben Folds Five.

First cassettes: Tubthumpin' and Dookie
First CDs: Third Eye Blind; Yourself or Someone Like You; Fush Yu Mang

Had to get my mom's permission to get that Smash Mouth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back