• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

chat thread 2022: Happy Pride, Biff!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You lake life advocates on here were not kidding. Took a tritoon out for the day yesterday on Eagle Mountain Lake and it was a blast. Got me looking at lake house pricing and pontoon upkeep costs and the like. I understand the appeal.

I always forget how awesome the lake is until I go. Same with the coast.

You lake life advocates on here were not kidding. Took a tritoon out for the day yesterday on Eagle Mountain Lake and it was a blast. Got me looking at lake house pricing and pontoon upkeep costs and the like. I understand the appeal.

My parents just got a new tritoon at their house. It’s a lot of fun.

Oh FFS, if a meeting starts at 1230, don't email and IM me at 1230 asking if I'm going to join. Have a little bit of fucking chill. Give me until 1231 at the fucking least.

If you haven’t logged on at 12:30, you’re already 10 minutes late in my book.

some pics i took last week out west....

201927421_10219382329209029_6570859162018211224_n.jpg

201986367_10219382330329057_4433338812369512245_n.jpg

201634727_10219382331689091_5264850275675860280_n.jpg

Diggler, did you see my post above? I drove right past y'alls tents!

i did and I responded - we were at Gros Ventre campground. Small world!

I went to grab my ladder from the outbuilding today and put my hand right into a hornet nest the little shits had built on the inside. My fingers on my right hand look like sausages and I can feel my heartbeat in each one. I counted 12 stings on my hand, 2 on my back and one in the crown of my head. I do not care for hornets.

Made some tikka masala tonight. Forgot to get naan at the store tho :/

Missed out on a golden opportunity to find out how ya coulda been camping better

Oh shit, I was kinda kidding but I posted that while we were driving through the big campsite in Gros Ventre looking for moose! It must have been y'all! What are the odds.

My bro-in-law and I did a kind of sketchy hike straight up one of the mountains and ended up at this amazing, hidden mountain lake. It was rough going and we might have gotten stuck up there if we were slightly less daring. Asked a ranger later about the lake because it isn't labeled on any maps and she told us it was a secret because they didn't want people going up there bc of the difficulty of the climb, prevalence of grizzlies, and the "Facebook-culture" that would ruin the wilderness. Pretty incredible. There were a bunch of caves, animal dens, and creepy animal footprints at the summit so we were hiking around the lake duel-wielding bearspray

What's a shootout? We considered doing the rodeo in cody but couldn't justify the extra hour driving each way

Damn no idea how I missed this. Yes that was definitely us and that’s crazy! There was a pair of moose that live in the river behind where we camped, and one morning one of them wandered through our campsite around 5am just as we were getting up.

That hike sounds great. We hiked up Death Canyon and the tiny pond the views were spectacular. Wanted to hike Disappointment Peak but the rangers told us there was too much snow up there.

The rodeo was great. I would go to a rodeo again anytime. The “shootout” was cheesy but funny. Staged every night in the street on the square in Jackson. Kids liked it; I don’t need to see it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back