• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Eastern Europe: Belarus Hijacks Plane to Arrest Journalist

That’s why I was asking dude. I’m genuinely curious if you live in Putinland.

I have relatives who have lived in Hungary for years, and have witnessed the rise of Viktor Orban, the current hero of Tucker Carlson and the GOP, first hand. We see them when they visit the States every Christmas to see friends and relatives, and they always have interesting stories about what Orban's been doing there. Much of it sounds like a template for what Republicans would love to do here.

I didn't expect anything. The guy is just dealing in generalities, about negotiating among others, based on his fears of Biden incompetence. He is right to be worried. The whole Biden stumbling and bumbling and bad decision making invite aggression and miscalculation.

Yet, the American people knew that Biden is better than the best the republican party has to offer.

I'm sure Ukraine would rather be Russians than democRATS.

I bet we finally get that Ukrainian Hunter Biden investigation announcement once Putin has a new Ukrainian PM installed.

Russian national legislature expands "gay propaganda" law forbidding “propaganda of non-traditional sexual relations” from including just minors to everyone over 18. The expanded law is seen as "another step in a years-long crackdown on the country's embattled LGBTQ community." The original law "was adopted by the Kremlin in 2013 in an effort to promote “traditional values” in Russia." Hungary already has such laws in place - one wonders if DeSantis and/or other GOP governors will try to pass similar laws at the state level here, no matter whether they're constitutional or not. For DeSantis it would certainly be the next logical step in his anti-LGBTQ efforts.

"The new bill outlaws all advertising, media and online resources books, films and theater productions deemed to contain such “propaganda,” a concept loosely defined in the bill. The 2013 ban was often enacted against any depictions of same-sex unions and used as a tool to crack down on LGBTQ rights groups and activists...Russia explicitly outlawed same-sex marriages in 2020 by adopting amendments to the country's Constitution that, among other things, stipulated that the “institution of marriage is a union between a man and a woman.”

Link to AP article: https://www.yahoo.com/news/russian-duma-gives-lgbtq-propaganda-112005187.html

DeSantis already passed laws like that in Florida schools.

Back