• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2021 European Championship Thread (NWT)

Wow sick goal from Denmark. Crushed that.

Also, if you aren't cheering for Denmark today then you are a psychopath.

Holy fuck this game got wild

I would NOT want to draw Denmark in the knockout rounds

Belgium scored another. That locks up 2nd place, I would believe

Not a bad outcome for the Danes at the end of the day, Wales in the Round of 16 and the Dutch (or maybe, maybe third-place Group F) in the QFs. Not beyond them to come out of that

AND Belgium more than likely playing Germany, France or Portugal in the Round of 16

Shame that Belgium/Italy would be a quarterfinal

That seriously sucks. France, Belgium and Italy to me have been the 3 best teams, and I don't think there's a 4th team that has come close to those 3. They also have 3 of the best kits. Also of note, the announcer said that Lukaku became the 6th player to have at least 5 goals in both the Euros and the WC. I also liked Doku today - kid has serious speed.

Had to be in Nashville today for an all day customer meeting. Killed me that I couldn't watch live. The scenes from Parken were absolutely amazing. What a day.

Mount and Chilwell are in quarantine today (thru Monday) for talking to Billy Gilmour in the tunnel for 20 mins. Gilmour tested positive for Covid after the Eng/Scot match.

So that's Foden to AM and Shaw retaining the LB spot. Sancho in to RW? Or Rashford?

Southgate should go

Kane
Grealish - Foden - Sancho

Southgate will probably go
Kane
Sterling - Grealish - Foden

even tho Sterling has been pretty pedestrian in their opening two matches (despite the lone England goal)

Mount and Chilwell are in quarantine today (thru Monday) for talking to Billy Gilmour in the tunnel for 20 mins. Gilmour tested positive for Covid after the Eng/Scot match.

So that's Foden to AM and Shaw retaining the LB spot. Sancho in to RW? Or Rashford?

Apparently the math works out that England might get a better draw in the knockout round if the lose today. Knowing that, and that England is already through, I'd start all the reserves and see who stands out. It would get the media off your back and certainly hell with squad morale. Just tell the boys to press high and play rapid.

DCL
Rashford-Grealish-Sancho
Bellingham-James
Shaw-Coady-White-Trippier
Ramsdale

Who says no to that? They would at least be fun to watch unlike in their first two matches.

Subs:
Sako for Rashford - 60th
Henderson for James - 70th
Maquire for Coady - 70th
Johnstone for Ramsdale - 80th

Last edited:
am I just wearing Deac-colored glasses or would Harrison not be a good fit for this England team lacking some attacking creativity?

UEFA saying no to the rainbow for Germany-Hungary in Munich is p lame

am I just wearing Deac-colored glasses or would Harrison not be a good fit for this England team lacking some attacking creativity?

UEFA saying no to the rainbow for Germany-Hungary in Munich is p lame

Maybe, but if Grealish and Sancho are struggling for PT in this side I doubt he'd ever get any real minutes. I'm still holding out hope that he finds a magic way to switch to the USMNT before Qatar. He would present a great option that we currently have at winger. I saw some twitter speculation recently that he might be looking into it.

Super lame. Apparently they control the stadium lights too. It would be awesome if every other German club lit up their stadium in rainbow colors during the match to show solidarity.

Maybe, but if Grealish and Sancho are struggling for PT in this side I doubt he'd ever get any real minutes. I'm still holding out hope that he finds a magic way to switch to the USMNT before Qatar. He would present a great option that we currently have at winger. I saw some twitter speculation recently that he might be looking into it.

Super lame. Apparently they control the stadium lights too. It would be awesome if every other German club lit up their stadium in rainbow colors during the match to show solidarity.

copy-paste from the Guardian:

"Wolfsburg’s Volkswagen Arena will join Berlin’s Olympiastadion, Frankfurt’s Deutsche Bank Park and Cologne’s RheinEnergieSTADION in lighting up in rainbow colours for Germany’s match against Hungary tomorrow."

Apparently the math works out that England might get a better draw in the knockout round if the lose today. Knowing that, and that England is already through, I'd start all the reserves and see who stands out. It would get the media off your back and certainly hell with squad morale. Just tell the boys to press high and play rapid.

DCL
Rashford-Grealish-Sancho
Bellingham-James
Shaw-Coady-White-Trippier
Ramsdale

Who says no to that? They would at least be fun to watch unlike in their first two matches.

Subs:
Sako for Rashford - 60th
Henderson for James - 70th
Maquire for Coady - 70th
Johnstone for Ramsdale - 80th

Not so sure about that with their "first choice" players struggling to be a cohesive attacking unit. I think that points to them needing more time on the pitch in a competitive atmosphere to get better, because right now their attack is labored and pretty dreadful.

Now, if they are tied with like 10-15 minutes to go, then perhaps they could play for a draw at that point.

I don't believe Jack Harrison could make a switch to the US. Isn't he cap-tied to England for playing in a competitive U21 match for England before gaining an American citizenship? I remember reading that a year or so ago.

Back