• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Banning Critical Race Theory

You ever consider just keeping your mouth shut and let people do what they want with their email signature?

If someone wants to do that they should feel free to do so and everyone should be fine with that. Corporations shouldn't be forcing the whole organization to do so, accompanied by bullshit sensitivity training by some HR fuckup, when we have shit to do.

If someone wants to do that they should feel free to do so and everyone should be fine with that. Corporations shouldn't be forcing the whole organization to do so, accompanied by bullshit sensitivity training by some HR fuckup, when we have shit to do.

but do you, really

Biff is that what happened to you and your organization?

For all of those saying that anti-CRT parents should be telling schools what to teach and what to do, well, here's one end result:

Couldn’t we simplify it though? I feel like the subject/object pronouns are superfluous. We can figure it out with just one. I mean, nobody is rolling with she/him are they?

Couldn’t we simplify it though? I feel like the subject/object pronouns are superfluous. We can figure it out with just one. I mean, nobody is rolling with she/him are they?

Are you kidding ? Of course they are.

Why would you be a different pronoun dependent on where you are in a sentence? I’m genuinely confused.

my take away from that is "you're probably are fine just putting "him", especially if you're bothering to identify your pronouns in the first place'

School district in Kansas orders 29 books removed from circulation in school media centers in the district while a committee is assembled to "rate the content of the books on the list" after a parent "objected to language he found offensive in “The Hate U Give,” a novel about the aftermath of a police officer killing a Black teenager. The parent then submitted a list of books he questioned, and district officials agreed to halt checkouts and complete a review." Although the district claims the books are not being banned, it's hard to see them being allowed back into circulation anytime soon.

The assistant superintendent for instruction actually admitted that “At this time, the district is not in a position to know if the books contained on this list meet our educational goals or not" (or, we haven't actually read any of these books or plays and don't know what's in them, but we're taking them out of circulation anyway.)

Among the 29 books taken off the shelves are "several well-known novels, including “The Handmaid’s Tale” by Margaret Atwood, “The Bluest Eye” by Toni Morrison, “The Hate U Give” by Angie Thomas and “The Perks of Being a Wallflower” by Stephen Chbosky.

It also includes “Fences,” a play by August Wilson that won the Pulitzer Prize for Drama in 1987, and “They Called Themselves the K.K.K.,” a historical look at how the white supremacist group took root in America."

Link: https://www.kmuw.org/education/2021-11-09/goddard-school-district-orders-29-books-removed-from-circulation

Wow... when you have lost the WaPo:

Wow... when you have lost the WaPo:

Its an opinion piece by Marc Theissen who is a conservative writer for the post.

Its an opinion piece by Marc Theissen who is a conservative writer for the post.

Correct - Are opinion pieces no longer acceptable on the Tunnels? Better spread the word to your fellow brave lefty scholars on this board.

Do you have any evidence to dispute the $314k in CRT coaching from Equity Collaborative or the memo sent out by the state superintendent promoting CRT training materials?

What about what the Virginia department of education still has on its website?

Correct - Are opinion pieces no longer acceptable on the Tunnels? Better spread the word to your fellow brave lefty scholars on this board.

Do you have any evidence to dispute the $314k in CRT coaching from Equity Collaborative or the memo sent out by the state superintendent promoting CRT training materials?

What about what the Virginia department of education still has on its website?

You said they "had lost the WaPo" when in fact it's an opinion piece by a conservative writer. Also, as I recall much of the CRT-in-VA schools material you posted from Rufo previously was being used for teacher training and workshops and not being placed in actual curriculum. And one email Rufo quoted as evidence of CRT being taught in VA schools was actually a recommendation for a book, and in another he highlighted a sentence (in an email from a VA school board I believe) claiming that it proved CRT was being taught yet he didn't highlight the very beginning of the sentence which clearly stated that CRT wasn't being taught in the school system. Meanwhile, what do you have to say about books being banned or removed from school media centers, some of which have won Pulitzer Prizes? Cancel culture indeed.

Last edited:
Back