• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Banning Critical Race Theory

No but it doesn't indicate some shift in the stance of a newspaper. Theissen is a conservative columist who writes conservative opinion pieces for syndication.

As for the subject matter i think this is the lattest instance of overblown conservative cultural war bullshit to distract the base over the fact that the GOP opposes policy they support.

Last edited:
You said they "had lost the WaPo" when in fact it's an opinion piece by a conservative writer.

An opinion piece published and posted by WaPo. Hence the tongue in cheek "lost" comment. Of course the WaPo is not making a hard turn to the right. Try to keep up.

Also, as I recall much of the VA material you posted from Rufo previously was being used for teacher training and not being placed in actual curriculum. Also, one email Rufo quoted as evidence of CRT being taught in VA schools was actually a recommendation for a book, and in another he highlighted an entire sentence claiming CRT was being taught but didn't highlight the very beginning of the sentence which clearly stated that CRT wasn't being taught in the school system.

Will one of the big brains assist Highland in explaining why Loudoun County VA teachers are receiving $314k in CRT training if the plan is never to use in the classroom or actual curriculum?? That's expensive sensitivity training for teachers to use only on their personal time at home with family or out with friends. Warms the heart to know it's for training purposes only, though. Good luck selling that horseshit to parents in the school district.

Meanwhile, what do you have to say about books being banned or removed from school media centers, some of which have won Pulitzer Prizes? Cancel culture indeed

Book burning/banning is stupid and counterproductive whether it's comes from the left or the right. Feel free to post where I have said otherwise.

Also - Huck Finn says hello.

Last edited:
An opinion piece published and posted by WaPo. Hence the tongue in cheek "lost" comment. Of course the WaPo is not making a hard turn to the right. Try to keep up.

Will one of the big brains assist Highland in explaining why Loudoun County VA teachers are receiving $314k in CRT training if the plan is never to use in the classroom or actual curriculum?? That's expensive sensitivity training for teachers to use only on their personal time at home with family or out with friends. Warms the heart to know it's for training purposes only.

Book burning/banning is stupid and counterproductive whether it's comes from the left or the right. Feel free to post where I have said otherwise.

Also - Huck Finn says hello.

So you still don't have any evidence that CRT is actually being implemented into the curriculum in schools - only that is being used in at least one teaching workshop in one school district - and you didn't answer any of the points I made about Rufo's tweets being misleading or disingenuous at best. Also, you do understand that using CRT (or some version of it) for adult teachers in a workshop does not mean it will become a part of the actual curriculum in the school system? And again, we're talking about one school district. That's a pretty slim thread for your side to be pulling books and plays off the shelves of school libraries, Angus. I'm glad that you're opposed to banning books - maybe you can talk to some of your Anti-CRT crusading friends and get them to stop.

GOP tactic - let's get lost arguing about some stupid bullshit. He'll never find any evidence because none exists.

GOP tactic - let's get lost arguing about some stupid bullshit. He'll never find any evidence because none exists.

Y'all don't have to argue with Angus and jhmd.

So you still don't have any evidence that CRT is actually being implemented into the curriculum in schools.

No evidence other than the powerpoint from the DOE in VA imploring schools to "Embrace Critical Race Theory" and "engage in race-conscious teaching and learning"?

FC9OrQCUUAEenns

And no evidence other than a memo from the superintendent or what is currently posted on the VA department of education website, right?

Personally I think that race conscious teaching and learning in areas like history is long overdue considering we've whitewashed many events out of the curriculum. And that really is the end result of a lot of these teaching objectives towards teachers

i mean, something that actually looks like curriculum would be a start, yeah.

feel free to flail around, though

No evidence other than the powerpoint from the DOE in VA imploring schools to "Embrace Critical Race Theory" and "engage in race-conscious teaching and learning"?

FC9OrQCUUAEenns

And no evidence other than a memo from the superintendent or what is currently posted on the VA department of education website, right?

ITC already said it, but with all of this presumed evidence surely your side could point to CRT being taught, you know, in actual classroom settings? Finding "a course syllabus" with CRT in it surely shouldn't be that hard if it's as widespread as you claim. What you keep posting are teacher workshop offerings, and that's not the same thing, no matter how many times you or Rufo say it is. And thanks for posting that "Foundations of Critical Race Theory in Education", as that's a book and not an actual CRT course. You do know that, right? If CRT was as widespread in public schools as you and Rufo claim, it should be pretty easy to find plenty of examples of it being taught in classrooms around the country. Yet all we get are clips of recommendations from the VA DOE (with no context provided), teacher workshop offerings, and books being recommended for reading. Yeah, we've got a real Communist conspiracy here. And I continue to find it amusing that you slam Northam as a "Gov. Blackface" racist who is also imposing CRT on pubic schools. Nice.

I don't understand the "It's not being taught" crowd's argument. Don't you all prefer that CRT be woven into the curriculum?

I don't understand the "It's not being taught" crowd's argument. Don't you all prefer that CRT be woven into the curriculum?

the argument is that it is being taught and needs to be cleansed from this earth and so only republicans can rule and we're all wondering where it's being taught, because yes, we would like it to be woven into the curriculum

CRT gets conflated with people who want an honest presentation of US history and not from the Anglo-Saxon establishment perspective that ignores and glosses over unpleasant realities.

I should add that I can't wait until Rufo/Angus inevitably finds one school or classroom somewhere in the country where CRT (or a version of it) is being or has been taught, and triumphantly claims that this single example proves that it is being taught nationwide and so the holy crusade must continue.

Last edited:

Lol “WHY ARENT YOU OPENLY ADMITTING AND SUPPORTING THIS THING I AM ACCUSING YOU OF SUPPORTING!?”

sure, show us where that's happening

I don't think that's the issue. If you send Angus on a scavenger hunt to find something ridiculous like the Coca-Cola sensitivity training slides, I'm sure he could find something. Doesn't prove or disprove the ultimate issue of how we should intentionally weave race into how we teach history, and if so, when and how.

I think it's crazy to intentionally weave race into an elementary school education. Little kids aren't ready to think critically about complex issues like the ones discussed under the banner of CRT aren't likely to get any worthwhile benefit from it. You can always teach broader values of our Founding and emphasize inclusion and equality for all, without making it a "race conversation", since there are many more socioeconomic fault lines beyond race. I think the same thing is true with other adult themes: violence, sex, suffering of all types, etc. I don't think we need to rush our society's divisions into these formative years. Goodness knows there will be plenty of time for that, unfortunately.

I think it makes sense to incorporate more specific lessons into middle and high school lessons. I remember as a middle school kid being struck by changes in tone of the subject matter. I think the kids are better equipped to deal with deeper subject matters at that age. My two cents.

Back