• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Banning Critical Race Theory

got me thinking about a possible paper idea, tbh

i assume that was autocorrect, since the "d" and "l" keys are so far apart?

got me thinking about a possible paper idea, tbh

i assume that was autocorrect, since the "d" and "l" keys are so far apart?

i'm on my laptop so not a keystroke mistake or autocorrect. probably more a result of doing three things at the same time and firing off a quick reply before moving back to work-email or whatever

Why don't you start a thread on it instead of polluting this one with unrelated trolling?

Just wanted to LOL at this one.

JH and Junie becoming Tweedledum and Tweedledee bros on this board is fun.

The OK law mirrors Trump's EO related to government contractors that Biden immediately rescinded -- it's worded nearly identically. If he weren't a shit lawyer, Junie would know that the way a law is written (and this one is written like shit, obviously), is not how it is implemented/enforced.

Whiniest, victim-playing, hypocritical bitches on the planet. Republicans entire platform right now is based on enacting laws to cancel stuff while they complaint about cancel culture. Just the absolute worst of humanity.

Last edited:
Just wanted to LOL at this one.

JH and Junie becoming Tweedledum and Tweedledee bros on this board is fun.

The OK law mirrors Trump's EO related to government contractors that Biden immediately rescinded -- it's worded nearly identically. If he weren't a shit lawyer, Junie would know that the way a law is written (and this one is written like shit, obviously), is not how it is implemented/enforced.

Whiniest, victim-playing, hypocritical bitches on the planet. Republicans entire platform right now is based on enacting laws to cancel stuff while they complaint about cancel culture. Just the absolute worst of humanity.

The only thing that matters with a law is the original meaning.

Another example of the left suppressing educators !

Tells people that "work" is a policy to keep people out of poverty. Posts article where his side suggests that work is insufficient to keep people out of poverty ("These $300 checks are keeping people out of the workforce!"). Bold strategy, cotton.

If having a job keeps somebody out of poverty, why do so many people have to work multiple jobs or use government assistance in addition to their job to stay afloat?

i go away for one day and now he has us arguing against him that Bootstraps is a viable answer to anything

don't feel the troll

All of these posts were made by people who for their own lives chose the path that involves....*checks notes*....finishing their education, making responsible planning family decisions and working.

The careful reader will note that in their view, the plan is good enough for the people, but they've decided that some people must not be cut out for the plan. Why? They never say.

This is today's reminder that when you watch Democrats with the sound off, you see the choices that they accuse Republicans of making.

All of these posts were made by people who for their own lives chose the path that involves....*checks notes*....finishing their education, making responsible planning family decisions and working.

The careful reader will note that in their view, the plan is good enough for the people, but they've decided that some people must not be cut out for the plan. Why? They never say.

This is today's reminder that when you watch Democrats with the sound off, you see the choices that they accuse Republicans of making.

It was a hell of a lot easier for me to finish my education when my family could pay for college and didn’t need me to work full time at 16 to help the family put food on the table.

So nice of him to project his feelings of success for all of you that started on third but he believes you hit a triple.

Out of context, this makes sense. With context, its gibberish.

Out of context, this makes sense. With context, its gibberish.

If we can agree on the building blocks of upward mobility, let's debate the best policies to get there and rule out the policies that undermine those building blocks. I don't know how paying people not to take jobs is helpful towards anything other than ensuring they will continue to need help next month, too.

Jh who in your opinion should be working minimum wage jobs? Should those sorts of jobs pay enough to sustain your nuclear family ideal?

Now who actually is working minimum wage jobs?

That’s about all I’m going to say. Yet again an unrelated topic of GOP cruelty has been hijacked to his pet topic.

I don't think you would be bussing tables at Denny's right now should you have been unlucky enough to be fired due to the pandemic. I think it is fairly ugly to suggest that others do that either. I think it is fair to expect that they should be able to do what you would be doing- searching for a job and waiting for the labor market to get to the point that a job similar to the one you previously held is available again.

If its good enough for you, it should be good enough for them.

As far as the whole get educated and get a job platitude, come back to me when this country is willing to invest in a generation of children without actively trying to, among other things:
a. put their parents in jail for being poor;
b. toss their entire living situation into upheaval if someone gets sick or loses a job;
c. destroy their school so that certain white kids don't have to go to school with black/brown kids; and
d. deny appropriate sex education or freely available contraceptives.

Your theory is that there is a micro solution to a macro problem. I believe there is a macro solution to a macro problem. My solution is hard as hell, not guaranteed to be 100% effective, and will require every level of our society to work together to improve the options for kids born into poverty and those who transition into poverty during childhood. Yours requires nothing but said platitudes, judgment, and a few tax-deductible contributions to your charity of choice. Not surprising that solution is attractive to certain types of people.

Last edited:
or are you just miffed that it's a post that doesn't respond to you? lol

Back