• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Banning Critical Race Theory

In theory? No. In practice? I'll let you be the judge using the very next post as a case in point.

Here, our friend PhDeac has decided that you either agree with him, or you are a racist. Despite his agile and robust intellect, the good Doctor has proven himself unwilling to cough up any another explanation for a dissenting opinion on this topic. I believe in this rare instance, his approach is simplistic and self-serving.

Yes, there are people who oppose CRT because they are racists. Sure. Attempting to dismiss all dissent as being motivated by this factor is, well, simplistic and self-serving.
There are also people who oppose CRT because attempting to explain all of life's complicated challenges by pointing to race every single time will have you up at 1:58 in the morning posting on the internet about an outbreak of unreported murders. These people believe that race is one of many important factors in explaining historical outcomes. You can talk about race without making it a lifestyle. Or a career.
Teaching about our complicated history from diverse points of view is the right approach. Count me in this camp. Do people think modern academia currently pays insufficient attention to the issues of race? Of class? Of gender?
Yet another school of thought believes that fixation with race is harmful in its own right. The Chief Justice famously said, "[t]he way to stop discrimination on the basis of race is to stop discriminating on the basis of race." In Sig's favorite clip, Morgan Freeman says as follows:

I don't believe Morgan Freeman is a white supremacist. He just disagrees with you. It happens.

This reads like a Colbert Report segment.

https://www.cc.com/video/492fjx/the-colbert-report-ending-racism

https://www.cc.com/video/3vijkd/the-colbert-report-the-word-color-bind

Now would be a great time for you to post a video of white Republican black friend and all around great guy Bill Cosby telling black youth to pull up their pants and stop stealing poundcake - that will really drive the point home.

Did you think that was an intelligent, thoughtful post, jh? It starts out being disingenuous about ph's post, mischaracterizes CRT with typical simplistic old white pub BS about "we talk about race enough already and the only way to move past it is to stop talking about it because Morgan Freeman said something like that one time", which really just means "it makes old codgers like me uncomfortable and I'm kind of a puss who doesn't like to feel uncomfortable".

Just the same pathetic old shit, Cap'n #Bootstraps.

My post argues that not all dissent from the Bubble's permitted opinion of the day is grounded in racism.
This triggered you.

My post argues that not all dissent from the Bubble's permitted opinion of the day is grounded in racism.
This triggered you.

If you don’t actively seek out minority voices or try to view history through a racial lens, you are automatically accepting the white man’s version of it. Because that is who wrote the history books.

If you don’t actively seek out minority voices or try to view history through a racial lens, you are automatically accepting the white man’s version of it. Because that is who wrote the history books.

I agree with this, but isn't the proper test "compared to how we are already teaching history in 2021" (versus how we taught it in 1980sDeac went through)? Does anyone believe we're already doing more now than ever? How do we intend to measure when we've struck the correct balance?

I agree with this, but isn't the proper test "compared to how we are already teaching history in 2021" (versus how we taught it in 1980sDeac went through)? Does anyone believe we're already doing more now than ever? How do we intend to measure when we've struck the correct balance?

Correct balance? Just present the facts, the POV of the parties involved, and let the students decide.

Its pretty obvious who's an educator on here and who has no idea what they are talking about.

Last edited:
Example:

George Washington:
Pros: 1st President, Revolutionary War hero, calming and centered influence who was vital in ensuring our nation made it through its first decade of existence.
Cons: Imprisoned and sold/traded hundreds of human beings who's basic freedoms and human rights he ignored. Rape, murder and human carnage occurred under his watch. Only freed his human captives after he died, so he wouldn't have to deal with the economic consequences.

Was he a hero or a villain?

Example:

George Washington:
Pros: 1st President, Revolutionary War hero, calming and centered influence who was vital in ensuring our nation made it through its first decade of existence.
Cons: Imprisoned and sold/traded hundreds of human beings who's basic freedoms and human rights he ignored. Rape, murder and human carnage occurred under his watch. Only freed his human captives after he died, so he wouldn't have to deal with the economic consequences.

To be fair, you didn't mention Washington's race or the race of the slaves in your portrayal of the facts. That is probably exactly how Stephen Colbert's character would want it.

Example:

George Washington:

i would imagine the devil is in the details in how....enthusiastically...you build out the pros and cons.

rape, murder and carnage occurred under the watch of humanity for...ever

Last edited:
Look at that two different responses where the respondents used their prior knowledge and critical thinking skills to come up with their own thoughts.

So basically the goal of modern social studies education.

Look at that two different responses where the respondents used their prior knowledge and critical thinking skills to come up with their own thoughts.

So basically the goal of modern social studies education.

yeah but what if it's not FAIR AND BALANCED

6-7-21-NCPW-cartoon-online.jpg

cancel culture has no ideology nor political affiliation, it's simply the vocabulary of the always online

it's genuinely incredible how much james lindsey posts on Twitter dot com

Back