• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Banning Critical Race Theory

They have power in the Senate though.

Yes. But they're not unified like Republicans are.

Two Black Students Won School Honors. Then Came the Calls for a Recount.

After two white families claimed a grade calculation error, a Mississippi school added their children as co-valedictorian and co-salutatorian, reviving questions about race and equity.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/06/11/us/west-point-high-school-valedictorian.amp.html

“At issue was just how to calculate who the top two students were. Ikeria and Layla won based on a calculation of quality point average or Q.P.A., a system of calculating grades that gave extra weight to advanced placement and dual credit courses. But, it turned out, Dominic and Emma were the top two finishers based on unweighted grade point average.”

“Some cited, at least in perception, family influence as a potential factor in the naming of co-honorees. Emma Berry is a descendant of the co-founder of Bryan Foods, once West Point’s largest employer. Even though the local Bryan pork processing factory shut down in 2007, the extended Bryan family remains among the town’s most influential. Several local institutions bear the family name, including the public library.”

“The Washington and Temple families are considering a lawsuit, and they have enlisted the advice of Ms. Ross, the lawyer from Jackson. She questions the methodology used to determine class rank in West Point — saying it makes no sense — and why weighted scores are not used.

“Anybody in education knows that a weighted G.P.A. signifies that a student has taken more rigorous courses than a student with a 4.0 G.P.A.,” Ms. Ross said.”

Ridiculous. This is what happens when white families so desperately need to believe in white supremacy. This is exactly why schools need to teach actual history and a critical evaluation of the past and present of our society.

I’m not sure I’ve ever heard a more perfect allegory for race in America. Every details just perfectly tells the story.

I’m not sure I’ve ever heard a more perfect allegory for race in America. Every details just perfectly tells the story.

Up to and including the white mother who is incredulous that anyone could think it was about race. Read the fucking room Karen.

Let's quit talking about [poverty, income inequality, racism...] and pertend it don't exist.

Insist upon this, actually.

A solution that works!

[fer them whut not experiencing the problem in the first place]

MAGA!

Up to and including the white mother who is incredulous that anyone could think it was about race. Read the fucking room Karen.

Yep. White supremacy cannot tolerate Black excellence. That’s the ugly cycle. Conservatives tell Black people all they have to do is work hard to succeed. Of course doing so includes overcoming obstacles over generations and not making mistakes. And those same conservatives know they’ll fight hard against that Black excellence at every step.

But it takes all sides to maintain this system over hundreds of years to suppress Black excellence.
-Chattel slavery
-Killing enslaved people who learned to read
-Decades of compromise to maintain slavery in the name of keeping a country together
-Starting a war because that country elected a president who was openly against slavery
-Using violence, media, and the law to remove duly elected Black politicians
-Honoring soldiers and politicians who fought slavery over abolitionists who fought against it
-Decades of laws making it nearly impossible for Black people to get government benefits

[I’m tired so I’ll fast forward]

-Birtherism
-Fake controversy about Broadway shows, tan suit, arugula, etc
-Electing the main person who spread birtherism as president
-Bullshit controversy about “enjoy the long weekend” propagated by people who were probably already headed to or at their boats and grills
-Refusal to invalidate partisan voting restrictions in the name of bipartisanship
-Pressuring great athletes to take inane questions from mostly white reporters
-Changing the most common rules for determining a valedictorian and salutatorian

These are all steps we see to undermine Black excellence.

You forgot Dijon mustard, which Obama was absolutely right about. It’s fantastic on a burger.

Oh there’s a lot to add to this list. Feel free.

15e80d9ea64bb19c9e3b61a6386cf601.jpg

I for one would like for you to explain what evidence you have to support your statement

Probably similar logic to the Sunshine Brigade saying the probably wasn’t [Redacted] losing. The problem was fans talking about [Redacted] losing.

Back