• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Banning Critical Race Theory

the consistent conservative point apparently being " well, actually, when you look at the issue it's not at all how we represented it"

That argument was rejected by the court, you donk.

He was required to confess it to the teacher, and the acknowledgment would have been in writing for other school administrators to see.

Point still stands, I guess.

It’s possible that some individual classroom somewhere did something to justify nationwide sweeping bans of discussing history. Junebug will dig it up.

I’m heartened that at least a dyed-in-the-wool libtard like yourself agrees that what the school did here violated the constitution.

“I identify as….”

“There are oppressive/oppressed or privileged/unprivileged aspects of these identities…”

The horror.

Last edited:
I’m heartened that at least a dyed-in-the-wool libtard like yourself agrees that what the school did here violated the constitution.

Libtard…what a moron. I guess by standing still I have found myself far left of where your cretinous party is dragging us.

Seems like a stretch in your example. Is that the best you’ve got to defend these laws? Solutions in search of a problem.

That argument was rejected by the court, you donk.

He was required to confess it to the teacher, and the acknowledgment would have been in writing for other school administrators to see.

yeah i mean, i just posted that part because it's fucking annoying to have to read an article to get context that everyone was wondering

the school board meeting lasted 11 hours?

Apparently so. According to the NBC News article "In Nevada, Washoe County’s school board halted in-person meetings in April, after residents filled a large auditorium and lobbed insults and threats of violence during the public comment portion. Meetings opened to the public again in May, in a small office where only a few speakers can be present at a time.

Undeterred, hundreds of conservative activists and local residents, many without children in the district, according to their public testimony, waited in the Reno sun until their names were called to speak out against critical race theory and the board’s recent adoption of a student-led anti-discrimination resolution...During the most recent meeting, which lasted 11 hours, speakers railed at school board members, calling them Marxists, racists, Nazis and child abusers, among other epithets."

So we've gone from the conservative argument that these state laws are just a big nothingburger and a chance for liberals to be drama queens, to there is a real threat in education that has to be addressed and eliminated. Sounds a lot like the rationale for restrictive and cumbersome laws to eliminate voter abuse that never find more than a tiny handful of cases nationally every election year.

XBNjRre.png

0eA7IoA.png

So we've gone from the conservative argument that these state laws are just a big nothingburger and a chance for liberals to be drama queens, to there is a real threat in education that has to be addressed and eliminated. Sounds a lot like the rationale for restrictive and cumbersome laws to eliminate voter abuse that never find more than a tiny handful of cases nationally every election year.

in other words, two parent households

would be curious to hear how Lindsey arrived at the conclusion (from the beginning of the clip) that CRT necessarily forecloses on one's agency, that's a really strange leap

would also love to hear the rest of the convo - I guess it's at BNC's website?

yeah i mean, i just posted that part because it's fucking annoying to have to read an article to get context that everyone was wondering

Yeah, only getting one side on a contentious issue is pretty annoying

“I identify as….”

“There are oppressive/oppressed or privileged/unprivileged aspects of these identities…”

The horror.

People tend to get upset when education becomes indoctrination, yes.

I mean if the facts are as they are presented there then that's pretty ridiculous and I disagree with it. Still doesn't mean you should whitewash the teaching of history in this country.

Back