• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Banning Critical Race Theory

Sure. It’s the Common Core stuff multiplied by white grievance.

This idea that we're going to force 7 year olds to see each other by the color of their skin seems very...old. And stupid. And illegal.

This post is... ungood.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you just attempted a joke that didn't land. Because otherwise, it shows an incredible lack of understanding of how kids process color, gender, and ethnicity.

just got to the part of the thread where brad posted the tweets with the exclusive whistleblower documents from a third grade classroom and i'm just gonna check out here, cause it can only go downhill

just got to the part of the thread where brad posted the tweets with the exclusive whistleblower documents from a third grade classroom and i'm just gonna check out here, cause it can only go downhill

the Pentagon Papers of the CRT Conspiracy

If so, that's because fear-mongers like you whip them into a frenzy by telling them the law prohibits things it doesn't.

Or because University administrators canceled classes that had little or nothing to do with CRT (which is how I first learned about this) out of an abundance of caution and teachers are afraid they will get caught in the political BS too.

I laughed at this:

Wow... some serious heavy hitters co-signed that joint statement posted above by Mr. Independent ConnorEl.

All I know is you definitely don't want to get on the bad side of the Historical Society of Twentieth Century China or the Rhetoric Society of America.

Yes, that is, in fact, all that you know.

THANKS FOR POSTING!!!

I'm sure others (like myself) have been losing sleep over not receiving an update on what professor Fang Qiang at the University of Minnesota - Duluth duties are as Secretary/Treasurer of the Board!!!

I bet Prof. Qiang takes prozac too!

That’s generous.

If course, he’s really just saying that if all them elite egghead historians and edumacators is again’ it, it must be good!

A similar debate is occurring on the Biden Accountability thread. Many of you are so out of touch that it doesn't even cross your mind that the problem isn't the messaging, but the message.

But it's definitely not a bubble. They hate when you call it that.

No, those are because teachers are doing things like making White (or in the case of the Nevada school I posted about, mixed-race) students "confess their privilege"

What could go wrong? These donks are too drunk on their own swill to see how quickly this is going to backfire. Newsflash: most of this country isn't a guilt-ridden graduate of an expensive private University. I can't wait to hear the answers of the kids who are actively being discriminated against solely because of their race in America in 2021. They sure as shit are going to have some thoughts. I sense a lot of #uncomfortable moments for our self-anointed betters on the left.

But it's definitely not a bubble. They hate when you call it that.

a bubble is perhaps the most charitable answer to the question of why you think non-white seven year olds aren't already keenly aware of racial dynamics in the US

What could go wrong? These donks are too drunk on their own swill to see how quickly this is going to backfire. Newsflash: most of this country isn't a guilt-ridden graduate of an expensive private University. I can't wait to hear the answers of the kids who are actively being discriminated against solely because of their race in America in 2021. They sure as shit are going to have some thoughts. I sense a lot of #uncomfortable moments for our self-anointed betters on the left.

I teach CRT in the most racially diverse public school system in the US. AMA, jhmd.

How quickly what is going to backfire? This is an issue manufactured by your party’s Fox News wing. It is not a democratic position.

These multi state laws and national outrage are really beating that single Nevada classroom into the ground though. At least you found one example this time as opposed to the phantom election fraud scandals.

Glad I could introduce you fellas to one another.

Believe it or not, CRT is relevant to both of our fields, Junebug. It originated in yours because the law has a way of instituting a double penalty on women of color because Title VII is inadequate!

Believe it or not, CRT is relevant to both of our fields, Junebug. It originated in yours because the law has a way of instituting a double penalty on women of color because Title VII is inadequate!

Oh, I'm quite aware of its origins in law. What is your field?

Back