• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Banning Critical Race Theory

When I was in law school, it was a fringe theory that everyone thought was blatant nutbaggery. Never in my wildest dreams would I have thought it would become so mainstream that its concepts were being taught in K-12 schools.

It still isn’t and you haven’t posted any evidence that is.

Your gish galloping bullshit doesn’t hold up well in writing when your constant changing of the subject and logical leaps are easily readable on this thread.

Of course not. It's much more dangerous than that, but those concepts are part of its teaching.

Do you want to ban teaching about systemic racism and white privilege?

What parts of CRT are dangerous? Cite primary sources.

Is there something actually objectionable in those books?

Do the teach "hate" and "divisiveness" and that all white people should feel guilty and turrible because they are white?

PROVE THAT THERE IS NOT SOMETHING OBJECTIONABLE!

Ah yes... the Tunnels has now evolved from:

"CRT is just a conservative boogeyman (like Antifa or crimes at BLM "protests") that doesn't exist. Nobody is actually teaching it"

to

"OK - so it's being taught but only in a few places. It's not SYSTEMIC or WIDESPREAD and there is no proof anyone uses those textbooks!! So what's the big deal???"

to the inevitable

"What's the problem with it being taught in schools? Why are whites such snowflakes?"

you don't even know what CRT is you dipshit

I think my favorite part of this is that CRT is a fairly comprehensive and devastating critique of liberal jurisprudence in regards to civil rights...

Conservatives are so unbelievably racist, so unbelievably sensitive about being racists, and so - sorry, guys - stupid that they are triggered by the words "critical" and "race" (probably "theory," too, because it involves difficult reading) to the point where they have decided to come out definitively against an ideology/theoretical school developed to "own the libs" in civil rights-related jurisprudence.

wholeheartedly agree with this, just to add that "bullied" is an understatement since he forced the death of their (arguably) most important philosopher (also Jewish!)

Yeah, definitely. I was being glib. Benjamin is a literal martyr in the unending fascist attack on leftist ideology.

It should go without saying, but a lot of (((critical theorists))) and fans of critical theory (liberals, communists, radicals, religious and demographic minorities) were brutally butchered because fascist ideologues went too far in their culture wars and actually criminalized free speech.

Yeah, definitely. I was being glib. Benjamin is a literal martyr in the unending fascist attack on leftist ideology.

It should go without saying, but a lot of (((critical theorists))) and fans of critical theory (liberals, communists, radicals, religious and demographic minorities) were brutally butchered because fascist ideologues went too far in their culture wars and actually criminalized free speech.

I'll bet they did it in flowery high-sounding language. Like we must not allow speech that promotes "hate" and "division" and whatnot.

I think my favorite part of this is that CRT is a fairly comprehensive and devastating critique of liberal jurisprudence in regards to civil rights...

Conservatives are so unbelievably racist, so unbelievably sensitive about being racists, and so - sorry, guys - stupid that they are triggered by the words "critical" and "race" (probably "theory," too, because it involves difficult reading) to the point where they have decided to come out definitively against an ideology/theoretical school developed to "own the libs" in civil rights-related jurisprudence.

Accurate, self-aware and fair as ever.*

*Not a compliment.

I think this particular issue actually is more insidious than just "riling up the base" to keep the donations coming in.

Conservative activists know that they've lost four decades of culture wars and have largely blamed the liberal indoctrination machine that is higher education. But they've also long recognized that it is the *process* of education itself, not just four years of higher education, that introduces people to new ideas and teaches them that our histories have been subject to erasure and bias.

So just like conservatives went grassroots with judges, decrying activism and bias in jurisprudence all the while training up a whole generation of ideological hardcores, so too will conservative activists try to control what and how facts and histories are taught to children. We may not see the results of this work for a generation.

When I was in law school, it was a fringe theory that everyone thought was blatant nutbaggery. Never in my wildest dreams would I have thought it would become so mainstream that its concepts were being taught in K-12 schools.

Interesting, when I was in law school, it was an elective that a good number of people took. The professor was well thought of.

I didn't take it because it was taught after lunch, which cut in to my drinking time.

203070246_10159529968061913_5681242321394218909_n.jpg

I think this particular issue actually is more insidious than just "riling up the base" to keep the donations coming in.

Conservative activists know that they've lost four decades of culture wars and have largely blamed the liberal indoctrination machine that is higher education. But they've also long recognized that it is the *process* of education itself, not just four years of higher education, that introduces people to new ideas and teaches them that our histories have been subject to erasure and bias.

So just like conservatives went grassroots with judges, decrying activism and bias in jurisprudence all the while training up a whole generation of ideological hardcores, so too will conservative activists try to control what and how facts and histories are taught to children. We may not see the results of this work for a generation.

This is accurate. You're starting to see the effects of this on school boards, too, albeit at the post-secondary education-level (e.g., the UNC trustees' decision to circumvent UNC's tenure committee, chancellor and department faculty in denying Nikole Hannah-Jones's tenure bid).

Conservatives are so unbelievably racist, so unbelievably sensitive about being racists, and so - sorry, guys - stupid ***.

When your intellect is so narrow that you are unable to conceive of an intelligent argument you don't agree with, you've just told on yourself.

This is accurate. You're starting to see the effects of this on school boards, too, albeit at the post-secondary education-level (e.g., the UNC trustees' decision to circumvent UNC's tenure committee, chancellor and department faculty in denying Nikole Hannah-Jones's tenure bid).

Slight addendum. They already made these grassroots attempts to control education. They did it after the Civil War. They did it after Brown v. Board. They’ve never really stopped doing it at the state and federal policy levels and in the school boards they control. They just need another battleground for culture wars.

Do conservatives wonder why if CRT was such a huge problem, Trump and DeVos didn’t do anything about it over 5 months ago?

Back