• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Banning Critical Race Theory

Can I clarify what this means? Are you in support of banning critical race theory from curricula?

I'm not for banning any ideas, but it is funny to watch you guys lose your shit when people do to the left what the left has been doing to the right for 50 years. How does it feel?

It's the Woke Meanies taking away our twitters!!

Meanwhile, GOP dominated state legislatures are passing laws that are literally resulting in the cancelling of college courses because the course material criticizes imperialism and slavery.

They are also passing laws making it legal to drive into protesters.

Conservatives are dominating....colleges?

GOP legislatures are legislating what professors can teach, but its the Libs and are silencing conservatives. What the fuck is wrong with you? Conservatives are using the apparatus of government to silence professors. The State is literally operating on the fringes of repressing speech. That's a much bigger problem than a private company trying to regulate content posted on their platform or individual citizens trying to make conservatives feel bad for their shitty policies.

I'm not for banning any ideas, but it is funny to watch you guys lose your shit when people do to the left what the left has been doing to the right for 50 years. How does it feel?

What laws did liberal dominated state legislatures pass restricting the curriculum of college course offerings?

I know your bubble tells you this, but it isn't true.

The guy simply cannot directly discuss things his party is does without ridiculous obfuscation, deflection or whatabouting.

If they were passing good rational policy it’d be easier but it’s shit so he dances.

Has the left banned anything from curricula in the last 50 years or is this kind of a faulty comparison?

Has the left banned anything from curricula in the last 50 years or is this kind of a faulty comparison?

They've done a lot more than that. It's only faulty in the sense that what the left has done to silence the right on campuses dwarfs banning CRT. Are we really debating that leftist voices dominate academia? Really?

Watching you all react to the slightest pushback is hilarious.

They've done a lot more than that. It's only faulty in the sense that what the left has done to silence the right on campuses dwarfs banning CRT. Are we really debating that leftist voices dominate academia? Really?

No, we aren't debating that. That was never the debate. That's not the debate at all. But keep changing the conversation/goal posts. That way, you don't have to actually consider how race affects different aspects of our society and the telling of history. That's what we are debating and you have provided a wonderful example of how "conservatives" want to distract from the essence of that conversation. Well done.

No, we aren't debating that. That was never the debate. That's not the debate at all. But keep changing the conversation/goal posts. That way, you don't have to actually consider how race affects different aspects of our society and the telling of history. That's what we are debating and you have provided a wonderful example of how "conservatives" want to distract from the essence of that conversation. Well done.

So as long as you guys---and only you guys---get to decide how we educate young people, then you're happy.

Got it. Nice bubble.

If you weren’t for banning any ideas, there wouldn’t have been a “but” addendum. You’d just say that passing laws to ban this “theory” is wrong.

So as long as you guys---and only you guys---get to decide how we educate young people, then you're happy.

Got it. Nice bubble.

No ones saying that either. Is this not exhausting to dance around without addressing that your party is literally making CRT illegal?

You’re making different arguments than what I’m asking you about. What have leftist academics banned? It does feel that the pursuit of higher education is by definition a progressive pursuit.

Do you deny that race affects our society and the telling of our history? Do you think that is detrimental to some of us, especially minorities (Native American, Black)?
If so, why are you so committed to distracting from that conversation?

Got it. Nice bubble.

I think teachers should probably choose their own reading lists, and no book should be banned.

Guys, It FEELS like the left has BANNED a lot of things in the last 50 years on college campuses!!1!

You’re making different arguments than what I’m asking you about. What have leftist academics banned? It does feel that the pursuit of higher education is by definition a progressive pursuit.

No I am not. There are different paths to the same result.

No I am not. There are different paths to the same result.

But the path the GOP is choosing is exactly the problem here. Using the power of the state to suppress thought and speech through legislation is very different than Libs vocally pushing their ideas and ideals in society to the detriment of conservative ideas and ideals. No liberal legislature has passed a law dictating that college professors can no longer teach trickle down economics. Conservative ideas are losing out in the market of ideas on college campuses because they suck, not because they were banned.

How many conservatives are in your department, birdman? Or in any other non-administrative capacity at your university/college?

The reason college professors are no longer teaching trickle down economics has very little (nothing??) to do with the merits of the theory.

Conservative ideas aren't "losing out in the market of ideas". Conservative ideas aren't even permitted to compete in the university/college market because departments dominated by libs & progressives are only hiring like minded individuals to keep the echo chamber intact.

Last edited:
Back