• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Banning Critical Race Theory

"Desirable" schools are often noted as such for being newer, better facilities, better resources, safer, etc. Why can't we just make it so all the schools in a district are on an even footing? The so-called failing school that has issues with violence, why not provide resources to make it match the better succeeding schools within the same district? Under your school choice plan, kids are still going to have to go to the quote-un-quote bad schools, why not try to fix those?

LOL. It doesn't work. "Failing Schools" already get triple the money as performing schools.

I did not think it was possible to somehow side with the white people in this Michigan story. Excellent work "center"deac, blame the media is always a good angle.

At this point given the state of the Republican party, which is filled with JHs, Junies, and "Centers", I'm ready for my kids to be taught a class called "White People Suck," because, generally, we really do.

Conservatives don’t believe actual slavery was racist.

While I don't think this is right, obviously, I do think that human chattel slavery exists on conservatives' "racism continuum" as a major reference point.

An action, activity, or policy can't be racist because it's not slavery. Racism, for conservatives, is something you perform not something inherent to systems or cultures.

it seems to boil down to "X days since last N-word usage" and if X > say, 100, then not racist.

If there is a transportation hardship, maybe those kids could get priority/waiver.

So we are back to giving priority based on where you live.

Dude definitely hasn’t thought this through. He has also admitted he isn’t interested in rationale dialogue or answering legitimate questions. He just wants to rile up the more reactionary posters. Why do you dumbasses keep responding to him?

At this point given the state of the Republican party, which is filled with JHs, Junies, and "Centers", I'm ready for my kids to be taught a class called "White People Suck," because, generally, we really do.

And we see why people might be hostile to certain resolutions.

LOL. It doesn't work. "Failing Schools" already get triple the money as performing schools.

No they don't. Sure they get additional grants and other Title I funds, but higher performing schools generally have far more resources (donations and infrastructure is massive here) and total "wealth" to use.

I've taught in a very high income school and a low income school. Anything I ever wanted I could get in the high income school just by asking the school secretary, our PTA slush fund was well over $25K. At the low income school we don't get jack shit unless we ask for it at the beginning of each semester, and half the stuff you ask for you have to wait on. We have no money for community experiences or after school snacks/activities. Teachers at low income schools spend way more of out of pocket than those at high income schools. Which is one of the reasons teacher retainment (i.e. the biggest "non-student" factor in school performance) is so much lower at low income schools.

It is a completely different financial situation, even if we have more federal money coming in. Because you can't use the federal money as needed, it as to be used on approved programs or technology, half of which is obsolete or unnecessary.

Yep, just one example, but wealthy schools have large, well stocked supply closets that are open for teachers to use as necessary. Poor schools have small supply closets that are poorly stocked, and often kept behind lock and key.

No they don't. Sure they get additional grants and other Title I funds, but higher performing schools generally have far more resources (donations and infrastructure is massive here) and total "wealth" to use.

I've taught in a very high income school and a low income school. Anything I ever wanted I could get in the high income school just by asking the school secretary, our PTA slush fund was well over $25K. At the low income school we don't get jack shit unless we ask for it at the beginning of each semester, and half the stuff you ask for you have to wait on. We have no money for community experiences or after school snacks/activities. Teachers at low income schools spend way more of out of pocket than those at high income schools. Which is one of the reasons teacher retainment (i.e. the biggest "non-student" factor in school performance) is so much lower at low income schools.

It is a completely different financial situation, even if we have more federal money coming in. Because you can't use the federal money as needed, it as to be used on approved programs or technology, half of which is obsolete or unnecessary.

But what biff said sounded right, and that’s most of what matters

Yeah, more tax money goes to our failing schools than our performing schools. Sorry I didn't itemize it for you. And yes, wealthier parents will pay to help things running smoothly at their kids' school. Unfortunately, those PTAs are restricted in what they can pay for as well, so if they wanted to fund an art or Spanish teacher, they can't.

Of course Brasky conveniently left out that Title I funding can be used for for additional teachers to lower student-teacher ratios, which is important, (more than notebooks and Sharpies) and expensive.

Last edited:
Yeah, more tax money goes to our failing schools than our performing schools. Sorry I didn't itemize it for you. And yes, wealthier parents will pay to help things running smoothly at their kids' school. Unfortunately, those PTAs are restricted in what they can pay for as well, so if they wanted to fund an art or Spanish teacher, they can't.

I think this depends on where you live and what the local laws are, because I have definitely heard about using fund raisers to pay a music teachers salary after the position had been cut from the school's official budget.

Of course Brasky conveniently left out that Title I funding can be used for for additional teachers to lower student-teacher ratios, which is important, (more than notebooks and Sharpies) and expensive.

You’re right about Title I funding lowering class sizes, which is a big help, but when you can’t find any experienced teachers to work, and more importantly stay, at low performing schools because all the experienced ones leave due to lack of resources and support, then it doesn’t really move the needle. Give me a teacher with 5-10 years experience and 35 students over a new teacher with 25 students.

That being said there is going to a massive teacher shortage nationwide this year. It’s going to be a shitshow. Nobody wants to work in a hostile workplace for peanuts.

Congratulations conservatives your goal of destroying public education is working!

Last edited:

Relax, Shoo. It's only the 28th. The rent isn't due for a few more days.

No. No we don't. I need to teach my kids to not be like you and teachers need to teach my kids the history of people like you.

Go ahead, third generation off the boat. My family sent five to the army and four to Vietnam. We've spwaned a bunch of teachers who might not want to teach your bullshit.

Back