• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Banning Critical Race Theory

Thank God we have Cooper as governor and enough votes in the legislature to uphold his vetoes, otherwise there's no doubt that NC would be going down the same rabbit holes as so many deep-red states are.
Redistributing is on the way, would not be surprised to see more cracking and packing in state legislative districts to allow increase in republican majority.

No, but today a reporter did contact me today about all the manatees dying in Florida this summer.

Do they suspect fowl play?

(Yeah I know)

99% of the Maga hat wearing horse medicine taking trumptards could not explain CRT. Just sheep following the right wing nutjobs.

5nmbqo.jpg

[h=1]Students fight back against a book ban that has a Pennsylvania community divided[/h]
https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/15/us/book-ban-controversy-pennsylvania/index.html

Last October, the all-White school board unanimously banned a list of educational resources that included a children's book about Rosa Parks, Malala Yousafzai's autobiography and CNN's Sesame Street town hall on racism.

School officials say it's not a ban, and the materials are "frozen" while the board vets the material. But that process has taken nearly a year. At the virtual board meeting on Monday, district leaders said the materials are still prohibited.
Some students and their parents said it's frustrating and questioned the logic of a school board that they say isn't diverse and doesn't address the concerns of a multicultural student body.

"There are teachers looking over their shoulders wondering if someone's going to be at their door darkening their door, saying you said something or you mentioned something or used something that you were not supposed to," said Patricia Jackson, who has taught in the Central York School District for more than 20 years.

But don't worry, it's just a coincidence.

The fact that all the banned materials are by or about people of color is just a coincidence, according to Jane Johnson, the school board president.
"Concerns were based on the content of the resources, not the author or topic...," she said in a statement.

"I want to learn genuine history," said Olivia Pituch, a student who was protesting in front of Central York High School this week.

"I don't want to learn a White-washed version. I want to hear all of it. I don't want everyone to be worried about how we feel because no one was worried about how BIPOC members of the community felt."

But one expert said this ban is different from many of the other debates across the country.
"This seems pretty egregious. I can see how certain trainings or workshops that some parents take exception to seem really outside of what a history class can be expected to do," said Natalia Mehlman Petrzela, an associate professor of history at the New School. "But the kind of texts that are being banned here make me feel that there is now just sort of an allergy to anything that mentions race or racism."

Conservatives have certainly moved backwards on race. At least they used to pretend Rosa Parks was a hero.

At least they're saying the quiet parts out loud, imo. That book banning in PA is legit just "shit written by non-white people."

Keep it coming, jhmd and junebug! hoods off !

To be fair, I haven't really heard many people explain CRT. It's kinda one of it's points.

To be fair to whom?

Seems like the onus should be on the ones claiming it’s super harmful and widespread in schools to define it and prove it.

[h=1]Students fight back against a book ban that has a Pennsylvania community divided[/h]
https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/15/us/book-ban-controversy-pennsylvania/index.html

But don't worry, it's just a coincidence.

Rosa Parks was a total grifting bitch and not a hero.

Claudette Colvin is histories actual hero in that story.

Last edited:
To be fair, I haven't really heard many people explain CRT. It's kinda one of it's points.

The problem is that what y'all call CRT isn't actually CRT. There is a well-defined field of CRT (like I posted above, there's a literal anthology documenting key texts), but Republicans and libertarians are conflating CRT with any discussion of race and/or critical history of institutional racism in the United States. The bigger problem is that's the point. Now, Republicans are leaning on this debate to basically burn books written by and representing experiences of non-white people.

Back