• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Banning Critical Race Theory

I'm thinking us Army special forces needs to ensure ideological diversity of its membership: leftists needed at Fort bragg!

This thread is about critical race theory. Why are the “conservatives” on here so intent on changing the subject. If you want to talk about other shit, start a thread. However, you are revealing a lot about yourselves when you can’t have an honest discussion on crt.

I don’t remember jh bombing this badly before

Why don't you answer the question I actually asked, instead of rephrasing it into one you'd rather address. Phan offered up a handful of departments where I'd find conservatives. Why wouldn't I be able to find them in every department? Try to answer without proving my point.

Kory couldn't.

Neither could Juice.

Maybe Phan will explain.

So when the Left starts to see the walls close in on some of its own theories, all I can say is "Welcome to the World!"

Because you’re not legitimately asking that question. Everyone has answered it for you many times over the years. People are interested in different things which drive their career aspirations and politics. Fields that rely on research and evidence-based theories or science are not going to be popular with people who reject science for political reasons.

You’re going to ignore my answer again and keep asking the same question again because you’re just trolling.

Lol, ph caught jh with the ninja delete.
Jh, quit depending on the liberals to solve your problems for you. You answer the fucking question.

I live next door to the University of Chicago and I see no lack of conservative influence in its teaching, in its relationship with the community, or with its student body

and the world is worse for it

Can you elaborate what path you’re following to get to the end argument that the left has banned conservative arguments from the academy?

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...-outnumber-republicans-9-to-1-at-top-colleges

From the article:

That being said, the most drastic differences in the ratio were reported among professors of English, at 26.8 to 1, sociology at 27 to 1, and anthropology 42.2 to 1. When it comes to the more academically rigorous and well-respected disciplines of mathematics, at 5.5 to 1, chemistry, at 4.6 to 1, and economics at 3 to 1, a much smaller ratio was observed.

26.8 to 1.
27 to 1.
42.2 to 1.

Who's going to make the conservative arguments?

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...-outnumber-republicans-9-to-1-at-top-colleges

From the article:

That being said, the most drastic differences in the ratio were reported among professors of English, at 26.8 to 1, sociology at 27 to 1, and anthropology 42.2 to 1. When it comes to the more academically rigorous and well-respected disciplines of mathematics, at 5.5 to 1, chemistry, at 4.6 to 1, and economics at 3 to 1, a much smaller ratio was observed.

26.8 to 1.
27 to 1.
42.2 to 1.

my man

"It used a sample of the top “two US News highest-ranked private and two US News highest-ranked public institutions among the national universities, regional universities, and liberal arts colleges in each state.”"

This thread is about critical race theory. Why are the “conservatives” on here so intent on changing the subject. If you want to talk about other shit, start a thread. However, you are revealing a lot about yourselves when you can’t have an honest discussion on crt.

It is actually about banning CRT, not CRT itself.

jh, in your own words, how would you describe critical race theory and what are your concerns about it being taught at your kids' school(s)?

my man

"It used a sample of the top “two US News highest-ranked private and two US News highest-ranked public institutions among the national universities, regional universities, and liberal arts colleges in each state.”"

My sample of 8,688 tenure track, Ph.D.–holding professors from fifty-one of the sixty-six top ranked liberal arts colleges in the U.S. News 2017 report consists of 5,197, or 59.8 percent, who are registered either Republican or Democrat. The mean Democratic-to-Republican ratio (D:R) across the sample is 10.4:1, but because of an anomaly in the definition of what constitutes a liberal arts college in the U.S. News survey, I include two military colleges, West Point and Annapolis.1 If these are excluded, the D:R ratio is a whopping 12.7:1.

https://www.nas.org/academic-questi...iations_of_elite_liberal_arts_college_faculty

jh, in your own words, how would you describe critical race theory and what are your concerns about it being taught at your kids' school(s)?

…and what are your concerns that Republican politicians are out to mischaracterize and ban its teaching in schools, including public universities?

So I have already said that I don't want any idea banned from the curriculum as a policy. You just said you regret that the University of Chicago has not sufficiently rejected conservativism four posts ago. Are you guys sure you're the right people to be giving this lecture?

From the article:

26.8 to 1.
27 to 1.
42.2 to 1.

What conservative arguments need to be made in math and science?

So I have already said that I don't want any idea banned from the curriculum as a policy. You just said you regret that the University of Chicago has not sufficiently rejected conservativism four posts ago. Are you guys sure you're the right people to be giving this lecture?

That’s not what he asked.

Jh, you're CONVENIENTLY ignoring the lack of liberal ideology in the military. The ratio is even more unbalanced.

Also, you can tell something about the person who wrote that by how they describe the "rigor" of particular disciplines. Lol

now I'm kinda concerned that the people protecting my Freedom are only of one monolithic political ideology

Inherent in the question “who’s going to make the conservative arguments?” is the suggestion that professors or teachers are making arguments at all rather than presenting source texts and other evidence (or in the case of the life sciences, empirical data).

Would anybody on here who teaches fess up to actually making arguments? It feels to me like my experience in higher Ed, even engaging directly with CRT, wasn’t that the professor who put together the reading list was suggesting it was the only way to see the world (or more specifically the law or literature or politics) but rather another lens from which to view the world. And further when I pushed back on some ideas in the text the role of the professor wasn’t advancing liberal or conservative arguments, but trying to be sure I was thinking critically about the arguments presented to me.

Back