• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Banning Critical Race Theory

By the time these clowns are through the only textbook that will be allowed in HS American History classrooms will be A Patriot's History of the United States, and a panel of "patriot parents" at each school will determine the books and novels that are allowed to be read.

"Patriot Ministry of Public Enlightenment and Propaganda"

Remember all those claims that anti-CRT groups wouldn't go after teachers for teaching things that clearly were not CRT? Well...

"Just one year ago, fourth grade teacher Rickie Farah was honored as a teacher of the year in Southlake, an affluent community outside of Dallas, Tex. Now, she was on the cusp of being singled out for punishment by the school board. Her crime: A student in her class had taken home a copy of teacher Tiffany Jewell’s best-selling book, This Book Is Anti-Racist: 20 Lessons on How to Wake Up, Take Action, and Do the Work, from Farah’s classroom library. When the child’s parents filed a complaint with the school district, alleging that the book was inappropriate, administrators declined to punish Farah. Then Southlake’s new conservative majority school board intervened. By a vote of three to two, members agreed to direct school administrators to place a letter of reprimand in Farah’s personnel file, permanently blemishing the record of one of the district’s star teachers.

“It’s really chilling,” says Jennifer Hough, a parent and member of the Southlake chapter of Dignity for All Texas Students. “The message that’s being sent to the teachers in this school district is that nobody’s safe.”

In May, parents angry over a proposed plan to address racism in Southlake’s schools propelled a slate of conservative candidates into office. Today, that parent anger, along with the state’s new limits on how teachers address controversial issues, increasingly informs district policy. The school district recently announced new rules restricting what books teachers can assign and instructing them to get rid of books that parents might perceive as biased. Even books on the Holocaust should be balanced with opposing perspectives, officials told teachers."

So award-winning teachers are now being punished for having books in their library that some parents don't like, and parents are now starting to dictate what teachers can and cannot teach regarding race, racism, sexism, and gay rights. Lovely.

Link: https://www.thenation.com/article/politics/parents-vigiliante-gop-crt/

If you’re against anti-racism, you’re pro-racism. It’s pretty simple.

Oh, and a TX state legislator is asking TX public schools to let him know if they have any books on a list he has compiled. The list, which contains 850 books, is being targeted because they "might make students feel discomfort, guilt, anguish, or any other form of psychological distress because of their race or sex." Are book burnings next?

Link: https://www.npr.org/2021/10/28/1050013664/texas-lawmaker-matt-krause-launches-inquiry-into-850-books?utm_term=nprnews&utm_campaign=npr&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&fbclid=IwAR0kiv5MpnXpV1B5097wO3mEASu24lCuU5aQ8qbH27HTBcJBZJM6Jvu438s

Not talking about Ph. The anti-Asian, anti-Jewish and anti-white Farrahkan lingo.

Not talking about Ph. The anti-Asian, anti-Jewish and anti-white Farrahkan lingo.

Why, yes, because that's more important than a state legislator creating a list of 850 books that he feels might offend white kids and ordering schools to let him know which books on his list they have, and a teacher of the year being punished for having a book in her library that some parents didn't like.

Yes, I remember the all Republicsn retreat where I was invited and we listed books to ban. I assume it was at the same time all black people held their annual retreat and elected you.

Tellling parents that they have no say in their kids eduction is a loser issue. You are on the verge of blowing an unfuckable race in Virginia over this very issue.

Yes, I remember the all Republicsn retreat where I was invited and we listed books to ban. I assume it was at the same time all black people held their annual retreat and elected you.

You did not think this through.

Really? Were you working with the TX state legislator in making his list to send around to TX public schools?

Tellling parents that they have no say in their kids eduction is a loser issue. You are on the verge of blowing an unfuckable race in Virginia over this very issue.

So your argument is that parents who are eligible voters have “no say” over the education that their school board and state politicians oversee?

Parents who want to singularly decide what their children learn can homeschool.

Parents who want their children to learn from likeminded people can do private school.

What you want is for a few parents to dictate what everyone other child learns.

Only dishonest conservatives are telling parents that they have no say in their kids education to get them riled up. Are you saying that parents should be able to dictate and micro-manage teachers in what they teach in the classroom? Because that's what is starting to happen, and it's going to wreck public education even worse than it already is. What person is going to stay in teaching when they can be a teacher of the year one year and reprimanded the next because irate parents don't like a book that their kid brought home from your classroom? That's not parental involvement, it's fucking insane. Jesus, we've got examples of parents threatening teachers and school board members by surrounding their cars at school board meetings and yelling "we know where you live." That's what is fucking insane.

Back