• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Banning Critical Race Theory

No, your messaging sucks.

What does that have to do with these incidents in Texas? There's a thread for the 2022 elections. I've said myself that the Democrats suck at messaging, but what is happening to education in states like Texas ought to bother anyone who cares about what kids are being taught, or the future of teaching as a profession. You seem to want to divert the thread into a discussion of how Democrats suck at messaging.

As in morons, this did not fucking happen.

“This did not fucking happen” seems to be the mantra from the right. Getting people to forget or never learn the evils of white supremacy is the key to maintaining white supremacy.

You can't have school board members telling parents to shut up or "fuck you." Andectotal just like the echo chamber here.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/california-school-board-member-caught-on-hot-mic-saying-f-you-at-parent

LOL. So you agree with what's happening in Texas? As usual, you aren't nearly as centrist as you claim to be. I also find it funny that the proud party of "fuck your feelings" and calling liberals "snowflakes" suddenly is all concerned and nervous about the feelings of white kids in classrooms, and their parents at home.

No, this did not fucking happen means no one asked me about one Texas legislator or even the Orange Clown. There is no great meeting to determine this,

No, this did not fucking happen means no one asked me about one Texas legislator or even the Orange Clown. There is no great meeting to determine this,

And yet it's happening in Texas and in other states. Amazing, isn't it? And are you saying that since no one asked you, personally, about it that it doesn't matter? Seriously?

I never believe in banning any books. What is taught versus what is available is different.

EVerything should be available, not necessarily taught. You need English lessons.

EVerything should be available, not necessarily taught. You need English lessons.

Or maybe you just need to explain yourself better. So you can have the books available but just not teach about what's in them? That's a most interesting concept.

Ph, you are the one who claimed it was all Republicans vs. Farrakhan. I've being showing you Republicans are hardly en masse book burners.

Ph, you are the one who claimed it was all Republicans vs. Farrakhan. I've being showing you Republicans are hardly en masse book burners.

No. You did that. I made fun of it.

So your stance is that teachers need to have a wide variety of books available for students (anti-racism, pro-racism, etc) and the kids can decide what they want. But "parents" (whatever that means) should decide what teachers teach.

I've read far more books outisde of classes than in them.

Great. Which has no relevance to the argument about banning or limiting discussions of race, racism, and all other forms of bigotry from the classroom and curriculum.

Last edited:
Let's make this simple. I don't think Howard Zinn should be taught as history, but his work should be in the library.

I do think Richard Wright is appropriate for high school students in English class.

Why should you make that decision and not the professionals, the history teachers and English teachers?

Back