• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Banning Critical Race Theory

Nobody is trying to take away anyone’s right to vote for school board members or speak at school board meetings.

No, I don't believe in banning books. I don't like state legislatures getting involved in local school matters. But, I don't believe in CRT. And I do believe in parents having a say.

It seems I'm not liberal enough for you. R's think I'm too liberal for them. I argue the counter in this forum because it is overwhelmingly left wing.

How about voting out school board members they don't agree with, is that ok?

No, I don't believe in banning books. I don't like state legislatures getting involved in local school matters. But, I don't believe in CRT. And I do believe in parents having a say.

It seems I'm not liberal enough for you. R's think I'm too liberal for them. I argue the counter in this forum because it is overwhelmingly left wing.

If you believe that CRT is actually being taught in public schools, you're not a centrist. I have no doubt that you're not a liberal - you're a conservative who refuses to acknowledge it. And if sticking up for teachers in this miserable teaching environment is "left wing" then I'll gladly accept the term.

Last edited:
How about voting out school board members they don't agree with, is that ok?

Sure. That’s democracy.

What exactly are you complaining about? There’s nothing you claim to want that you don’t already have.

And I'll excerise my rights when or if necessary. Otheriswe, I don't like anyone - state legislators included, screwing around with my local school board.

I've already said I don't like the book banner, I don't know what else you want from someone who disagrees with your sources as teachable materials. Seriously, you want me to have www.theroot.com as materials for my kid, no fucking way.

If you believe that CRT is actually being taught in public schools, you're not a centrist. I have no doubt that you're not a liberal - you're a conservative who refuses to acknowledge it. And if sticking up for teachers in this miserable teaching environment is "left wing" then I'll gladly accept the term.

Fine, call me conservative then. I live in Georgia, I hardly qualify down here, AS for you, if you don't see the assault on gifted and talented education you aren't a realist.

Fine, call me conservative then. I live in Georgia, I hardly qualify down here, AS for you, if you don't see the assault on gifted and talented education you aren't a realist.

I've been watching the "assault on gifted and talented education" for years thanks to many friends and relatives who happen to be teachers. Some have left the profession over the past couple of years due to various issues, one of which is parental complaints from right-wingers over commonly accepted issues like slavery being the main cause of the Civil War. I'm very much a realist, the difference between you and me is that I think the assault is coming almost entirely from the right, and not the left, in secondary and elementary education. There is no CRT being taught in any systematic manner in nearly any school system in the country. The anti-CRT bills and right-wing parent groups trying to take over school boards want to eliminate much of the stuff you claim to support regarding teaching racism, racist incidents in American history, gay rights, and all the rest. If they have their way teachers - good teachers - are ultimately going to be fired or driven from the profession and curriculums will be revised to severely limit how racial issues can be taught in schools. It's that simple.

What about the 1619 project?

Any New York, amongst other places, cancelling Gifted and Talented programs, claiming they are racist?

Last edited:
It’s pretty much an extension of dumb fucks thinking they know more than people whose job it is to know the things they know and act accordingly. A continued creep where intelligence, experience, and expertise are considered negatives and equal to the random “research” you did online and the other trash you’ve consumed.

This. This is the Trump party which is the majority of the Republican Party.

Who is teaching CRT?

What about the 1619 project?

Any New York, amongst other places, cancelling Gifted and Talented programs, claiming they are racist?

What about it?

Why do you want to preserve racial bias in gifted education?

Dude, just change your username and put down your 12th Natty light.

Racial bias my ass. Attacks on Asians and whites, especially Asians is what you are doing. Hispanics have lower referral rates and that is due to a second language at a young age artifiicallly pushing down scores.

Fuck you Mr. I want to teach a class in "Why White People Suck."

Kissing these asses doesn't make people repsect you or give you real friends.

Racial bias my ass. Attacks on Asians and whites, especially Asians is what you are doing. Hispanics have lower referral rates and that is due to a second language at a young age artifiicallly pushing down scores.
I don't know what a single bit of this means

Fuck you Mr. I want to teach a class in "Why White People Suck."

Kissing these asses doesn't make people repsect you or give you real friends.

Who are you talking to? You seem very angry but I’m not sure what you have to be angry about.

Hispanic referrals to gifted programs increase by grade level. This is best explained by having to master two langugages for many students at a young age. Asian students are most likely to be referred to gifted programs. Killing these programs is racist to them.

Hispanic referrals to gifted programs increase by grade level. This is best explained by having to master two langugages for many students at a young age. Asian students are most likely to be referred to gifted programs. Killing these programs is racist to them.

This is good insight about the weird strawman arguments the right is using to get white people who are living comfortable lives to feel like victims in a country tailor-made for them.

Back