• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Banning Critical Race Theory

Also, something seems to be missing from d...or maybe it is too many double negatives for me to follow.

"d. members of one race or sex cannot and should not attempt to treat others without respect to race or sex"

I asked questions about d. earlier in this thread bc it seems like people I meet who insist they are not racist do so by describing their worldview as "colorblind". "Colorblind" policies are what I'd expect conservatives to try to legislate.

Personally I think recognizing and acknowledging difference is important, especially since in the US our histories of discrimination have set up enduring inequalities, many of which are institutionalized and invisible.

What a relief this must be. Finally, a white liberal to speak for them. Prayers answered!

We discuss CRT as one of the most important legal theories in the past 40 years and as a continuation of the traditions of legal realism (1890s-1930s) and critical legal studies (c. 1970something). We discuss it alongside of the increasingly influential crypto-Catholic religious conservative ideology (propagated by the Federalist Society with the explicit intent of brainwashing law students and stacking the courts lol) that has become a dominant position on the US Supreme Court despite being a similarly marginal ideological position writ large.

I also teach my students that the conflation of Critical Race Theory with the Frankfurt School's "critical theory" isn't a coincidence. Despite the fact that CRT and CT aren't part of the same intellectual family tree, CT has a connotation that works as a convenient dog whistle for fascists and anti-Semites since its inception. You see, Hitler wasn't that into critical theory, either, and bullied all of the critical theorists (Jews, themselves), as well as the cultural marxists and social progressives out of town to grease the Third Reich's ideological wheels. It's not a coincidence that the right wing conspiracy theory machine is conflating the two since "Cultural Marxism" and "Critical Theory" have long been proxy phrasing dog whistles for "Judaism" and "Jewishness" in white supremacists and neo-Nazi circles.

Remember how I warned you about how your party was cultivating an anti-Semitism revival? This is just the next step in legitimizing it ideologically and institutionally (through laws that dictate what does and doesn't constitute teachable knowledge). Two birds with one stone, though, since now conservatives via white supremacists are targeting both Black people and Jewish people with this latest round of fearmongering.

Last edited:
Posting on this board, it's easy for me to forget that I'm actually not the one who is the outlier here:

https://gazette.com/poll-majority-h...cle_09b2bc9a-ceef-11eb-828e-c35ebef3bda5.html

Looks like the Dems still have work to do. I'm sure continuing to insult people will eventually work in changing their minds.

I can deal with being one of the smartest people in the Tunnels. A lifetime of preparation helps mitigate this occupational hazard. But being one of the best looking and most in touch with the real world has been a real adjustment.

Oh, I'm quite aware of its origins in law. What is your field?

Check your notes, man. I'm not giving y'all - bored conservatives +/- RJ - life nugs anymore after the weird doxxing attempts.

Anyway, now that we have agreed that CRT is a legal theory: what do you think about its challenges to legal concepts of "discrimination," "disparate impact" and "property?"

I can deal with being one of the smartest people in the Tunnels. A lifetime of preparation helps mitigate this occupational hazard. But being one of the best looking and most in touch with the real world has been a real adjustment.

…this is weird

Maybe Junebug and jhmd are just really weird dudes who don't even realize they're just trolling and making bad faith arguments.

Glad I could introduce you fellas to one another.

I also said "widespread" and "systematic" in another post, and to date neither you nor any other poster has shown that it is being taught on such a scale. Certainly nothing like what GOP politicians have railed against is being taught on a widespread scale in public schools. So you've found maybe a couple of examples of CRT in public schools, good for you. So I'll ask the question again - does that justify this frenzy to pass laws banning something in multiple states that Republican politicians have shown they don't really understand?

I also said "widespread" and "systematic" in another post, and to date neither you nor any other poster has shown that it is being taught on such a scale. Certainly nothing like what GOP politicians have railed against is being taught on a widespread scale in public schools. So you've found maybe a couple of examples of CRT in public schools, good for you. So I'll ask the question again - does that justify this frenzy to pass laws banning something in multiple states that Republican politicians have shown they don't really understand?

he also doesn't seem to understand that higher education systems and secondary education systems are both public, but actually very different types of educational institutions

it's almost like these dudes aren't interested in debating the issues here, you guys!

I laughed at this:

The threat of "replacement" does seem to be at the heart of conservative and white-supremacist fear-mongering

Weird how a few questionable examples of the danger of CRT justify dozens of laws across the country but hundreds of police killings and systemic police violence doesn’t. I guess it helps that both are about silencing people who aren’t white.

Last edited:
Weird how a few questionable examples of the danger of CRT justify dozens of laws across the country but hundreds of police killings and systemic police violence doesn’t. I guess it helps that both are about silencing people who aren’t white.

Kind of like how sporadic instances of voter fraud that have no impact on any election (aside from the widespread fraud committed by republicans in the NC 9th) are the basis for dozens of other laws in swing states, once again in an attempt to silence people who aren't white.

"d. members of one race or sex cannot and should not attempt to treat others without respect to race or sex"

I asked questions about d. earlier in this thread bc it seems like people I meet who insist they are not racist do so by describing their worldview as "colorblind". "Colorblind" policies are what I'd expect conservatives to try to legislate.

Personally I think recognizing and acknowledging difference is important, especially since in the US our histories of discrimination have set up enduring inequalities, many of which are institutionalized and invisible.

Careful there…sounds like you’re spreading HATE and DIVISION.

Kind of like how sporadic instances of voter fraud that have no impact on any election (aside from the widespread fraud committed by republicans in the NC 9th) are the basis for dozens of other laws in swing states, once again in an attempt to silence people who aren't white.

Yep

GOP strategy…make up problems designed to inflame misguided passions and pretend to solve…ignore real problems and blame everyone else for them…winning!

If so, that's because fear-mongers like you whip them into a frenzy by telling them the law prohibits things it doesn't.

Why are you guys arguing with this racist shit? He is obviously committed to maintaining the white-washed telling of history in our schools. He either ignores, or supports, the way these laws and misinformation campaigns are being used. You are not going to convince him otherwise because he is invested in maintaining the status quo. He doesn't want to change.

Edited: 1st sentence needed a '?'

Last edited:
I also teach my students that the conflation of Critical Race Theory with the Frankfurt School's "critical theory" isn't a coincidence. Despite the fact that CRT and CT aren't part of the same intellectual family tree, CT has a connotation that works as a convenient dog whistle for fascists and anti-Semites since its inception. You see, Hitler wasn't that into critical theory, either, and bullied all of the critical theorists (Jews, themselves), as well as the cultural marxists and social progressives out of town to grease the Third Reich's ideological wheels. It's not a coincidence that the right wing conspiracy theory machine is conflating the two since "Cultural Marxism" and "Critical Theory" have long been proxy phrasing dog whistles for "Judaism" and "Jewishness" in white supremacists and neo-Nazi circles.

wholeheartedly agree with this, just to add that "bullied" is an understatement since he forced the death of their (arguably) most important philosopher (also Jewish!)

i'm really only here for FRANKFORT SCHOOL talk

Back