• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Banning Critical Race Theory

Florida Special Ed teacher in a majority-minority school put up posters and pictures of black leaders like MLK, Harriett Tubman, George Washington Carver, etc. He claims a white female colleague took them down as not "age appropriate", so he quit. Democratic gubernatorial candidate Charlie Crist has already commented on it. If true, it would appear to be exactly the kind of result that DeSantis and the Trumpite base was hoping for when they passed the anti-CRT, "Don't Say Gay", and similar laws. The School Superintendent said that his office would make a "full investigation" of the incident, so I guess we'll find out if it happened as the teacher claimed.

Those are American legends. The greatest among us.

and whose picture did they put in their place?

you guessed it:

10c35c81ffbd7ddfb2ecb92509e1a9bca0ce5859

No MLK but how will conservatives learn out of context quotes to use as a liberal gotcha?

But this is impossible. I distinctly remember some conservative posters here when these anti-CRT laws were passed assuring us that it would never lead to book banning or teachers getting fired for violating some ridiculous repressive shit law. And yet here we are.

But this is impossible. I distinctly remember some conservative posters here when these anti-CRT laws were passed assuring us that it would never lead to book banning or teachers getting fired for violating some ridiculous repressive shit law. And yet here we are.

It's really pathetic, but I mean look at who the conservative posters are? Angus is clearly a do nothing trustfund baby (or something on that level of professional honor), but jhmd works for an utter piece of shit who I doubt he sees eye-to-eye with on some issues where the politics are particularly extreme.

The problem with fascism, though, is that it's not logical or rational. It's why I think it's important to study fascism to understand this historical moment. When you try to reason within the confines of an unreasonable ideology, you justify horrendous policy under utterly dishonest terms.

Highland, I hope you don’t think those were earnest arguments. That’s how they get people to let the leopards out of the cage. They argue the leopards won’t eat your face when it’s obvious that’s exactly what they’re going to do.

Highland, I hope you don’t think those were earnest arguments. That’s how they get people to let the leopards out of the cage. They argue the leopards won’t eat your face when it’s obvious that’s exactly what they’re going to do.

LOL, no. I was being sarcastic. I figured it was disingenuous from the beginning.

To be fair, leopards don’t really eat faces. They typically go for the guts and soft, high energy tissues, like liver and fat deposits, first. Then muscles like glutes and thighs and lastly they gnaw on bony bits like joints and faces. We’re are fine as far and face eating leopards go.

Back