Page 170 of 170 FirstFirst ... 70120160165166167168169170
Results 3,381 to 3,395 of 3395

Thread: Banning Critical Race Theory

To be fair, are there many textbook publishing companies that aren’t owned by shady private equity billionaires?

Quote Originally Posted by BeachBumDeac View Post
    To be fair, are there many textbook publishing companies that aren’t owned by shady private equity billionaires?
    Creating a monopoly is bad.

I ask if any of these nut jobs can define CRT?

Popular talking point of most all Republican't school board candidates in WSFCS.
    “I like the Deacs and I cannot lie”

Dickie Hemric

The document [the shooter’s screed] also claims “critical race theory,” a recent right-wing talking point that has come to generally encompass teaching about race in school, is part of a Jewish plot, and a reason to justify mass killings of Jews.
    I love mankind...it’s people I can’t stand!!

Quote Originally Posted by WakeForestRanger View Post
    At this point they're just following Viktor Orban's playbook in Hungary page-by-page. In Hungary any media (including entertainment media) depictions of LGBTQ people is forbidden to be shown to people under the age of 18, and movies or TV shows that feature LGBTQ scenes or people are given the same "age rating restrictions" as "horror, nudity, sex, adult themes, drugs and/or violence." So basically gays, lesbians, and transgenders are treated as deviants and inferior to straights in terms of legal rights and government protections.

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    A 9-year-old Texas boy cracked a whip at the front door of a Black neighbor looking for their 9-year-old daughter. The mother answered the door and got him to leave. The boy then whipped their car. When her husband went to confront the boy's dad, the dad came out with a gun and accidentally shot the gun.

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/fo...-real/2968951/

Republicans don't want children to learn anti-racism in schools so racism taught at home can flourish.

In more Texas racism news, a white middle school boy choked an Indian-American boy and it was caught on video. The victim was suspended for 3 days. The violent aggressor was suspended for 1 day.
    https://news.yahoo.com/indian-americ...000617630.html
    Last edited by PhDeac; 05-21-2022 at 03:22 PM.

Dickie Hemric

Republicans don't want children to learn anti-racism in schools so racism taught at home can flourish.
    Yep…better to be racist than woke.
    I love mankind...it’s people I can’t stand!!

Who would have though the guns over people party is scared of knowledge?

"Cider House Rules" advocates for a monarchy to make New England like olde England. Sounds un-Murican to me.

They are hoping for the negative effects on the profession.

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    Quote Originally Posted by WFFaithful View Post
    They are hoping for the negative effects on the profession.
    Saying that the ugly anti-CRT discourse will harm public education is just threatening them with a good time.