• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Banning Critical Race Theory

What a dumb question. CRT is a racist method for using critical theory, which was an attempt to rehabilitate and update Marxism, to discover racism wherever and whenever it suits one's political convenience. It has no truth.

Imagine a trumpublican claiming something has no truth.

What a dumb question. CRT is a racist method for using critical theory, which was an attempt to rehabilitate and update Marxism, to discover racism wherever and whenever it suits one's political convenience. It has no truth.

Is race a social construct?

yeah, i mean my daughter is in kindergarten and just learned the unexamined "indians helped save the pilgrims and then they had a big fun feast to celebrate" story this week

Of course that is the problem, but for some mysterious reason thats not what is being addressed. Where are the nut job Thanksgiving Truther parents screaming at school board meetings? All too busy making sure that the books in the school library aren’t turning their kids trans.

Last edited:
As families, we do that. But we also teach our kids a lie about the origin. I would assume most adults still believe it. I think all people are saying is let's just celebrate with family and friends and focus on Thanksgiving. Drop the made up story. We don't need it for Thanksgiving to have value and purpose.

Exactly. Why preserve the lies?

It makes us feel good about ourselves and helps us ignore the uglier parts of our past. That's why and I know you know that.

It makes us feel good about ourselves and helps us ignore the uglier parts of our past. That's why and I know you know that.

Oh definitely.

I don’t think people understand that the lines between history and mythology (and religion for that matter) has always been blurred. We are only recently starting to unblur it by looking beyond the stories we’ve been told to original sources.

I love that Sailor is here to deliver the unabashed fear-laden viewpoint. He is being honest, and he is honestly fucking terrified to his core that proponents of CRT have a Marxist agenda and intend to turn our kids into Communists, the truth be damned. jh is too chickenshit or maybe just more clever than sailor and tries pitifully to ram his bootstraps-fix-all solution because he views everything through a financial prism.

I think it was Al Franken in his book probably 20 years ago described these people as loving America the way toddlers love their parents: "My parents are the best and smartest and most awesome parents in the world and if you say otherwise you're just wrong and I hate you" and he was right.

It is incomprehensible to them that one could love America and believe she is the greatest nation ever created and simultaneously acknowledge her atrocities, lies, and horrific injustices in order to learn and teach and aspire to greater heights.

nah, gotta whitewash that shit and polish the turd. cowards, the lot

Last edited:
PhBarthes

I heard that.

7f8b4fb1e7b1bcb371ce95030ccde271.jpg

Lol The first thanksgiving happened because a small group of fringe Christian lunatics shot their guns in the air and were soon outnumbered by indigenous people provoked for war and to diffuse their fuck up they offered a meal. No wonder they prefer the gooey version.

Once you understand that Christian extremists have always been at the heart of US political mythology, the current state of politics makes sense.

Is cock size a social construct ?

Asking for a friend (DeacDiggler).

It may serve a biological function but the idea that it matters beyond reproduction and racial stereotypes is a social construct.

It may serve a biological function but the idea that it matters beyond reproduction and racial stereotypes is a social construct.

As I recall, current theories suggest that there has been run away sexual selection on both male genital size and female breast size in Homo sapiens. Male penises are way bigger than necessary to effectively impregnate females, and while bipedalism would entail some size and shape changes in sexual organs, human male genitals are 2-4 times bigger than our closest ape relatives (Chimpanzees, Bonobos, Gorillas). Run away sexual selection happens when a trait is selected for by the opposite sex, not because of some advantage the trait offers the individual to survive in the environment but because they just like it, or the trait sends some sort of signal about the quality of the individual with the trait, but the actual signal becomes disconnected from the advantage/quality. Peacock tails are a classic example of run away sexual selection, initially they might have signaled that a male was so adept at escaping predators that he could afford the burden of an extra-large tail, but they've become so big that they create a disadvantage for the males yet they still grow them because the females just love them. It is quite a common phenomenon in the natural world (especially in birds). So, it is quite possible and even probable that as humans evolved bipedalism, their cocks penises became more noticeable to females, and females, for some reason, chose to mate more often with males with larger cocks penises. There must be some simultaneous downward size selection though (e.g., vagina size), because we don't all have 4 foot dicks. I would argue that sexual selection is a form of a "social construct" because it creates selective advantages for specific traits that have little or nothing to do with biology/ecology, and mostly to do with visual/auditory/some other sensory preference

[I'm really looking forward to all the Tapa ads I am going to get from this post]

Back