Page 115 of 115 FirstFirst ... 1565105110111112113114115
Results 2,281 to 2,296 of 2296

Thread: Banning Critical Race Theory

Quote Originally Posted by ConnorEl View Post
    MAGA!
    You may not have gotten the memo but it's now MAGAA

Quote Originally Posted by sailordeac View Post
    What a dumb question. CRT is a racist method for using critical theory, which was an attempt to rehabilitate and update Marxism, to discover racism wherever and whenever it suits one's political convenience. It has no truth.
    Imagine a trumpublican claiming something has no truth.

Quote Originally Posted by sailordeac View Post
    What a dumb question. CRT is a racist method for using critical theory, which was an attempt to rehabilitate and update Marxism, to discover racism wherever and whenever it suits one's political convenience. It has no truth.
    Is race a social construct?

Banning Critical Race Theory

Quote Originally Posted by ImTheCaptain View Post
    yeah, i mean my daughter is in kindergarten and just learned the unexamined "indians helped save the pilgrims and then they had a big fun feast to celebrate" story this week
    Of course that is the problem, but for some mysterious reason thats not what is being addressed. Where are the nut job Thanksgiving Truther parents screaming at school board meetings? All too busy making sure that the books in the school library aren’t turning their kids trans.
    Last edited by myDeaconmyhand; 11-24-2021 at 04:20 PM.
    Draxx them sklounst

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobacco Road View Post
    As families, we do that. But we also teach our kids a lie about the origin. I would assume most adults still believe it. I think all people are saying is let's just celebrate with family and friends and focus on Thanksgiving. Drop the made up story. We don't need it for Thanksgiving to have value and purpose.
    Exactly. Why preserve the lies?

It makes us feel good about ourselves and helps us ignore the uglier parts of our past. That's why and I know you know that.
    Let’s get this done!

Quote Originally Posted by Tobacco Road View Post
    It makes us feel good about ourselves and helps us ignore the uglier parts of our past. That's why and I know you know that.
    Oh definitely.

I don’t think people understand that the lines between history and mythology (and religion for that matter) has always been blurred. We are only recently starting to unblur it by looking beyond the stories we’ve been told to original sources.

PhBarthes
    semi-aquatic like otters be.

I love that Sailor is here to deliver the unabashed fear-laden viewpoint. He is being honest, and he is honestly fucking terrified to his core that proponents of CRT have a Marxist agenda and intend to turn our kids into Communists, the truth be damned. jh is too chickenshit or maybe just more clever than sailor and tries pitifully to ram his bootstraps-fix-all solution because he views everything through a financial prism.

I think it was Al Franken in his book probably 20 years ago described these people as loving America the way toddlers love their parents: "My parents are the best and smartest and most awesome parents in the world and if you say otherwise you're just wrong and I hate you" and he was right.

It is incomprehensible to them that one could love America and believe she is the greatest nation ever created and simultaneously acknowledge her atrocities, lies, and horrific injustices in order to learn and teach and aspire to greater heights.

nah, gotta whitewash that shit and polish the turd. cowards, the lot
    Last edited by WakeandBake; 11-24-2021 at 07:22 PM.

or maybe ive been daydrinking, i cant call it

Quote Originally Posted by TenaciousKory View Post
    PhBarthes
    I heard that.

Dickie Hemric
    Last edited by ConnorEl; 11-25-2021 at 08:41 AM.
    I love mankind...it’s people I can’t stand!!

Lol The first thanksgiving happened because a small group of fringe Christian lunatics shot their guns in the air and were soon outnumbered by indigenous people provoked for war and to diffuse their fuck up they offered a meal. No wonder they prefer the gooey version.

Once you understand that Christian extremists have always been at the heart of US political mythology, the current state of politics makes sense.

Yep.

Some people prefer to be lied to. It’s a trip, man

Draxx them sklounst