• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Banning Critical Race Theory

You’re goddamn right that I don’t respect theory and opinions cloaked in white supremacy.

I’m not going to coddle you racists anymore, I’m going to crush you.

Before you go all Ivan Drago, could you explain how he is a racist?

Feel free to read all 10-15 posts of mine from today. The earlier posts explain why this whole “controversy” is nothing more than regurgitated propaganda of racists and white supremacists.

Just peruse a jhmd post from the Tunnels. The Overton window has shifted a ton since he was dog whistling Dixie from that handle, so I’m sure those posts have aged like curdled milk.

Well, I disagreed with someone on the left on a matter of public policy. I even used race-blind data to do it. That's usually enough.

I'm a micro-old. When I was going to school, a racist was someone who treated others differently because of the color of their skin. A simpleton who looked at other people and used immutable characteristics to make decisions about that person's character and experience. Despite self-serving efforts to twist contemporary definition in a way that immunizes the people most guilty of it today, that's still the definition.

Missed that. You were both right.

Interesting that this is about the first thing you have responded to from my posts despite direct questions.

Take this compliment in the spirit in which it is offered, but I don't find you very interesting, compared to say Brasky or Strick. You've got a long way to go. Your name-calling is getting there but could still use some work, you aren't quick enough to anger, you haven't confessed resentment to ancestors who provided for you, you haven't threatened to push senior citizens down flights of stairs at public buildings because they disagree with you on policy, and to be honest I don't even have a picture of you in my head. No offense, but you're basic.

It's weird. A lot of people who share very little in common beyond their alma mater (and in some cases, not even that) more or less agree that your shtick is tired and bigoted. I have no idea who you are and how you conduct yourself in your everyday life, but man maybe you're the asshole here and not everybody else given the sheer consistency of tired argumentation and rhetorical gymnastics over the last decade of your posting on here (under a few handles, but, to be clear, you have posted and deleted a lot of posts that are remarkably consistent).

Wait, you edited this post and it was still this bad? Woof.

I understand that my observation that you operate in a carefully protected Bubble is painful to confront. I'm sure you'd much prefer to think otherwise, but reality is stubborn. For the last time, no, a left-leaning message board from an expensive private university is not the real world. It's not a cross section of this country. It's not even a great cross section of Wake Forest. It is a pretty good sample of middle aged, middle management men on the political left who are wasting time during the business day. That's pretty much it. Am I terribly surprised that my dissenting message doesn't resonate here? Not in the least.

Among many people who are too smart to come here are a group of people called women. We haven't even gotten to politics and this place already omits half the country. Weird that you'd fail to notice that they're not around (or is it?). So once and for all Strick, drop the act and know thy Bubble. Your arguments aren't strengthened because other people like you agree with them.

As for me, in a room full of virtue-signaling hypocrites who have fetishized the issue of skin color and attempt to weave it into every discussion, dissent is a revolutionary act.

Viva.

Well, I disagreed with someone on the left on a matter of public policy. I even used race-blind data to do it. That's usually enough.

I'm a micro-old. When I was going to school, a racist was someone who treated others differently because of the color of their skin. A simpleton who looked at other people and used immutable characteristics to make decisions about that person's character and experience. Despite self-serving efforts to twist contemporary definition in a way that immunizes the people most guilty of it today, that's still the definition.

Absolutely. Reject all efforts to redefine racism in such a way that the members of one race are automatically guilty of it, while the members of a different group cannot be racist, a redefinition of racism that is in fact obviously racist.

I understand that my observation that you operate in a carefully protected Bubble is painful to confront. I'm sure you'd much prefer to think otherwise, but reality is stubborn. For the last time, no, a left-leaning message board from an expensive private university is not the real world. It's not a cross section of this country. It's not even a great cross section of Wake Forest. It is a pretty good sample of middle aged, middle management men on the political left who are wasting time during the business day. That's pretty much it. Am I terribly surprised that my dissenting message doesn't resonate here? Not in the least.

Among many people who are too smart to come here are a group of people called women. We haven't even gotten to politics and this place already omits half the country. Weird that you'd fail to notice that they're not around (or is it?). So once and for all Strick, drop the act and know thy Bubble. Your arguments aren't strengthened because other people like you agree with them.

As for me, in a room full of virtue-signaling hypocrites who have fetishized the issue of skin color and attempt to weave it into every discussion, dissent is a revolutionary act.

Viva.

Says the guy who is obsessed with protecting the purity of white legacy.

Once again, as a public school teacher, I do not teach Critical Race Theory. Are there parts of the theory that overlap with what I teach? Sure. Because American history is riddled with institutionalized racism. 75% of our national timeline revolves around Jim Crow or slavery. Slavery being a racist structure in which murder, rape, kidnapping, torture, and many other forms of inhumane barbarism were allowed and even encouraged by the state.

Then think about how these racist structures still affect our world today. Drive to impoverished black communities (like the one I teach in) and understand that for a century black people were unable to leave these areas, which received little to no government assistance. Ponder the fact that my black peers have grandparents who lived in fear of racial violence everyday of their lives. Comprehend that black WWII veterans were not able to use to the G.I. bill to move their families out of poverty and into the middle class like millions of their white brethren.

Why are you so afraid of your kids learning about these historical wrongs? Is it because you don't actually want to correct them? That's what I contend, and why I believe that anyone that is spouting off this anti-CRT bullshit is a racist. You don't actually understand the theory, you just want black people to stay in their place. Because you are a bigot.

Once again, as a public school teacher, I do not teach Critical Race Theory. Are there parts of the theory that overlap with what I teach? Sure. Because American history is riddled with institutionalized racism. 75% of our national timeline revolves around Jim Crow or slavery. Slavery being a racist structure in which murder, rape, kidnapping, torture, and many other forms of inhumane barbarism were allowed and even encouraged by the state.

Then think about how these racist structures still affect our world today. Drive to impoverished black communities (like the one I teach in) and understand that for a century black people were unable to leave these areas, which received little to no government assistance. Ponder the fact that my black peers have grandparents who lived in fear of racial violence everyday of their lives. Comprehend that black WWII veterans were not able to use to the G.I. bill to move their families out of poverty and into the middle class like millions of their white brethren.

Why are you so afraid of your kids learning about these historical wrongs? Is it because you don't actually want to correct them? That's what I contend, and why I believe that anyone that is spouting off this anti-CRT bullshit is a racist. You don't actually understand the theory, you just want black people to stay in their place. Because you are a bigot.

Have you read my position on these CRT laws? You might want to start there. I'm against them. I have said so in this very thread. Teacher hasn't done his homework. "Crushing" it, as usual.

Have you read my position on these CRT laws? You might want to start there. I'm against them. I have said so in this very thread. Teacher hasn't done his homework. "Crushing" it, as usual.

Honestly I can’t differentiate between and WakeBored. You’ve become one.

That being said, congratulated on being on the sane side of this non-issue.

If you quietly slip your official position on these ridiculous laws amongst an avalanche of posts enjoying the political fallout of said laws, does it even matter?

Honestly I can’t differentiate between and WakeBored. You’ve become one.

That being said, congratulated on being on the sane side of this non-issue.

He's the good looking one. I'm the other one.

Viva.

i'm sure once we include women we'll find a ton of people who agree with you since women are widely acknowledged to be less empathetic and more racist than men.

I bet he is spot on with is breakdown of the demographics here. Have we ever done a user survey?

It looks like you actually meant this post for me, not WokeandBroke, so I'll respond, although attempting to engage with you is against my better judgment.

If you actually bothered reading my posts, you would see that I'm not against kids learning about these historical wrongs. Moreover, these anti-CRT laws don't prohibit teaching kids about them. Instead, the anti-CRT laws prohibit teaching things like, for example, that all white people are oppressors, that white people are not capable of treating black people equally, or that meritocracies were designed by white people to keep black people down. I've said it repeatedly on this thread--read the damn laws. Yes, some liberals are fear mongering by claiming that the anti-CRT laws prohibit teaching about slavery or the Tulsa massacre or the civil rights movement of the 1960s or whatever, but that's not what these laws say. Fear mongering is just what liberals do. See, e.g., arguments that confirming ACB to the SCOTUS would result in the ACA being overturned.

By calling people who disagree with you racist or white supremacist, you are not actually making an argument. Instead, you are trying to stifle views different from yours by accusing someone of committing the most grievous sin possible in our post-woke culture. That's a tactic right out of the CRT playbook, but it doesn't really work on an anonymous message board.

Jh is at least pretending to be above it all but Junebug is still gaslighting us with bullshit that may work for Facebook but no one is buying it here.

By calling people who disagree with you racist or white supremacist, you are not actually making an argument. Instead, you are trying to stifle views different from yours by accusing someone of committing the most grievous sin possible in our post-woke culture. That's a tactic right out of the CRT playbook, but it doesn't really work on an anonymous message board.

Speaking of playbooks, the right wing CRT guy already laid his out publicly. Which you’re using.

1. Find something obscure but broad sounding with a wedge-ready title with something that might sound scary.
2. Beat the hell out of it, slippery slope it, whip everyone up about it
3. Start lumping in other more common things under that umbrella that sound similarish
4. Continue step 2
5. When people object to step 3, accuse them of being in lock step with the obscure step 1 item.

The emotionally charged (probably Fox watchers) won’t know the difference.

It’s a win win. Maybe you get some regressive bullshit passed but either way we’ve manipulated a voter base. Pay no attention to our filibustering, Biden and Kamala want to cancel white people

Back